PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

IceAlisa
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
i'm throwing some blame at that awful eye liner which i'm convinced is tattooed on

Hmmm....she did wear it at her wedding (http://0.tqn.com/d/jewelry/1/0/t/-/1/Duchess-of-Cambridge-Jewelry.jpg). But she still looked great. The dress, the bling. :swoon:

PDilemma
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I wonder if her thought process about the eyeliner is that she is constantly being photographed from afar and filmed and it defines her eyes for that. Even so, it doesn't always look good in close-ups. But that may be what she's thinking.

It was much toned down in the "real life" grocery store shots, even though she had on make-up.

mkats
06-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Huh, I did not know Kate Middleton was a smoker.

AnnieD
06-14-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm 29 and have noticed wrinkles have started to form (I've never smoked at all, and while I was in the sun a lot as a kid, never fake tanned and wore sunscreen)...mine are at the "crows feet" area (smile lines) and between my eyebrows right above my nose (from squinting to see without glasses) - but now they don't go away when I'm not doing those things. I still get carded for R rated movies, so I don't think I look my age, but the wrinkles are setting in.

So I'd say Kate has a normal 29 year old face, though the fact that she is overly skinny may age her just a bit in close up. I wouldn't want to see my face close up though!

I'm exactly the same. I'm 29 and I'm relieved to hear someone else say it's normal for us to have a few wrinkles at our age. I have them between my eyes from squinting and a few on my forehead from the same thing. Other than that my skin is pretty good because I never see the sun (living in Scotland has its advantages). I definitely agree that losing the amount of weight that she has has made Kate look a wee bit older than she used to, but I don't think she looks OLD for her age by any means.

One of the reasons I'm absolutely loving Kate is that her sophisticated style is having such a good effect on clothes on the High Street. There's been a definite shift over the past few months to much prettier, elegant styles which look better on people my age rather than the more edgy stuff which only suits you if you're 18 and a size 6. Long may it continue as far as I'm concerned, I think she's fantastic!

IceAlisa
06-14-2011, 11:43 PM
The Dean of Westminster thinks William and Kate's marriage will last: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=90991

I'm exactly the same. I'm 29 and I'm relieved to hear someone else say it's normal for us to have a few wrinkles at our age. I have them between my eyes from squinting and a few on my forehead from the same thing. Actually the lines on the forehead and squint lines usually appear even before the age of 29. That's not what I was referring to with Kate. In fact, I can't see her squint lines or forehead wrinkles on either picture I posted. I could go into detail but figure it would bore people.

One of the reasons I'm absolutely loving Kate is that her sophisticated style is having such a good effect on clothes on the High Street. I agree. For the most part, Kate's selection have been elegant and flattering, not to mention sensible. I am still dying to own the dress she wore when she met the Obamas but alas...it's long sold out and I am not paying the eBay price.

allezfred
06-14-2011, 11:49 PM
edited to add...Getty Images ~ Royal Ascot 2011 Tuesday (http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-GB&family=editorial&assetType=image&ep=17&p=THE+ROYAL+ASCOT+2011#)

I almost didn't recognise Jeremy Kyle when he's not surrounded by chavs and paternity tests. :eek:

And Holly Valance is still famous enough to get photographed. Who knew? :lol:

Skittl1321
06-15-2011, 01:18 AM
One of the reasons I'm absolutely loving Kate is that her sophisticated style is having such a good effect on clothes on the High Street. There's been a definite shift over the past few months to much prettier, elegant styles which look better on people my age rather than the more edgy stuff which only suits you if you're 18 and a size 6. Long may it continue as far as I'm concerned, I think she's fantastic!

Okay, I finally need to ask- what does High Street mean?
When I hear it I think about expensive couture shops, but when it is in articles it seems to be "where the commoners shop". Is High Street amazing stuff, nice stuff, or low end stuff?

Can an American (or someone who knows the USA well) provide a comparison I would understand?

milanessa
06-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Okay, I finally need to ask- what does High Street mean?
When I hear it I think about expensive couture shops, but when it is in articles it seems to be "where the commoners shop". Is High Street amazing stuff, nice stuff, or low end stuff?

Can an American (or someone who knows the USA well) provide a comparison I would understand?

It's kind of like saying Main Street whether or not that's the actual name of it. There's a mixture of shops depending on the city but it's pretty much the hub of an area.

In a lot of small towns it's actually named High Street but the name has become a symbol.

IceAlisa
06-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Pippa is back on the market: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/confirmed-pippa-middleton-splits-with-beau-alex-loudon/65049

mag
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
William and Kate take a "small" entourage to Canada.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/royal-newlyweds-take-small-entourage-to-north-america/65103

I think she will find it difficult without a lady in waiting or dresser. The flowers she will receive on walk abouts alone are enough of a reason to have help. I remember Diana just being over come and flowers and having to pass them off to someone before she dropped them. I wonder who she expects will iron her clothes, polish her shoes etc when she is out all day at engagements? I'm all for cutting back, but I think these two need to be careful to maintain some the mystique of the Royalty. There is such a thing as being too common ... people will ask why we have them if they are just like us.

IceAlisa
06-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Well, I am sure Kate will be OK. Perhaps she has a personal assistant and not an official lady in waiting to do these things for her.

PDilemma
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
It says it will not include a "separate" dresser for her. That may mean that one person among the seven will be in charge of wardrobes for both her and William.

And since they do not have a "royal household" in Anglesey yet, she likely has no ladies in waiting. I would guess that among those seven people there will be assistants to handle the things mentioned here.

Stefanie
06-15-2011, 06:00 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind the job. To whom should I send my resume? ;)

milanessa
06-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind the job. To whom should I send my resume? ;)

Here you go - good luck. ;)

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/WorkingfortheRoyalHousehold/HowtoApply.aspx

MLIS
06-15-2011, 06:57 PM
According to a statement (http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/focus/a_statement_by_jamie_lowther_pinkerton_private_sec retary_to__947957553.html) from Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Prince William's private secretary, the entourage will be as follows:

•Me – as the Private Secretary
•Chris Kealey – as the Tour Coordinator
•Miguel Head – their Press Secretary
•Patrick Harrison – The Prince of Wales’s Press Secretary
•Sir David Manning – Sir David acts as an advisor to The Duke and Duchess and to Prince Harry.
•An administrative assistant, drawn from the Household Office.
•And a hairdresser – James Pryce – who will come along for The Duchess