PDA

View Full Version : NY Ballet fans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

IceAlisa
06-09-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm going to see Vishneva in Anna Karenina in NY in July! I'm so excited!

Lucky you! Come back and tell us all about it. :)

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Anyone going to see "Bright Stream" on Friday?
Let me know if you want to meet up. :)

LadyNit
06-10-2011, 03:03 AM
non-NY ballet freak here. Going to Pacific NW Ballet's new production of Giselle on Saturday. :inavoid: And Carla Korbes is dancing for us. :biggrinbo I've seen so many Giselles. Can't wait to see her's.

emason
06-10-2011, 04:33 AM
non-NY ballet freak here. Going to Pacific NW Ballet's new production of Giselle on Saturday. :inavoid: And Carla Korbes is dancing for us. :biggrinbo I've seen so many Giselles. Can't wait to see her's.

The NY Times review of this made me want to get on the next plane out there and beg for a ticket.

I went to Cuban Ballet's excerpts evening at BAM tonight. I'll post a review when the heat here reaches reasonable and I can actually think straight.

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm hoping all the Cuban men will sneak out tonight and knock on Kevin's door. :lol:
Is anyone seeing RDB this week?
I am attending on Friday and Saturday evening. Meetup, anyone?
Also, if anyone is attending Jose's farewell and wants to do dinner with me, say the word. Cuban food, of course. And mojitos.

emason
06-10-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm hoping all the Cuban men will sneak out tonight and knock on Kevin's door. :lol:
Is anyone seeing RDB this week?
I am attending on Friday and Saturday evening. Meetup, anyone?
Also, if anyone is attending Jose's farewell and wants to do dinner with me, say the word. Cuban food, of course. And mojitos.

Saturday night for RDB. I'm going with friends but sitting in a totally different location and having dinner with them first, so maybe you and I can find each other at intermission for a chat. I'm up in the second ring somewhere.

I know what you mean about wanting the men to sneak out and knock on Kevin's door, but I had a revelation tonight. I've seen too much ABT lately and not enough anyone else and suddenly ABT looks very stale to me.

I'm interested in your review of Bright Stream because I'm going on Tuesday.

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 02:24 PM
After seeing NBC, I have a feeling that ABT is going to pale in comparison, so it's probably a good thing that I'm seeing something lightweight tonight.

I am in the second ring sides at the Koch next Friday and Saturday, so meeting up will be a breeze. :)

Has anyone ever gone to Midsummer Night's Swing, btw?
There's a group of us at work who go out together on a regular basis, and every year we say we will try this. But we can never agree on the date or the music. This year I said the hell with it, and decided to go on my own. If anyone is attending anything at Lincoln Center on July 7th, you can give yourself a good laugh by cruising past the dance floor and looking for me. :lol:

emason
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
After seeing NBC, I have a feeling that ABT is going to pale in comparison, so it's probably a good thing that I'm seeing something lightweight tonight.

I am in the second ring sides at the Koch next Friday and Saturday, so meeting up will be a breeze. :)

Has anyone ever gone to Midsummer Night's Swing, btw?
There's a group of us at work who go out together on a regular basis, and every year we say we will try this. But we can never agree on the date or the music. This year I said the hell with it, and decided to go on my own. If anyone is attending anything at Lincoln Center on July 7th, you can give yourself a good laugh by cruising past the dance floor and looking for me. :lol:

Go, Marge. I'll see you at RDB.

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
ABT has a photo tribute for Jose on their website:

http://www.abt.org/gallery/detail.asp?Gallery_ID=86

Jose as Acteon = :swoon:

emason
06-10-2011, 04:17 PM
ABT has a photo tribute for Jose on their website:

http://www.abt.org/gallery/detail.asp?Gallery_ID=86

Jose as Acteon = :swoon:

I wouldn't kick the Apollo out of bed either. Thanks for posting.

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Magnolia Bakery has created a swan cupcake for ABT. They are also having a contest to win Swan Lake tickets:

http://www.magnoliabakery.com/news.php

IceAlisa
06-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I want one!

Marge_Simpson
06-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I will eat one in your honor. :P

Marge_Simpson
06-11-2011, 05:11 AM
"The Bright Stream" is a hoot. Go see it!
There is a dog. And a cow. And a man in drag.
I laughed until I cried.

beepbeep
06-11-2011, 05:26 AM
"The Bright Stream" is a hoot. Go see it!
There is a dog. And a cow. And a man in drag.
I laughed until I cried,

Ballet review + FSU snark: what's not to love?
:)

I'm loving the reviews!!
Please keep them coming (pretty please...). I can't go watch anything, so I'm living vicarioulsy through them.

My biggest ballet accomplishment this week was getting my hands on three different versions of La Bayadère (obsessed, much? :D ), including the '90s Royal Ballet one.