PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

mag
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
No I think it would be very sad if she was banned from her daughter's weddings. She is their mother and by all reports she is a good one. Whatever else she's done, she loves her girls.

ITA. I also think that her girls' weddings will not be state affairs like William and Kate's. They will be private weddings more along the lines of Anne's children.

my little pony
06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
her daughters' weddings would be great opportunities for her to try to sell access to Prince Andrew again

Carmen Ovsiannikov
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
No I think it would be very sad if she was banned from her daughter's weddings. She is their mother and by all reports she is a good one. Whatever else she's done, she loves her girls.

Actually I was making a sad attempt at a joke. But what's really sad is that with Fergie it probably won't be long before she does something else that will cause the Queen to want to ban her from even a daughters wedding and though you are right that she never would. She (Fergie) can't seem to stay out of trouble for whatever reason.

I wasn't interested all that much in the last wedding but for some reason I'd love to see clips of Prince Albert's wedding to Charlene Wittstock though I'm not expecting to see anything on television. I'll probably have to check youtube and gettyimages.

From time to time I've wondered why the Monaco Royal family never got as much attention as the Windsors. Even before Princess Grace passed. From what I recall even with young Princess Caroline and now her gorgeous daughter Charlotte they rarely warrant mention. The Grimaldi's seem more glamourous and star like than the Windsors and with the celebrity culture being huge in the U.S. I would think they would get at least a little more attention than they do. Of coure Charlotte doesn't seem to be a huge party girl do maybe that's part of the reason for no interest.

I also like the ceremonial wear of the Japanese Royal family but they are even more invisible to the western press than the Grimaldi's.

Fergus
06-17-2011, 08:36 PM
her daughters' weddings would be great opportunities for her to try to sell access to Prince Andrew again

Speaking of: Thru all the recent Windsor shin-digs, Andy has been looking a little glum, IMHO.

Anyone know why no uniform on him for Trooping the Colour? IIRC, he is the only one of HMQ's sons to actually experience wartime service in the British Armed Forces.

I remember when he got married, I was a 14yo twinkie and he was SUCH a beefy dreamboat in my eyes! :swoon: :lol:

Gotta admit, he's still a DILF to moi. ;)

nerdycool
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Anyone know why no uniform on him for Trooping the Colour? IIRC, he is the only one of HMQ's sons to actually experience wartime service in the British Armed Forces.I actually can't recall him ever wearing a uniform at the Trooping, although he has honorary army ranks like his siblings. He's usually in a morning suit. It was just more apparent this year because Edward showed up in uniform, which I don't think he'd done at the Trooping before.

Fergus
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
^ Gotcha.

Gotta admit, Eddie's uniform (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3595/5821402940_853d0f2e04_o.jpg) was totally groovy. :D

Latte
06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
I would not be at all surprised to learn w/in the next year that Princess Beatrice's engagement to Dave Scott is announced. They seem to be a pretty soild and together team and I think he's good for her too.

Now *that's* a Wedding that will be interesting thanks to all the Mother of the Bride has done over the years... :shuffle:

The thought of what she and her bridesmaids will wear makes me faint.
I'm terrified, I tell you!:eek::confused::shuffle:

Latte
06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
^ Gotcha.

Gotta admit, Eddie's uniform (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3595/5821402940_853d0f2e04_o.jpg) was totally groovy. :D

Hmm, I would love Sofie's hat if the flower was just a foot or so smaller.:D
I think I am becoming a hat fanantic. I may move to London, since no one wears them here.:D

nerdycool
06-17-2011, 11:34 PM
I must say, Sophie never ever struck me as an adventurous hat person until the past three or so years. Sometimes it's a fail (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2009/04/easter-at-windsor-hrh-the-countess-of-wessex/), but other times it's a total win (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2011/06/royal-ascot-2011-day-two-hrh-the-countess-of-wessex/).

AragornElessar
06-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Speaking of: Thru all the recent Windsor shin-digs, Andy has been looking a little glum, IMHO.

Anyone know why no uniform on him for Trooping the Colour? IIRC, he is the only one of HMQ's sons to actually experience wartime service in the British Armed Forces.

He really doesn't look happy of late, but considering all that's happened and still going on, one can't really blame him. Andrew's really had a rotten year so far. As for the lack of uniform, according to someone over at The Royal Forums, it was because he has no Army appointments, wheras Edward does. Now I could swore he did have at least one Honourary Colonel rank in the Army, but then again...Anyway, that appears to be the reason.

Actually I was making a sad attempt at a joke. But what's really sad is that with Fergie it probably won't be long before she does something else that will cause the Queen to want to ban her from even a daughters wedding and though you are right that she never would. She (Fergie) can't seem to stay out of trouble for whatever reason.

You know what is *really* sad? I haven't seen it yet, as it doesn't come on up here in Canada until tonight IIRC on OWN, but apparently on the preview for the second episode of Finding Sarah, there's a bit w/Beatrice telling Fergie...

I'm afraid when you go off on your own because I'm not there to help you if you get into trouble.

Now why should that be on Beatrice's shoulders? Mummy is now 51 years old and is supposed to be an Adult, so why should her daughter have to be around to bail her out?

Sad. :(

I wasn't interested all that much in the last wedding but for some reason I'd love to see clips of Prince Albert's wedding to Charlene Wittstock though I'm not expecting to see anything on television. I'll probably have to check youtube and gettyimages.

There's got to be a streaming site out there that us here in NA that can access it, can. There usually is, but it's a matter of finding the thing.

From time to time I've wondered why the Monaco Royal family never got as much attention as the Windsors.

Maybe not here in NA, but in Europe? They certainly do over there. BTW, I posted a link to Hello's site/page they've got set up for the Monaco Royal Wedding on the last page of the thread. That was a lot of fun to go through the other day. :D

Fergus
06-18-2011, 01:39 AM
As for the lack of uniform, according to someone over at The Royal Forums, it was because he has no Army appointments, wheras Edward does. Now I could swore he did have at least one Honourary Colonel rank in the Army, but then again...Anyway, that appears to be the reason.

After a quick Wikipedia search, it does indeed look like all his ranks are from the Royal Navy:

19811984: Sub-Lieutenant, Pilot, 820 NAS on HMS Invincible;
19841993: Lieutenant, Pilot, 815 NAS on HMS Brazen; Helicopter Warfare Instructor, 702 NAS at RNAS Culdrose; Flight Commander, 829 NAS on HMS Campbeltown
19931999: Lieutenant-Commander, Captain, HMS Cottesmore; Senior Pilot, 815 NAS at RNAS Portland; Directorate of Naval Operations, British Ministry of Defence
19992005: Commander, Diplomacy Section of the Naval Staff
20052010: Honorary Captain
2010: Rear Admiral

I bet he looks dashing in his Rear Admiral's uniform, though! ;)

my little pony
06-18-2011, 03:44 AM
I must say, Sophie never ever struck me as an adventurous hat person until the past three or so years. Sometimes it's a fail (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2009/04/easter-at-windsor-hrh-the-countess-of-wessex/), but other times it's a total win (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2011/06/royal-ascot-2011-day-two-hrh-the-countess-of-wessex/).

is it wrong that i love the big ass butterfly hat that beatrice wears in the upper right side of this page?

mag
06-18-2011, 04:03 AM
is it wrong that i love the big ass butterfly hat that beatrice wears in the upper right side of this page?

That hat is one of those go big or go home hats. It is so over the top that it actually works. It doesn't hurt that she is such a cutey!

redonthehead
06-18-2011, 05:05 AM
So, it begins....

TLC has a show coming on Sunday about William and Kate. The title is William and Kate...The Royal baby watch.

AragornElessar
06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey Gang...I completely forgot until a couple of minutes ago when I saw the Wedding thread in the side menu of recently posted in threads over at The Royal Forums, but we've got a Wedding this weekend. Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Alexander Johannsmann's Church Wedding Ceremony will be taking place and it's white tie to boot.

As she's a Niece of the Queen of Denmark, the majority of the Danish Royals will be in attendance, as well as the Majority of the Greek Royals as Queen Anne-Marie is also her Aunt. So at the very least, they'll be providing some major bling.

So we have the Fashions and Hats of the end of Royal Ascot Weekend and also the Gowns and bling of the Wedding to look forward to this weekend. It's going to fun!!! :D :D :D