PDA

View Full Version : Japanese skater/skating news & updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Doubletoe
05-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Well, from post-worlds stuff I've seen, it still appears like Mao gets more coverage than Miki, so I'm guessing people there are understanding of her situation considering her rocky season. There were also several reports about her poor condition at Worlds citing considerable weight loss since the Earthquake. She did look very frail at Worlds.

I noticed how thin Mao looked at Worlds, too, and wondered if it was due to the stress of living and training in Japan after the earthquake. Does anyone have any links to interviews or information about Mao's training leading up to Worlds? Sorry if it's already been posted and I just missed it. . .

Montefalco
05-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Is there a news article in Japanese or English that confirms when Daisuke Takahashi is scheduled to have surgery to remove the screw from his knee? I've only come across a mention in this Universal Sports 4/30 blog after the Men's FS (http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=531667.html):

Probably this week. It's not officially confirmed, though.

bibi24
05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Dai has skated his last performance of the season, he's going into surgery,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkRmF6V7XE

Also nice (surprise) visit of Dai & Shizuka to Sendai ice-show,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaiIAVkSpw#t=5m20s

NMURA
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Dreams on Ice 2011 (http://www.onice.jp/)
June 24-26, Yokohama

Men
Oda
Hanyu
Mura
Tanaka
Nakamura
Kihara

Ladies
Murakami
Suzuki
Suguri
Imai
Shoji
Oba
Nishino

Pairs

Dance

Guests
Lambiel
Volosozhar/Trankov
Pechalat/Bourzat

Takashi had a bolt removing surgery. Kozuka and Asada are out due to IMG's marketing tactics (to raise the value of THE ICE). Ando is in Russia, not sure what Morozov is planning for the next season.

Eris
05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Dreams on Ice 2011 (http://www.onice.jp/)
June 24-26, Yokohama

Pairs

Dance

No Takahashi/Tran and the Reeds? :(

upd. I opened the link.:D Yay, they're scheduled!

aemeraldrainc
05-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, if Oda has to deal with an injury, I guess this is best time for it. Glad to hear he'll probably back 100% very soon.

This.
I really hope this season coming up is his season. He's running out of time. And he seems sooo sweet and down to earth.
Anyone have any recent pics of him? Or his wedding maybe?

Kelvster
05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
is akiko suzuki retiring?

we all know that suguri isn't ...:rollin:

midori
05-20-2011, 03:36 AM
is akiko suzuki retiring?

Why is she?

According to her blog, Akiko is now in US for choreographing and training.

skfan
05-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Why is she?

According to her blog, Akiko is now in US for choreographing and training.

camerlengo is doing her program? i'm just guessing, because didn't he do her tango short from last season?

i'd really like to see akiko have a great year :)

pinky166
05-20-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Risa Shoji next season, she was such a lovely addition this season, her skating is so elegant and she definitely gives me Shizuka vibes. I think this girl could really go places if she survives puberty and works on consistently rotating her jumps, at 14 she has all the other bases covered already and the judges seem to like her skating too, judging from her PCS marks.

midori
05-20-2011, 04:00 AM
camerlengo is doing her program? i'm just guessing, because didn't he do her tango short from last season?

Her Tango SP was by Kenji Miyamoto but her FS (Fiddler on the Roof) was done by Camerlengo. The fiddler program was very charming!

i'd really like to see akiko have a great year :)
ITA!

Kelvster
05-20-2011, 05:24 AM
akiko's fiddler on the roof programme was just wonderful. call me old school, but i just love the music / choreography / everything .... pls update us if you know what akiko's skating to next season!!!

also call me :EVILLE:, but i am not all that sure about murakami's potential. she has got good speed across the ice, but a few things will hurt her ... 1) really awful technique on the flip and 2) terrible flutz. plus, she can't rely on that "I'm so cute" look soon ..... :EVILLE:. The third spot on the world team (assuming Miki ando continues to compete) belongs to AKIKO. :rollin:

skfan
05-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Her Tango SP was by Kenji Miyamoto but her FS (Fiddler on the Roof) was done by Camerlengo. The fiddler program was very charming!

ah, thank you. she sure has great taste in music and choreography :)

i also don't want akiko to be overlooked in favor of the new generation--they aren't quite ready yet, presentation wise, IMO, though risa shoji is definitely one to watch.

tell you what, japan can have the non-nagasu worlds spot from the USA ;p

(just kidding, fellow americans, put down your pitchforks)

Ozzisk8tr
05-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Well, if Oda has to deal with an injury, I guess this is best time for it. Glad to hear he'll probably back 100% very soon.

Maybe Oda can go to math class whilst he is injured.

Jammers
05-20-2011, 06:48 AM
akiko's fiddler on the roof programme was just wonderful. call me old school, but i just love the music / choreography / everything .... pls update us if you know what akiko's skating to next season!!!

also call me :EVILLE:, but i am not all that sure about murakami's potential. she has got good speed across the ice, but a few things will hurt her ... 1) really awful technique on the flip and 2) terrible flutz. plus, she can't rely on that "I'm so cute" look soon ..... :EVILLE:. The third spot on the world team (assuming Miki ando continues to compete) belongs to AKIKO. :rollin:

Akiko is almost 27 now and is near the end of her career. It will be hard for her to hold off the younger Japanese girls.