PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

nylynnr
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Bu the overall score less then 108 points is pretty terrible.

That makes it all the more interesting that double Axels were landed, doesn't it?

I understand they have been spending a lot of time drilling the Axels, and that the free skate program (to "Far and Away") was brand-new. Perhaps after they have had more time to absorb the choreography the marks will improve.

Sylvia
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I've also posted the detailed protocols links on page 3 of the Kemp & King relocating (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79862) thread in GSD.

Here's an updated list of U.S. Juvenile-Senior Pair 2011 club competition scores (split teams noted): http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/scoretracker/2011-2012-pairs-results/

It looks like Easterns will be the only Sectional holding a Senior Pair competition in November. The 4 teams are Donlan/Speroff, Zhang/Bartholomay, Bautista/Harris, and Scimeca/Dimitrov.

skatemommy
10-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Sylvia, how is the same shaping up for dance? Thanks always :encore:

Pulaski73
10-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I believe there is an off-season thread for Dance :)

Sylvia do you happen to know who is entered at which section for Junior-Novice pairs?

Sylvia
10-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Here is an UNOFFICIAL list of projected Junior Pairs at Sectionals in November.

Easterns (6):
Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson
Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton
Cali Fujimoto/Nick Barsi-Rhyne
Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz
Melissa Kustra/Paul Schatz
Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea

Midwesterns (6):
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage
Kaitlin Budd/Alexander Sheldrick
Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson
Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan
Carly Powers/David Powers
Britney Simpson/Matthew Blackmer [they will receive a bye to Nationals if they qualify for the JGP Final]

Pacific Coast (4):
Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu
Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier
AnnaMarie Pearce/Craig Norris
Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss

johndockley92
10-10-2011, 03:21 AM

Easterns (6):
Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson
Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton
Cali Fujimoto/Nick Barsi-Rhyne
Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz
Melissa Kustra/Paul Schatz
Christine Mozer/Danny O'Shea

Midwesterns (6):
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage
Kaitlin Budd/Alexander Sheldrick
Brianna de la Mora/Taylor Wilson
Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan
Carly Powers/David Powers
Britney Simpson/Matthew Blackmer [they will receive a bye to Nationals if they qualify for the JGP Final]

Pacific Coast (4):
Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss

Interesting that Fujimoto/ Barsi-Rhyne are going out of Easterns, and that Budd/ Sheldrick are competing for the US... Wondering how Easterns will play out, seems to have a 5th team that will definitely be somewhat deserving of a trip to nationals.

Pulaski73
10-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Anyone want to take a stab at results now for kicks at Senior and Junior?

shan
10-10-2011, 03:26 AM
What other country would Budd/Sheldrick skate for?

Pulaski73
10-10-2011, 03:28 AM
He's Canadian I believe.

Sylvia
10-10-2011, 03:29 AM
What other country would Budd/Sheldrick skate for?
Sheldrick previously competed in Canada in pairs (http://tracings.net/pear-shel.html) and singles (http://tracings.net/shel-alex.html).

johndockley92
10-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Anyone want to take a stab at results now for kicks at Senior and Junior?

I WOULD... lol...

Senior:

1. Denney/ Coughlin
2. Evora/ Ladwig
3. Marley/ Brubaker
4 Poapst/ Knierim
5 Castelli/ Shnapir
6 Cain/ Reagan
7 Vise/ Baldwin
8 Donlan/ Speroff
9 Zhang/ Bartholomay
10 Andrews/ Leduc
11 /12 Sciemeca/ Dimitrov; Bautista/ Harris

... Did I forget anyone??

Junior:

1. Denney/ Frazer
2. Simpson/ Blackmer
3. Oltmanns/ Santillan
4. Duarte/ Grafton
5. Aaron/ Settlage
6. Calalang/ Sidhu
7. Pfund/ Reiss (Not sure on their progress, assume it's good)
8. Goldberg/Dolkiewicz
9. Mozer/ O'Shea
10. Pearce/ Norris
11. De la Mora/ Wilson
12. Fujimoto/ Barsi-Rhyne
13. Budd/ Sheldrick

... What do you think??

Pulaski73
10-10-2011, 04:12 AM
I agree with your senior medalists, however.... I think it'll be a bit different beyond top 3. Only they're Grand Prix results will help us see what the outcome might become.

Senior:

1. Denney/ Coughlin
2. Evora/ Ladwig
3. Marley/ Brubaker
4 Castelli/ Shnapir
5 Poapst/ Knierim
6 Cain/ Reagan
7 Vise/ Baldwin
8 Donlan/ Speroff
9 Zhang/ Bartholomay
10 Andrews/ Leduc
11 /12 Sciemeca/ Dimitrov; Bautista/ Harris

I think your junior is a bit crazy though.... Simpson/Blackmer are pretty much showing that they're the leaders. I think behind them are the other three Colorado teams plus Calalang/Sidhu. I think Goldberg/Dolkiewicz will have a very impressive showing at nationals because they've had time to train solely for that event and they showed great improvement at Midatlantics in September. I don't think Oltmanns/Santillan are capable of performing under pressure. They're put out lack luster performances at both their JGP's. Beyond that... it's anyone's guess

Junior:

1.)Simpson/ Blackmer
2.) Denney/ Frazer
3.) Duarte/ Grafton
4.) Calalang/ Sidhu
5.) Aaron/ Settlage
6.) Goldberg/Dolkiewicz
7.) Oltmanns/ Santillan
8.) Pfund/ Reiss (Not sure on their progress, assume it's good)

9. Mozer/ O'Shea
10. Pearce/ Norris
11. De la Mora/ Wilson
12. Fujimoto/ Barsi-Rhyne
13. Budd/ Sheldrick

Any Arguements?

johndockley92
10-10-2011, 04:22 AM
To me, Denney/ Frazer have a MUCH better look than Simpson/ Blackmer. They have a stunning triple twist, and all the other content to go along with it.

Also, Duarte/ Grafton have always had trouble holding it together under pressure, which is why despite being the best junior team in my eyes (PCS are bar-none better than everyone elses), I think they'll be at the bottom of the podium.

I think that in Junior there is a clear cut top 6 (colorado teams + Calalang/Sidhu & Oltmanns/Santillan) and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in any order (Though I am thoroughly convinced that a CO team will end up on top). I also think that should any of those teams fail, Goldberg/Dokiewicz and Pfund/ Reiss have a shot to enter the top 6.

I also haven't seen Knierim/ Poapst this season, but based on how they were last season, I think they have the potential to be in the top 5 this year in Senior. We'll see how it turns out though...

Pulaski73
10-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I dunno... I think Simpson/Blackmer have a much better look to them. I do love Haven Denney's skating though... moreso than her sister. I think she WAAAAAAAAY outshines him in terms of jumps and just overall presentation. I think they attempt alot of difficult content but they don't seem capable of skating it cleanly.

Jayar
10-10-2011, 05:19 AM

Pacific Coast (4):
Jessica Pfund/AJ Reiss

Calalang and Sidhu have a shot for a bye to Nationals as well-- 3rd place will get them into the Final. It's a tough call, but I never count chickens in junior pairs.