PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Skittl1321
03-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I just wish no one had to sit out a season...

I want ALL of them to get partners! And since Caitlyn did, I want her to get a great one, whomever it is.

Catherine M
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I liked what I saw with Caitlyn & Josh from the video.

Granted they were skating on a postage size rink around a stage and doing basic stuff but if they do decide to go forward with this partnership I'm interested in seeing what they can accomplish.

barbk
03-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm still confused as to why they even bothered skating on that rink? Don't they have a real practice rink someplace that they ordinarily use? At least NHL size?

Sylvia
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Friendly suggestion: Maybe we can shift/contain the Y/R discussion to/in this GSD thread? Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82866) (ETA: I've copied the 2 posts above and replied to them over there.)

Posted in the Cain/Reagan split thread (post #120):

While the [Yankowskas/Reagan video] discussion might be there, the Trash Can is really not the place to talk about news and I wish people would stop posting news there, even if there is a thread that seems appropriate.

The Trash Can is for polls and dead horses and threads about past skaters. Current and ongoing information really belongs here, not there.
Duly noted that this general U.S. Pairs thread, along with the Yankowskas/Reagan Video thread, has since been moved from the Trash Can to here in GSD... thanks. I will continue to post any pairs news/splits/article links/statistics/etc. here.

Starting with... good job by Jessica Pfund (new to pairs this season) and A.J. Reiss for winning the Junior Pairs gold at Challenge Cup in The Hague earlier today. This was Pfund's first-ever international competition and it's encouraging to see that they landed throw 3loop in the SP and side-by-side 3S and 2A+2A sequence in the FS. Here's hoping they continue to develop their pair skills as a team and have a successful JGP debut this fall.

olympic
03-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Friendly suggestion: Maybe we can shift/contain the Y/R discussion to/in this GSD thread? Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan Video (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82866) (ETA: I've copied the 2 posts above and replied to them over there.)

Posted in the Cain/Reagan split thread (post #120):

Duly noted that this general U.S. Pairs thread, along with the Yankowskas/Reagan Video thread, has since been moved from the Trash Can to here in GSD... thanks. I will continue to post any pairs news/splits/article links/statistics/etc. here.

Starting with... good job by Jessica Pfund (new to pairs this season) and A.J. Reiss for winning the Junior Pairs gold at Challenge Cup in The Hague earlier today. This was Pfund's first-ever international competition and it's encouraging to see that they landed throw 3loop in the SP and side-by-side 3S and 2A+2A sequence in the FS. Here's hoping they continue to develop their pair skills as a team and have a successful JGP debut this fall.

Any video?

Sylvia
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Any video?
Pfund/Reiss' Junior Pairs FS video should be posted on the competition's official YouTube channel at some point (see the Challenge Cup thread in Kiss and Cry).

stjeaskategym
03-13-2012, 12:32 AM
They look dreadful! but I guess she doesn't have much choice and you can say that it appears she is now desperate. Ashley and Josh had such better lines. Oh well!

You saw them skate for twenty seconds and you're already jealous? :lol: If you're a parent/relative/friend of a pair skater (and I'm sure you are), you know how difficult it can sometimes be to find a partner and how many months/years these skaters sit out of competition waiting for a match. Even when they may be your direct competition, you have to feel for these kids (at least a little bit). How could you seriously be that unhappy that Caitlin is trying out with someone? I don't get it.

chachacha
03-13-2012, 02:49 AM
You saw them skate for twenty seconds and you're already jealous? :lol: If you're a parent/relative/friend of a pair skater (and I'm sure you are), you know how difficult it can sometimes be to find a partner and how many months/years these skaters sit out of competition waiting for a match. Even when they may be your direct competition, you have to feel for these kids (at least a little bit). How could you seriously be that unhappy that Caitlin is trying out with someone? I don't get it.

Just saying my opinion!!! It only takes a couple of seconds to tell that the size is not a match. On a personal level I know Ashley and feel that Ashley and Josh were a better match. Again, it's just an opinion, believe me when I tell you, no jealousy here :lol: Ashley will have a new door that opens and perhaps it will be better for her in the long run. Just sad to see that team break up for something that is not going to be any better for Josh, but again that is my opinion.

chachacha
03-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Pfund/Reiss' Junior Pairs FS video should be posted on the competition's official YouTube channel at some point (see the Challenge Cup thread in Kiss and Cry).

Love Pfund & Reiss, they are going to be a team to watch on the JGP Circuit. So excited that they won the Junior Pairs at the Challenge Cup!:D

agalisgv
03-13-2012, 02:52 AM
believe me when I tell you, no jealousy here Uh huh

stjeaskategym
03-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Just saying my opinion!!! It only takes a couple of seconds to tell that the size is not a match. On a personal level I know Ashley and feel that Ashley and Josh were a better match. Again, it's just an opinion, believe me when I tell you, no jealousy here :lol: Ashley will have a new door that opens and perhaps it will be better for her in the long run. Just sad to see that team break up for something that is not going to be any better for Josh, but again that is my opinion.

You thought Ashley and Josh were a good match sizewise? :lol::rolleyes: Right.

Sylvia
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Here's their winning Junior Pairs FS (scored 87.16): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Vq12UUuaQ
(Leah Keiser had mentioned in her blog for IceNetwork that Pfund had "slammed into the boards on a throw" in the morning warm-up before the FS and "was in pain" so nice recovery by her!)

ryanbfan
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Seeing Ashley and Josh in person a lot (as I am a friend of Ashley's also), I never saw a problem with the height. They were awesome together. I just don't get as excited personally seeing Caitlin and Josh... David doesn't look so excited watching them either as he did Ash and Josh, and Josh looked a bit apprehensive (while Catilin was all smiles). I think Josh is actually too tall for Caitlin, but that's just me and going based off of the 15 minutes I saw them skating in person. I didn't like them together at all.

I don't believe that it (the skating at the galleria) was they're announcement as a permanent pairing though... they seemed to just be trying things for David. Someone else on here (or somewhere else?) said Cait was trying out with someone else last week or this week.

And for the record, because I know someone will ask it soon, Ashley has seen the video, in fact she asked me to show her.

hlp728
03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Josh is too tall for Caitlin? I thought just the opposite, but my impression for a pairs tean is that the greater height difference the better. I kinda wish Josh and Ashley would re-team. Thanks ryanbfan for the video of Caitlin and Josh!

Not sure if Caitlin has had a try-out with Tim LeDuc, but that is a try-out video I would love to see. In his Icenetwork biography, it says he likes ballet and modern dance and lists Matt Savoie the skater he most admires. That's two bonuses I would say.

olympic
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Josh is too tall for Caitlin? I thought just the opposite, but my impression for a pairs tean is that the greater height difference the better. I kinda wish Josh and Ashley would re-team. Thanks ryanbfan for the video of Caitlin and Josh!

Not sure if Caitlin has had a try-out with Tim LeDuc, but that is a try-out video I would love to see. In his Icenetwork biography, it says he likes ballet and modern dance and lists Matt Savoie the skater he most admires. That's two bonuses I would say.

I would only support Tim pairing up with Caitlin if he can lift her easily. He looks slight thru the upper body [from what I saw]