PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

winterone
03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
They fell three times... It's pretty much as simple as that. And their size difference can't be blamed for any of those falls. Mistakes happen.

Yes they do. ITA.
She has the IT factor and skills and needs him to get stronger and continue to improve technically. Their programs were well executed this year however they had little difficulty. So when mistakes happen you finish 10th.

chachacha
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
They fell three times... It's pretty much as simple as that. And their size difference can't be blamed for any of those falls. Mistakes happen.

No but the size differance can explain why they are limited in further developing with pair elements or why else did they announce at Nationals they would remain Junior vs moving to Senior???? I think they are a beautiful team, but will soon reach their full potential due to the size differance. Blackmer is to small for her. Simpson has clearly grown in the past few months. At Nationals, when I saw them, it was clear she has grown since the fall JGP. Since her options would be limited, it would be better for Simpson to stay paired up with Blackmer, but it will not allow for the boy to further develop and it would hold him back from his full pontential not to mention the long term injuries he may sustain from not being appropriately paired up due to his size.

johndockley92
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
No but the size differance can explain why they are limited in further developing with pair elements or why else did they announce at Nationals they would remain Junior vs moving to Senior????

No official announcement has been made on their competition for next season. They may choose to compete senior.

chachacha
03-07-2012, 12:47 AM
No official announcement has been made on their competition for next season. They may choose to compete senior.

I was only stating what I read on Ice Network when they quoted Simpson that they were staying Junior. But of course that could change. I can only comment on what was stated via icenetwork. Either way, they will continue to be limited due to the issue with their size.

5Ali3
03-07-2012, 06:31 AM
No but the size differance can explain why they are limited in further developing with pair elements or why else did they announce at Nationals they would remain Junior vs moving to Senior????

There are plenty of reasons why Simpson/Blackmer would choose to remain Junior that have nothing to do with a size differential (which I will not address). IIRC, Simpson said that the decision to skate Junior for two seasons was made at the start of their partnership. At that point, Blackmer had not competed an entire season in pairs since Intermediate; his experience with high-level lifts was more limited than his record this season would suggest.

One can train essentially the same elements in Junior as in Senior; next year, the SP jump for Junior Pairs will include the option of 2A, which reduces the difference in difficulty between Junior and Senior SP - the other major difference is that Senior Pairs do three lifts in the FS and Junior Pairs only do two. The additional training time freed up by the extra lift can be useful, depending on how much time the team needs to train individual elements such as triple jumps, or by outside constraints such as school.

ryanbfan
03-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I dont know where else to post this, but I'm sitting by the ice rink at the galleria in Dallas for this Hunger Games event, and Joshua Reagan has been walking around here with Caitlin Yankowskas. They look like they've been training because they're wearing their team USA jackets.

olympic
03-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I dont know where else to post this, but I'm sitting by the ice rink at the galleria in Dallas for this Hunger Games event, and Joshua Reagan has been walking around here with Caitlin Yankowskas. They look like they've been training because they're wearing their team USA jackets.

Interesting.

AJ Skatefan
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Interesting.

Yes, most fascinating.

olympic
03-08-2012, 10:50 PM
^If this info is accurate, I would think that they would be trying out/together/whatever at Caitlin's rink in Detroit, not at C/R's old rink in Dallas. AFAIK, Ashley and her dad are at that rink. AWKWARD

ryanbfan
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Have video of them skating a bit together. will post later. Galleria is not C/R's old rink. Dr pepper star center in Farmer's Branch is.

Sylvia
03-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Peter and Darlene Cain are listed as coaches at the DPSC rink in Euless, TX.

winterone
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
This sounds like maybe it's a done deal. Best of luck to them.

carriemarie
03-08-2012, 11:26 PM
^If this info is accurate, I would think that they would be trying out/together/whatever at Caitlin's rink in Detroit, not at C/R's old rink in Dallas. AFAIK, Ashley and her dad are at that rink. AWKWARD

I think it is quite common to tryout at both training rinks to get a feel for both the coaches of each skater and the facilities. It may be a done deal, but I assume they had two different tryouts and go from there unless one is unwilling to move, which I have no idea what the case is with these two. Is there any real confirmation that they had an actual tryout at all? As far as it being awkward, they switch partners all the time in Colorado, so I guess it is just something a skater may have to deal with.

Skittl1321
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Is there any real confirmation that they had an actual tryout at all?

Unless Caitlyn is in Dallas to go to the Hunger Games premier ryanbfan is attending... it sounds pretty likely that she and Joshua are trying out together.

ryanbfan
03-09-2012, 02:48 AM
This video took forever to upload, so it may still be processing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFe04cB3gI

Just an FYI, I disabled the audio in the video... there was a lot of talking around me and a lot of people talking to me so I just disabled it. They were getting ready for the Hunger Games Q&A so that's why there's a small stage on the rink.