PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

Rochelle
04-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Do we know what this means for Andrea Poapst's future? Is she still searching for a partner (listed on ice partner search, etc.)? Back to Canada for pairs or singles? Done skating? Or undecided? Injured?

I really enjoy her presence on the ice...

stjeaskategym
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
U.S. Figure Skating must be excited by the new pairings and overall promising potential of many of the U.S. pairs teams.

To me, the return of National Pairs Camp is more like, "Hey, pairs still exists in this country, we swear!" :lol:

I mean, all these splits and other disappearances every year are usually understandable, but it's still comical to see 6 Sr pairs left from Nationals. The only thing left to do is try to encourage development of more pairs at all levels, but it really is a complicated/unstable/crazy discipline isn't it.

carriemarie
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I can say with 100% certainty that Mark Ladwig and Lindsay Davis have officially paired up. Tryout was last week and now they are skating together. Look for an official announcement soon.

julieann
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I can say with 100% certainty that Mark Ladwig and Lindsay Davis have officially paired up. Tryout was last week and now they are skating together. Look for an official announcement soon.

She is so tiny, they might look very nice together and if I remember she lands her jumps nicely! :D Hopefully we will hear soon.

olympic
04-26-2012, 10:42 PM
She is so tiny, they might look very nice together and if I remember she lands her jumps nicely! :D Hopefully we will hear soon.

Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. Then again, I do remember them going for SBS 3loops and being marginally successful.

If they announce they are a pair, will they be eligible for competitions this coming season???

2sk8
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. ...

I had the same thought - and I wouldn't really say she's "tiny", just short. Still, this pairing was a logical choice for them both.

olympic
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I had the same thought - and I wouldn't really say she's "tiny", just short. Still, this pairing was a logical choice for them both.

Is Lindsay shorter than Amanda?

julieann
04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Really? I always thought of Themi as the stronger jumper of the pair. Then again, I do remember them going for SBS 3loops and being marginally successful.

If they announce they are a pair, will they be eligible for competitions this coming season???

I don't remember her falling a lot :confused:

Is Lindsay shorter than Amanda?

I though she was around 5 feet, I should have said short not tiny, to me that's tiny. :D

sammyf
04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Lindsay is the 2010 junior ladies bronze medalist. She's a good jumper landing 3T, 3S, 3L, 2A-2A. That is great for pairs. http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2010/64740/results.html

carriemarie
04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
She is a good jumper. She is about the same height as Amanda, but weighs (in my estimation at least seven pounds more). I am thinking they will do sbs sals because Mark can land one. Remember for a few seasons E/L tried it without much success on Amanda's part? They intend to and are eligible to compete this year. It's the plan....I like them both, so best of luck to them. I think one of the most determining factors is that she was willing to relocate to Florida, has a previous relationship with Peterson and co, and is close enough to Amanda's size. Obviously, Mark wasn't going to uproot his family and relocate. It has to be a tough adjustment for Mark to skate with someone new after ten years.

2sk8
04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Yes, they are about the same height, both under 5', but Amanda is a "slighter", different body build. I'm sure Mark will adjust quickly- he's a real "pro". It will be interesting to see what they do with the jumps and how consistent they really are now as I've observed some recent inconsistency with Lindsay. I'm sure Lyndon will get them in great shape! It's a great opportunity for both of them-

Jayar
04-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Yes, they are about the same height, both under 5', but Amanda is a "slighter", different body build. I'm sure Mark will adjust quickly- he's a real "pro". It will be interesting to see what they do with the jumps and how consistent they really are now as I've observed some recent inconsistency with Lindsay. I'm sure Lyndon will get them in great shape! It's a great opportunity for both of them-

IIRC, Lindsay is 4'10".

aemeraldrainc
04-27-2012, 01:10 AM
OMG!
I've been waiting for an announcement of a new partner for Mark L.!!
I'm very excited for them! Can't wait to see them.

carriemarie
04-27-2012, 01:26 AM
IIRC, Lindsay is 4'10".

I believe that is correct. But she is certainly not as 'slight' as Amanda so it make take a bit of time to adjust. I admire the Florida (and Colorado, obviously) programs of training and I hope they are successful. Pairs should be very interesting this year with all these new partnerships. I am excited to see the new teams of O'shea/Kayne and Regan/Yanakowskas plus the improvement of Zhang/Bartholomey and Donlan/Speroff.

shan
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
So surviving the season we currently have:
Denney/Coughlin
Marley/Brubaker
Donlan Speroff
Castelli/Shnapir
Zhang/Bartholomay
Vise/Baldwin

And confirmed new partnerships:
Yankowskas/Reagan
Davis/Ladwig

and unconfirmed possibilities. Who did I leave out (I don't even know who's moving from Jr. to Sr.)