PDA

View Full Version : Japanese skater/skating news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

timmybopper
07-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Reposting my post from another thread because it's much more fitting here.

Takahashi/Tran have presented what looks like their new SP at the Dreams on Ice exhibition. You can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBka3JurQm0

It's simply amazing. :)

Once again, fantastic work by Julie Marcotte (I don't understand why she isn't used more by other Pairs).

All elements are connected very well, the program flows beautifully, there is a lot of creative and original movements and strong transitions.

The dance lift into a low shoot-the-duck into death spiral at the end really floored me. Ina bauer dance lift into the pair lift was great too.

If PCS were judged according to the criteria, with no bias, they should be second only to S/S on some of the marks.

It looks like they are upping up the ante on the jumps too.

Last season they did 2axels and 3salchows as their side-by-side jumps. But in this performance, they went for sbs 3toes.

Also, they did a throw 2lutz, which I imagine is going to be a triple in competition.

In the past, they used to do throw 3toe and throw 3salchow so a throw 3lutz would be a big step up.

Shame that they aren't able to go to Olympics but I hope they have a long and successful career in front of them.

The progress they have made, from being bottom of the pile to Junior World medallists and top 10 at Worlds, is just incredible. :)

Wow this was beautiful! So much potential! Confused though: why can't they go to the Olympics??

Roxanne
07-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Wow this was beautiful! So much potential! Confused though: why can't they go to the Olympics??

Because Tran is not a Japanese citizen.

jl22aries
07-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Reposting my post from another thread because it's much more fitting here.

Takahashi/Tran have presented what looks like their new SP at the Dreams on Ice exhibition. You can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBka3JurQm0

I've never been particularly attentive of this pair, and I am really glad I checked out this link. She in particular has an incredibly special quality, I love her carriage and extension!

sunnydays
07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Kozuka's grandfather passed away. R.I.P.

Ziggy
07-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Because Tran is not a Japanese citizen.

And it's extremely hard to obtain Japanese citizenship and even if Tran could do so, he'd have to give up his Canadian one, which I am sure he would never consider.

I've never been particularly attentive of this pair, and I am really glad I checked out this link. She in particular has an incredibly special quality, I love her carriage and extension!

And to think they used to be low level skaters. In their first season, they looked rather :yikes:.

Gauthier and Marcotte are a dream team. :)

NMURA
07-31-2011, 02:27 PM
JPN National Teams 2011-2012 (http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/national/national_list.php?sports_id=2) updated

There are some differences from the announcement in April. Unfortunately, no new pair and dance teams are added (at this point).

sandra_persch
07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
My Japanese is non existing. would anyone mind spelling out the changes in English :D

NMURA
07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Suzuki and Imai were demoted to "A" in the April version but they are brought back to "Special" afterall.

Men "Special"
Kozuka Takahiko
Oda Nobunari
Takahashi Daisuke
Hanyu Yuzuru

Ladies "Special"
Ando Miki
Asada Mao
Murakami Kanako
Suzuki Akiko (new)
Imai Haruka (new)

Men A
Mura Takahito
Machida Tatsuki
Murakami Daisuke
Nakamura Kento
Kihara Ryuichi
Hino Ryuju
Tanaka Keiji

Ladies A
Shoji Risa
Nishino Yuki
Suguri Fumie
Tomotaki Kako
Oba Miyabi

Men B
Uno Shoma
Tsuboi Yoji
Itai Fumiya
Kawahara Sei
Suzuki Jun
Sasaki Akio
Nakamura Shu (new)
Ichihashi Shoya (new)

Ladies B
Ishikawa Shoko
Muramoto Kana
Goto Ayumi
Miyahara Satoko
Ueno Saya
Oshikawa Roanna Sari
Suzuki Haruna
Kato Riona
Nitaya Rin
Isobe Hinano
Kawakami Saki
Kemanai Karen
Kono Yuka
Suzuki Mari
Kokubun Shion
Takayama Mutsumi
Fujisawa Yukiko
Sato Miu
Yasuhara Ayana (new)
Takeda Nana
Matsuno Mayako (novice)

Ice Dance Special
Cathy Reed/Chris Reed

Pair Special
Takahashi Narumi/Mervin Tran

Ziggy
08-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Can't believe Suguri hasn't retired. :D :cheer:

Suguri for gold in Sochi! :cheer2:

ioana
08-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Suzuki and Imai were demoted to "A" in the April version but they are brought back to "Special" afterall.

Whee! I wonder if this has anything to do with Miki's officially anouncing she's skipping the GP. Either way, it's good to know Akiko is back on their 'premiership' team :D.

TAHbKA
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Can't believe Suguri hasn't retired. :D :cheer:

Suguri for gold in Sochi! :cheer2:

Challenging Gimazetdinova

Ziggy
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Challenging Gimazetdinova

Gimzo's doing shows now. :(

At least we have Suguri to fly the granny flag. :hat1:

Athena
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Ice Dance Special
Cathy Reed/Chris Reed

Pair Special
Takahashi Narumi/Mervin Tran

Team Japan only has one ice dance and one pair team? (since I don't see any name in dance/pair A and B) :eek:

Aren't they guaranteed to win National Champion every year no matter what?! :lol:

Eris
08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Last year there were two ice dance teams at Nationals.:cool: http://img.pixs.ru/storage/1/6/5/_8721646_1425165.jpg
And yes, one pair, Narumi and Mervin.:swoon:

Sylvia
08-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Last year there were two ice dance teams at Nationals.:cool: http://img.pixs.ru/storage/1/6/5/_8721646_1425165.jpg

The silver medalist team on the left, Emi HIRAI / Taiyo MIZUTANI, have since split - she's listed on icepartnersearch.com.

The Junior national champion team of Misato KOMATSUBARA / Kokoro MIZUTANI (14th in the preliminary round at Junior Worlds -- link to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012476.htm ) have also split -- she's listed on icepartnersearch.

ETA what I posted in this thread early June:

Three Japanese ice dancers are recent additions to icepartnersearch.com -- Taiyo Mizutani, age 22, his former partner at the Senior level Emi Hirai, 24 (who lists Muriel Zazoui as her coach in her icepartnersearch bio), and Misato Komatsubara, 18, who competed at 2011 Junior Worlds with her former partner, Kokoro Mizutani (he's now 21 and aged out of juniors). K. Mizutani is the only one not currently listed on icepartnersearch.
Taiyo Mizutani has since removed his bio from IPS so perhaps he has found a partner?