PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fergus
05-25-2011, 03:16 PM
edited to add...In some of the pictures I've seen, Camilla's wearing the Royal Family Order. This is the first time I've ever seen her w/it. Does anyone know when it was given or is this it's first appearance?

It would help if you all had a picture to look at to see what I'm talking about. From Getty Images. (http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/114589775/Getty-Images-News)

Ya know, I'm watching it and thinking "Hmmm, Camilla's Family Order looks fab against the slate-blue gown......"

According to Wikipedia, she got it October 30, 2007. :)

mag
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Would someone please post a link to a picture of the Duchess of Cambridge at the dinner?

I can't find one anywhere.

On the subject of the Cambridge Lover's Knot, I doubt we will see that one for a while. It is very much associated with Diana I would be shocked if someone else wore it.

Fergus
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Would someone please post a link to a picture of the Duchess of Cambridge at the dinner?

I can't find one anywhere.

According to what I found online, William & Catherine did not stay for the State Dinner. :(

Anyone have a guess as to what the Cambridge's official reception will be when they visit Canada? Although its not a State Visit, is it possible we might at least see one fancy dinner with some bling on Catherine? ;)

I wonder how long it will be until Catherine receives HMQ's Family Order. My guess is right before or after HMQ's Diamond Jubilee. :watch: Won't that just chap Princess Michael's ass! :lol:

nerdycool
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Nah, she's probably accepted the fact that if she hasn't received one by now, she likely never will, unless Charles decides to bestow one when he comes to the throne.

Fergus
05-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Photo of the Obama's dinner for HMQ! (http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cqBbuPb84a2e?__site=daylife&q=queen+elizabeth+II)

skatesindreams
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
The First Lady looks amazing.
Who designed her gown?

liv
05-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Those pix of Bea at the flower shower are wonderful. that is the kind of dress i would have liked to have seen her wear at the wedding.

Kate continues to wear nice simple outfits. i like her style and find that in my closet i have things very similar to hers... even if hers are far more expensive, lol.

redonthehead
05-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I wonder how long it will be until Catherine receives HMQ's Family Order. My guess is right before or after HMQ's Diamond Jubilee. :watch: Won't that just chap Princess Michael's ass! :lol:

What is HMQ's Family Order?

AragornElessar
05-26-2011, 01:36 AM
HM's Family Order are the minature painting/portraits on a Yellow Silk Bow you see Female Members of the Royal Family wearing at Formal Occasions/State Dinners. It is at the Monarch's discretion when and even if it's given. If you go back to the last page and click on the link in my second to last post there to the picture of the Head Table of last night's State Dinner, you'll see it on Camilla's left shoulder.

The Swedish and Norwegian RFs have them as well.

Is it true that Princess Michael doesn't have one? And there's Sophie w/not only that, but also in the last year and bit being made a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order for Service to the Monarchy. That can't have gone over well. ;)

I would be shocked if there was no State Dinner for the Cambridges visit and I have a feeling Catherine will be given the Royal Family Order far sooner than the Diamond Jubliee.

Fergus
05-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Is it true that Princess Michael doesn't have one? And there's Sophie w/not only that, but also in the last year and bit being made a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order for Service to the Monarchy. That can't have gone over well. ;)

According to Wikipedia, the ladies with HMQ's Family Order (and still living!) are as follows:

HRH The Princess Royal
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Countess of Wessex
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
HRH The Duchess of Kent
HRH Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy
Ann Fortune FitzRoy, Dowager Duchess of Grafton (HMQ's Mistress of the Robes)

HMQ adores Sophie and, IMHO, probably doesn't have the same adoration for Princess Michael! :lol: (Well, who would? She's simply :yikes:)

nerdycool
05-26-2011, 01:56 AM
And a little factoid: besides the Queen, only Princess Alexandra has more than one family order. The Queen wears 2... one for her grandfather King George V (light blue ribbon) and one for her father King George VI (pink ribbon). Princess Alexandra wears one for George VI and one for Elizabeth II.

nerdycool
05-26-2011, 02:34 AM
For those asking about Helena Bonham Carter, the only picture I've run across so far is one where she's in the car, so you can't see her whole outfit. But what you can see doesn't look trainwreckish at all... in fact, I'm quite impressed with the appropriateness.

Pictures (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390540/Obama-UK-state-visit-Queen-Elizabeth-treats-President-Tom-hanks-banquet.html) (scroll down for HBC)

And about 26 seconds in this video (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13534533), she is shown wearing glasses and scanning a program.

IceAlisa
05-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Why don't the Obamas get briefed on the protocol? At least it wasn't as bad as the first time when Michelle manhandled the Queen and presented her with an iPod. This time they are keeping their hands to themselves and gave what sounds like thoughtful gifts.

The toast gaffe was another example of Obama's staff dropping the ball.

Fergus
05-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Pictures (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390540/Obama-UK-state-visit-Queen-Elizabeth-treats-President-Tom-hanks-banquet.html) (scroll down for HBC)

And about 26 seconds in this video (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13534533), she is shown wearing glasses and scanning a program.

Good huntin'!!! :respec:

Marina Johnson in a knee length skirt? At a white tie State Dinner? Hmmm. :huh:

milanessa
05-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Why don't the Obamas get briefed on the protocol? At least it wasn't as bad as the first time when Michelle manhandled the Queen and presented her with an iPod. This time they are keeping their hands to themselves and gave what sounds like thoughtful gifts.

The toast gaffe was another example of Obama's staff dropping the ball.

:rolleyes: