PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

~tapdancer~
03-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Saw Denney/Frazier's FS from JW...I was impressed, that was a great skate! Proud of all three teams being in the top ten.

dinakt
03-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Saw Denney/Frazier's FS from JW...I was impressed, that was a great skate! Proud of all three teams being in the top ten.

I was impressed , as well. Very nice unison, strong elements. Looking forward to seeing them next year.

Stephanie
03-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Agreed, what impressed me most was their confidence and attack. I really hope they can get consistent sbs triples to compete with the seniors and best juniors.

I'm sure they'll go back to the JGP, but their score is high enough to probably earn one senior GP as well, which would be a great experience for them.

pinky166
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Denney/Frazier are awesome! Looking forward to Duarte/Grafton competing in seniors, they aren't the strongest or most consistent pair but I love their elegance and musicality.

What happened to Simpson/Blackmer? They did so well at the JGPF, I thought they would finish much higher than 10th here. Simpson in particular seemed to be struggling, I wonder if she's injured?

olympic
03-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I caught the JW SP video of Denney / Frazier. It was my first time seeing this couple. While the quality wasn't great, I still could see their nice lines and extension. Is she adopted? :shuffle:

johndockley92
03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
ETA:

It would be :cool: if she could find someone age-eligible - I believe Adam Civiello is the only JGP age-eligible U.S. guy listed on IPS who has any JGP experience.

This tryout is happening btw, anna pearce and adam civiello are trying out. Also have heard of a possible tryout with Josh Reagan and Matej Silecky.

PDilemma
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
"For those keeping score (http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic40062.html)" comes from baseball. It used to be quite common for people to "keep score (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/baseball_basics/keeping_score.jsp)" during baseball games, recording the strikes/balls/errors/hits/runs/etc., especially when listening over the radio. Sometimes the radio announcers would let people at home know how the official scorekeeper had recorded a play when there was more than one option for how it might be scored. "For those keeping score, Jason Veritek's double has been charged as an error to Alex Rodriguez." :lol: (There's cool picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_scorekeeping#Example) of a traditional scorecard on the wikipedia page for Baseball Scorekeeping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_scorekeeping).)

ETA: I've also heard it used in reference to music: "keeping score" means staying on time and playing correctly, I think.

Congratulations to the U.S. teams at Junior Worlds for their strong performances and for keeping three spots for next year's Junior Worlds! I believe their placements also mean that the U.S. will be able to send three teams to each 2012 JGP that includes pairs, unless those rules change again.

I keep score at baseball games about 90% of the time. Most teams still sell scorecards, so I can't possibly be the only one. Especially since I go to a Major League game once a year or less. And every game has an official scorekeeper as well for statistical purposes. Scoreboards will indicate a hit or error on plays where there is a question. Look at the scoreboard the next time you are at a ballpark, there is a place where it says "H/E" which is where iffy plays will be indicated with one letter or the other.

winterone
03-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Simpson/Blackmer at JW? They scored kinda low. I'm wondering if she is a little big for him and they are limited in the technical area.

Jenna
03-05-2012, 03:33 AM
I think you can chalk it up to a bad event. They were very strong and consistent their entire season. Perhaps they were simply burnt out.

mag
03-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Simpson/Blackmer at JW? They scored kinda low. I'm wondering if she is a little big for him and they are limited in the technical area.

You know, for once I would like someone to write "perhaps he is a bit too small for her." (just saying, not commenting specifically on this pair.)

winterone
03-05-2012, 03:50 AM
You know, for once I would like someone to write "perhaps he is a bit too small for her." (just saying, not commenting specifically on this pair.)

OK He is a little small for her. She may need a male partner in the 6'-6'2 range and 180 lbs to 190 lbs.

Sylvia
03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Despite a disappointing finish to their season at Junior Worlds, Simpson/Blackmer had an excellent first season together overall, and I thought Blackmer really rose to the challenge in his first full national/international season as a pair skater. These two had an emotional connection in their skating that I found highly enjoyable to watch.

As long as safety is put first, I hope they will be able to continue skating together for as long as possible.

yfbg722
03-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Despite a disappointing finish to their season at Junior Worlds, Simpson/Blackmer had an excellent first season together overall, and I thought Blackmer really rose to the challenge in his first full national/international season as a pair skater. These two had an emotional connection in their skating that I found highly enjoyable to watch.

As long as safety is put first, I hope they will be able to continue skating together for as long as possible.

This. Simpson/Blackmer are my favourite American junior pair. Their Titanic was one of my favourite programs this year.

Often for teams making it to worlds for the first time, it's also the first time they've dealt with such an extended season as well as with so much international travel. I have no doubt this team will have learned some valuable lessons that they will take with them for even more success next year!

kwanfan1818
03-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Often for teams making it to worlds for the first time, it's also the first time they've dealt with such an extended season as well as with so much international travel. I have no doubt this team will have learned some valuable lessons that they will take with them for even more success next year!

Excellent points.

stjeaskategym
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Simpson/Blackmer at JW? They scored kinda low.

They fell three times... It's pretty much as simple as that. And their size difference can't be blamed for any of those falls. Mistakes happen.