PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Latte
06-15-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm asking myself why they they need all these people. A hairdresser, ok, but several press secretaries and a admin. assistant?:rolleyes:

IceAlisa
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm asking myself why they they need all these people. A hairdresser, ok, but several press secretaries and a admin. assistant?:rolleyes:

One of them better know how to iron and to carry flowers! :lol:

PDilemma
06-15-2011, 07:44 PM
One of them better know how to iron and to carry flowers! :lol:

:lol: I would guess that the sorts of places they are staying will provide people to iron if necessary. And most modern pumps won't need polished. And I'm also guessing that Kate knows how to steam a dress herself if need be. It's quite refreshing that they don't see the need to have someone around to dress them! :D

That still leaves her to be overwhelmed by carrying flowers, though. Poor thing.

ETA: Nevertheless, perhaps we should be on the lookout for wrinkled skirts and scuffed shoes throughout the visit????

Stefanie
06-15-2011, 07:49 PM
That still leaves her to be overwhelmed by carrying flowers, though. Poor thing.

:lol: What a pity. There are worse problems to have though. ;)

Skittl1321
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
:lol: What a pity. There are worse problems to have though. ;)

Like how to manage to brush your teeth if there is no one to squeeze out the paste?

AragornElessar
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Day Two of Royal Ascot

HM The Queen (http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27679896.html?citemId=3225664-15)

Sophie Wessex (http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27679983.html?citemId=3225664-5)

Not the clearest picture thanks to that stupid watermark, you get the idea of what she was wearing.

Gallery at Isopix of Day Two (http://www.isopix.be/view_main.aspx?MODE=HP&PG=1&INIT=1&SRC=royal+ascot+day+two&DDLB_CATALOG=1)

BTW...Princess Anne is recyling an outfit she wore for the first time nearly 30 years ago. She did the same on Sunday for Prince Phillip's Birthday Thanksgiving Service, only that one wasn't as old, but still somewhere around maybe 15 years old/first time she wore it.

Kudos for her managing to be able to keep herself in such great shape. I am very much jealous. :)

Don't forget!! Tomorrow is Ladies Day at Ascot and who knows who might show up.

nerdycool
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually, the outfit Princess Anne wore for Prince Philip's Birthday Service was first seen at the Epsom Derby in 1985. So pretty much 30 years. Here's (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2011/06/prince-philips-90th-birthday-service-hrh-the-princess-royal/#comments) the outfit in question, and the link to the 1985 picture is in the comments.

Princess Anne is famous (or notorious depending on your view) for "recycling" her hats & outfits. It speaks volumes of her personality but also it shows just how in shape she still is. Not many can keep and still comfortably wear clothing they purchased more than 10 years ago. I, for one, don't mind her wearing things over and over again. It's silly and wasteful to have a closet full of clothing you only wore once, even if you have the $$$ to do so. I do, however, wish she'd get rid of some of her more dated outfits/hats. Or at least get a new hat to update them more. The outfit I linked to and the one from today aren't bad by themselves, but the hats really dragged them down IMO.

Latte
06-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh I love the light pick hat on HM. And under the white coat she has a light pink dress to match. That is my favorite hat I have ever seen on her. She looks lovely.
And she seems to smile a lot more than she use to. Seems like a very happy lady these days.:cool:

Parsley Sage
06-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Oh I love the light pick hat on HM. And under the white coat she has a light pink dress to match. That is my favorite hat I have ever seen on her. She looks lovely.
And she seems to smile a lot more than she use to. Seems like a very happy lady these days.:cool:

and a brooch with a 23.6 carat pink diamond in the centre of it.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/dressfortheoccasion/object.asp?exhibs=BPSO2006jewellery&item=18

nerdycool
06-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I really like the cupcake hat, too... I think it's the color. Not too dark, but not bubblegum either. And I also agree that she's looking really lovely. The past few years, IMO, especially so.

Maybe it's the fact that all her children are behaving themselves for once and her grandchildren aren't causing a ton of worry either. Also could be because this year is a year full of milestones... her 85th year of life, Philip's 90th, William's wedding, Zara's wedding, first great-grandchild. And next year she will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee (60 years on the throne) as well as being the "host" of the Olympics. And who knows what else will develop... another great-grandchild? Another wedding or engagement?

IceAlisa
06-17-2011, 01:20 AM
and a brooch with a 23.6 carat pink diamond in the centre of it.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/dressfortheoccasion/object.asp?exhibs=BPSO2006jewellery&item=18

Pretty.

barbk
06-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Actually, the outfit Princess Anne wore for Prince Philip's Birthday Service was first seen at the Epsom Derby in 1985. So pretty much 30 years. Here's (http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2011/06/prince-philips-90th-birthday-service-hrh-the-princess-royal/#comments) the outfit in question, and the link to the 1985 picture is in the comments.

Princess Anne is famous (or notorious depending on your view) for "recycling" her hats & outfits. It speaks volumes of her personality but also it shows just how in shape she still is. Not many can keep and still comfortably wear clothing they purchased more than 10 years ago.

I found the second comment quite apt: "She looks a bit like Mary Poppins vastly unpleasant sister, the little known Hermione Poppins.
One shudders at the thought that 'Nanny Chic' will be the next big thing."

AragornElessar
06-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Maybe it's the fact that all her children are behaving themselves for once and her grandchildren aren't causing a ton of worry either. Also could be because this year is a year full of milestones... her 85th year of life, Philip's 90th, William's wedding, Zara's wedding, first great-grandchild. And next year she will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee (60 years on the throne) as well as being the "host" of the Olympics. And who knows what else will develop... another great-grandchild? Another wedding or engagement?

I would not be at all surprised to learn w/in the next year that Princess Beatrice's engagement to Dave Scott is announced. They seem to be a pretty soild and together team and I think he's good for her too.

Now *that's* a Wedding that will be interesting thanks to all the Mother of the Bride has done over the years... :shuffle:

Carmen Ovsiannikov
06-17-2011, 02:56 AM
It would be funny if Fergie is banned from that wedding as well. :lol: Though I don't think the Queen is that heartless.

redonthehead
06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
It would be funny if Fergie is banned from that wedding as well. :lol: Though I don't think the Queen is that heartless.

No I think it would be very sad if she was banned from her daughter's weddings. She is their mother and by all reports she is a good one. Whatever else she's done, she loves her girls.