PDA

View Full Version : Japanese skater/skating news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

aemeraldrainc
08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Oda who underwent knee surgery in May and is attending the camp. He told the press that he is "training carefully to avoid further injuries and will gradually gearing up" His programs were already completed by early June. Both (SP and FS) are "swinging, jazzy tunes" He wrapped up the press conference "I'm aiming for a medal and a win"

Anybody know to what exactly he's skating to?
I really do hope he does really well this season. I hope he's able to pace himself and peak at the right time. He seems like such a sweetheart and down to earth; I want to see him do well.
And please, please let him prepare so he doesnt repeat the same mistakes!!! I'm so keeping my fingers crossed.

MINAM
08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
I may need to clarify, just in case, that the earthquake messed up the skater's schedules. Hence, the programs not ready, etc.

Hedwig
08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
I hope Mao gets some rest. :( she looked so exhausted and thin at Worlds and was cited saying that she hadnt been able to eat properly after the eartquake. :(
All the best to her.

Ziggy
08-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Tarasova and Zueva for Murakami, great. What a killer combo... :scream:

Akira Andrea
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
This is an article in “Nikkan Sports” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
Kanako declared “the adult woman”.
August 4th, 2011 JST

The photo:
Photography: by Masaaki Maeoka
Kanako Murakami who is showing the refreshing smiling face after the practice.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/photonews_nsInc_p-sp-tp0-20110804-815264.html

In Toyota city in Aichi prefecture in August 3rd, Japan Skating Federation released the training camp of the players who participate to Grand Prix series which is opened in October.

16 years old Kanako is an adult woman!
Kanako Murakami (Chukyo University Chukyo High School) selected Mendelssohn’s “Violin Concerto” as the music of the free skating of this season.
With the music which Ando used for the free skating in 2007, she was intent on it with the refreshing smiling face, saying, “I performed the adult role in last year, but I would like to perform the real adult in this year. I would like to express the adult-like”.

For mastering the choreography, she had been to US twice from May and seems to have felt the effect, saying "I was confused for foreign lesson of the first time, but I learned how to use the body, expression of the face, etc".

The article:
Kanako declared “the adult woman”.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20110804-815264.html

dinakt
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
((((Mao)))).
Hope she gets her health completely back to normal soon.
A close friend of mine lived through the Istanbul earthquake some years ago and she said that for at least a year she was afraid to fall asleep, and developed constant insomnia and horrible migraines. The effects of emotional stress can be very long- lasting, hope Mao takes it easy and does not put pressure on herself.

Akira Andrea
08-05-2011, 04:32 PM
((((Mao)))).
Hope she gets her health completely back to normal soon.
A close friend of mine lived through the Istanbul earthquake some years ago and she said that for at least a year she was afraid to fall asleep, and developed constant insomnia and horrible migraines. The effects of emotional stress can be very long- lasting, hope Mao takes it easy and does not put pressure on herself.
Don't worry.
Surely, she recovers soon.
I think that the cause of her poor health is not in mental aspect but merely fatigue by the tour etc.

I think that Mao Asada did not feel directly the uneasiness or the fear from the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster itself because her city was about 850km away from the earthquake center in March 11th.
In March 11th, I experienced the said disaster in my city which was about 500km away from the earthquake center.
In that time, I felt that the earthquake was most big one which I had experienced so far, but I did never feel directly the uneasiness or the fear from that earthquake. Her city is about 350km away from my city moreover.

dinakt
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Akira Andrea,
Thanks, and I hope you are right!

Akira Andrea
08-14-2011, 08:31 AM
This is an article in “Mainichi Shinbun” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.

The photo:
Photography: By Tadakazu Nakamura
Miki Ando who is showing the soft and gentle performance. (In Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture in August 13th)
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/images/20110814k0000m050015000p_size5.jpg

By Tadakazu Nakamura
In August 13th, Miki Ando who won the championship in the Worlds of April participated to the ice show "Prince Ice Worlds 2011" which was held in Okazaki city in Aichi prefecture. It was her first ice show in her hometown Aichi prefecture after winning the championship in the Worlds. As for two stages in the ice show in this day, the audience of 4,800 in total visited.

Miki Ando who wore the costume in snow white showed the splendid jump and the soft and gentle performance, while skating to the music “A Thousand Winds” which is the English version of “Sen no Kaze ni Natte”.
Her pose which joins her hands in prayer after opening her arms widely attracted the audience.

In the ending of the ice show, there was a performance which she with smiling face knock the Worlds silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka out with hitting with a boxing glove, too. The audience, too, had been knocked out by Miki's smiling face which looks attractive on the ice.

The article
Miki Ando showed the splendid performance in an ice show in her hometown, Aichi prefecture.
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/20110814k0000m040083000c.html

Roxanne
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110815&content_id=23238502&vkey=ice_news

Bryna Oi has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani and they are planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.

Sylvia
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Bryna Oi has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani and they are planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.
Thanks -- here's the relevant excerpt:

Bryna Oi and Mark Jahnke, who finished in fifth place in the novice division at the 2011 U.S. championships, have each found a new partner for the coming season. Oi, who is Curran Oi's sister, has teamed up with Taiyo Mizutani. The team is training in Ann Arbor with Yasa Nechaeva and Yuri Chesnichenko and planning to compete as seniors in Japan this season.

"We're both really excited to start training!" Oi told us. "We found each other through icepartnersearch.com. Taiyo is learning English, and I'm planning to take a Japanese class this year. My dad is Japanese by descent, but he was born in the U.S."
Taiyo Mizutani finished 2nd in Senior Dance to the Reeds with his former partner, Emi Hirai, at 2010 and 2011 Japan Nationals.

NMURA
08-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Popular Athletes in Japan
An opinion research by Chuo Chosasha, published on August 16th

1 Ichiro Suzuki (MLB, Seattle Mariners)
2 Ryo Ishikawa (golfer)
3 Yuto Nagatomo (footballer, Inter Milan)
4 Hakuho (Sumo wrestler)
5 Shigeo Nagashima (legendary pro baseball player/manager)
6 Mao Asada (figure skater)
7 Sadaharu Oh (legendary pro baseball player/manager)
8 Kaio (Sumo wrestler)
9 Hideki Matsui (MLB, Oakland Athletics)
10 Homare Sawa (woman footballer)
11 Masahiro Tanaka (professional baseball player)
12 Ai Miyazato (golfer)
12 Kimiko Date (tennis player)
14 Yu Darvish (professional baseball player)
14 Makoto Hasebe (footballer)
14 Keisuke Honda (footballer)

One year ago, Asada was the 2nd and Takahashi was the 7th. Ando is nowhere near the top 15. Sawa made a big breakthrough obviously.

Amy03
08-17-2011, 12:56 AM
well it's not surprising that Mao has dropped down a bit compared to last season, seeing the hard and disappointing season she is coming from, since usually those list reflect on the success of the athletes... but Mao having such a high placement considering the hardships she has been through and having her worst season to date shows how popular she is and remains even after having had a terrible season (compared to her usual standards...)

Vash01
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I just found this performance by Yuki Nishino, and really liked her flow, extensions. How old is she? Is she eligible to compete at worlds in 2012? She could have a bright future if she is able to do the difficult jumps. This one was an exhibition, so it's hard to tell, but her jumps seemed smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerSrvZq4wA&feature=related

Sylvia
08-21-2011, 06:35 PM
I just found this performance by Yuki Nishino, and really liked her flow, extensions. How old is she? Is she eligible to compete at worlds in 2012?
Here is Yuki Nishino's ISU bio (she will turn 18 in September): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010547.htm
I believe she may be back on the JGP this fall (she's currently listed among the alternates) and has competed previously in a Senior B (4th at 2009 Ondrej Nepela Memorial).

ETA: Nishino's ISU bio doesn't include her 2011 Senior Nationals placement -- 6th -- behind Ando, Asada, Murakami, Suzuki, and Risa Shoji.