PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pinky166
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I highly doubt Josh is 6'2". When seeing him next to Ashley, I figured he might even be a bit under 6'. Plus Ashley is still only 15, just shy of 16. Skaters are often still growing at that point. Regardless of whether she still grows, unless the guy is approaching Simon Shnapir height (well over 6'), a girl at 5'5"+ is usually not going to skate pairs long term. Then again, while long and lanky may not be conducive to doing pairs, this doesn't mean tall girls can't and haven't tried. Right now, Ashley and Josh seem to be doing well with what they have and are enjoying themselves, so there's no sense in "worrying". She also does singles, so at least she has that if she ends up dropping pairs down the road.

He's probably 6'2", aren't those listings usually accurate? Ashley is probably the one whose listed height (5'5") is not accurate, because as you mentioned she's only 15 and is probably still growing/has grown substantially this season. In any event, they don't seem to have issues for the time being. Also, isn't Wesley Campbell looking to go into pairs? I think he's around 6'4", and actually around this height. Someone to think about if she outgrows Josh. David Leenan and Morgan Sowa also just split, I don't know how tall David is, but he must be pretty tall to have been paired with Morgan who is 5'6" or taller now. There are enough tall guys out there.

Sylvia
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
In general, I don't trust any skater height listings. ;)

I believe Wesley Campbell is planning to focus on his singles this season (he's a clockwise rotator, BTW) -- from Sarah/Drew's May 19th "Inside Edge" blog on IN:

He and Joci Sierra have decided not to pursue their pairs partnership -- she broke her foot and was off the ice for several months. They didn't feel there would be time to be ready for summer and fall competitions. He is continuing with singles and plans to compete at Liberty.

"I adore Joci and wish nothing but the best for her future," Campbell said.

David Leenen is no longer listed on icepartnersearch and I've heard that he may be starting medical school this fall -- good luck to him! :respec:

ETA:

Any word on Michael Chau? I see where he is still listed on IcePartnerSearch, but haven't heard anything about him in a while. Is he still actively looking to skate pairs?
I've now been informed that Michael Chau is going to focus on his singles this season (he competed in the Senior men's event last season at Eastern Sectionals).

I certainly got the impression that their [Tanovich/Chau's] intention was to try to skate a JGP season, but I think Chau's shoulder injury forced the issue. They're one of those teams that makes me wish we gave Team USA jackets to the enveloped skaters [which we used to do], not just those assigned internationally.
I definitely agree, SIGH.

chipso1
06-03-2011, 12:18 AM
I highly doubt Josh is 6'2". When seeing him next to Ashley, I figured he might even be a bit under 6'. Plus Ashley is still only 15, just shy of 16. Skaters are often still growing at that point. Regardless of whether she still grows, unless the guy is approaching Simon Shnapir height (well over 6'), a girl at 5'5"+ is usually not going to skate pairs long term. Then again, while long and lanky may not be conducive to doing pairs, this doesn't mean tall girls can't and haven't tried. Right now, Ashley and Josh seem to be doing well with what they have and are enjoying themselves, so there's no sense in "worrying". She also does singles, so at least she has that if she ends up dropping pairs down the road.

I agree on all counts. I'm glad they've stuck together this long! :cool:

And pinky, Josh is most definitely not 6'2". When I saw them in Spokane he was pretty close to my height (5'11").

Jayar
06-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Nobody has answered the question of what happened to Tracey Tanovitch...

Stephanie
06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Nobody has answered the question of what happened to Tracey Tanovitch...

She competed in novice singles at South Atlantics last fall but placed 5th so didn't advance to sectionals.

Lynny
06-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I heard that Mozer is injured and is supposed to be off for a few months-facial fractures. I think it is unlikely they will be at Indy.

Excited to see the new pairing of Zhang/ Bartholomay!

Cheylana
06-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I heard that Mozer is injured and is supposed to be off for a few months-facial fractures. I think it is unlikely they will be at Indy.

Facial fractures? :eek: :(

skatemommy
06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Danny O'Shea is listed as competing Senior Men's at Liberty. Is he going to compete singles and pairs all season?

Jenna
06-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Excited to see the new pairing of Zhang/ Bartholomay!

:( This is horrible news. Last fall she was very ill at Sectionals so she did poorly there. This injury sounds very scary.

HSGP21
06-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Tara Lipinski: @EvanLysacek Happy Birthday! Good things are about to happen..I mean ..thats what they told us ;) (better be) I have a good feeling
4 Jun

^Re-instating and going for gold in pairs... given all the splits, they would probably do pretty well with absolutely no pairs experience for either.

Cheylana
06-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Lipinski & Lysacek for 2014 OGM...... me likey! :smokin:

olympic
06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79146&page=2

M/B and D/C skated in Skate for Hope on 6/18. According to Garden Kitty [hope I got the right poster], M/B did SBS 3toes and would appear to have been clean. D/C did 3twists and a throw 3loop which she fell on, but repeated and landed it. Some awkward moments for Denney

Pulaski73
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered to compete this weekend at the Broadmoor open are the following junior teams:

Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage N1
Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton J7
Olivia Oltmans/Joshua Santillan J11
Haven Denney/Bradon Frazier New Team
Britney Simpson/Matthew Blackmer New Team

Anyone seen any practice ice or any :sekret: have any reports?

Sylvia
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I expect there will be reports -- at least from those watching the webcast -- posted in the Broadmoor Open thread (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79168) in the Kiss and Cry forum (open to all non-subscribers until July 1st). BTW, Denney/Frazier are technically not a new team. ;)

2 Junior pairs are registered to compte in the Southern California Interclub competition this weekend: Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu (J8 at 2011 Nationals) & AnnaMarie Pearce/Craig Norris (N9).

Jayar
06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage N1

She is :swoon: