PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

winterone
03-09-2012, 03:09 AM
I have to think that skating with a stage in the middle of the rink is problematic. Having said that I wonder why they picked a place with a big audience. This looks like a publicity stunt.

By the way that two handed press didn't exactly look strong.

maureenfarone
03-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the info! Interesting watching them skate together. Is that David Kirby in the background?

AYS
03-09-2012, 03:37 AM
This video took forever to upload, so it may still be processing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFe04cB3gI

Just an FYI, I disabled the audio in the video... there was a lot of talking around me and a lot of people talking to me so I just disabled it. They were getting ready for the Hunger Games Q&A so that's why there's a small stage on the rink.

Thanks for posting. They seem to be a very natural match in terms of their lines and way of moving. The match on their lines in the sbs spins is first rate!

johndockley92
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
This video has hardly anything in it, i'm sure they have had/will have another try out somewhere else where they can fit in more elements (the galleria is obviously not a large surface, especially with that thing in the middle of the ice). Thanks for the post though! I wonder how it'll work out for them.

icellist
03-09-2012, 03:54 AM
i'm happy that caitlin has a strong choice for a partner now but with Reagan she would have to work with jumps and lift. if she had gone with leduc, all she would needed have practiced were lifts (throws for both though).

Rooting for Caitlin, E/L, and D/S the next season and hoping that M/B have a kick-ass debut at worlds

ryanbfan
03-09-2012, 03:56 AM
This video has hardly anything in it.

They weren't doing anything lol... they were just seeing how things looked. I filmed everything they did. They did 2 lifts, a few SBS spins, a spiral with josh doing a spread eagle about 3 times, and after they finished Josh came out and did a few triples. Honestly they were mostly just stroking around together.

The reason why there was a big audience is people started lining up at 7 AM for the Hunger Games Q&A that was at 6PM. By the time they came out to skate it was 4PM and the majority of people there for the Q&A were lined up and waiting. No one knew who they are and definitely no one was paying attention.

Yes David Kirby was there. Honestly he didn't seem to care too much for them as a pair. But we will see.

I didn't like them together. I felt Josh's athletic style clashed very badly with Caitlin's ballet-ish style.

manleywoman
03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
I think he matches her better that Coughlin, actually.

kirkbiggestfan
03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
He is more elegant than Coughlin. Caitlin looks like a beautiful balerina on ice, while Josh looks like someone who took extensive ballet classes to improve his posture, but not a natural ballet dancer like her.

I wish she had picked someone stronger, but the Chinese male partners show us everyday that hard work on lifts and throws can compensate the lack of pure brutal strengh.

chachacha
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I have to think that skating with a stage in the middle of the rink is problematic. Having said that I wonder why they picked a place with a big audience. This looks like a publicity stunt.

By the way that two handed press didn't exactly look strong.

They look dreadful! but I guess she doesn't have much choice and you can say that it appears she is now desperate. Ashley and Josh had such better lines. Oh well!

Spiralgraph
03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
My gosh,
they've been skating together for what, a couple of days at most. They're not going to mesh like Tai and Randy instantaneously. Let's see what happens, they're not even a new confirmed pair yet.

Sit_spin
03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm actually excited about this pairing! They seem to be a good match, at least for the beginning of a partnership.

Lacey
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Good luck to each of them as they try to make their decisions.

julieann
03-09-2012, 04:21 PM
They look dreadful! but I guess she doesn't have much choice and you can say that it appears she is now desperate. Ashley and Josh had such better lines. Oh well!

Dreadful? I think that's a bit much :rolleyes:

Sylvia
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Well, consider the source...

olympic
03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
i'm happy that caitlin has a strong choice for a partner now but with Reagan she would have to work with jumps and lift. if she had gone with leduc, all she would needed have practiced were lifts (throws for both though).

I would disagree here. I have to admit when I found out Reagan and LeDuc were both single, I went to Icenetwork to watch both of their Nats performances with their previous partners (Such is my devotion to finding Caitlin a partner :drama:).

LeDuc is really nice to watch, but he looks like he struggled even more to lift Cassie than Reagan did to lift a 5-6 Ashley. His upper body is not that strongly built looking to me. Also, both LeDuc and Reagan were landing their jumps. Reagan landed the SBS 3sal, so I don't think LeDuc has an edge there...