PDA

View Full Version : Status of US Pairs This Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Sylvia
09-01-2011, 04:01 AM
There's a new Junior pair based in southern California -- Jessica Pfund (2011 US Novice National singles competitor) has relocated to LA from Colorado Springs and has teamed up with AJ Reiss. They are coached by Peter Oppegard.

Caitlin Fields/Jason Pacini, who competed Junior this summer, are returning to the Novice level (they're scheduled to compete Novice at Golden West this week).

Morgan Agster/Adam Civiello are no longer listed in USFS' International Selection Pool (ISP) and I've been informed that they have split. I believe she plans to test out and he is looking for a new partner.

Jenna
09-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Interesting development with Pfund. She had all the talent in the world with jumping, but she seemed to start a downward trend in Greensboro. I hope this works out for them both.

Madre
09-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Bautista/Harris will be competing out of Easterns this season.

Sylvia
09-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Lindsay Davis has listed herself on icepartnersearch: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=3736

Davis/Leftheris have officially split as their names have been removed from both the Team C envelope and the International Selection Pool on the USFS site.

ETA updated list:
Projected Senior Pairs at Sectionals (some may elect not to compete if there are 4 or fewer teams):
Donlan/Speroff E
Scimeca/Dimitrov E
Zhang/Bartholomay E
Bautista/Harris E
Andrews/LeDuc M
Poapst/Knierim M
Vise/Baldwin P

olympic
09-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Lindsay Davis has listed herself on icepartnersearch: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=3736

Davis/Leftheris have officially split as their names have been removed from both the Team C envelope and the International Selection Pool on the USFS site.

While I'm sad about this, could it be .... he and Caitlin?

reese
09-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Interesting development with Davis/Leftharis. I wonder what will unfold in the coming weeks...

Re: Pfund/Reiss-- that's a pretty major age difference, no?

Jenna
09-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Woah! :eek:

This is so :wuzrobbed, they were coming along so nicely. But..I could see a partnership of Yankowskas/Lemtheris coming together. That would be awesome.

I wonder if Lindsay Davis entered the Qualifying Season as a singles skater or if she will sit out..

julieann
09-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Woah! :eek:

This is so :wuzrobbed, they were coming along so nicely. But..I could see a partnership of Yankowskas/Lemtheris coming together. That would be awesome.

I wonder if Lindsay Davis entered the Qualifying Season as a singles skater or if she will sit out..

I agree, albeit a week and a half late for the 9-1 deadline.

haribobo
09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I disagree about how they were coming along- their programs from Indy this year were dreadfully boring. They had some good jumps but their pres. was so far inferior to Nam/Leftheris it made me sad. Maybe they can find more spark with other partners.

skatemommy
09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree, albeit a week and a half late for the 9-1 deadline.

Would Caitlin's placements last season (prays to skate gods) somehow preclude this?

julieann
09-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Would Caitlin's placements last season (prays to skate gods) somehow preclude this?

I honestly have no idea how it works, I just heard she needs to register by September 1st, what that entails I don't know, maybe she can still go to sectionals if she does have a partner.

I hope someone can correct me, I can't find where I saw it to ask them.

Debbie S
09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I honestly have no idea how it works, I just heard she needs to register by September 1st, what that entails I don't know, maybe she can still go to sectionals if she does have a partner. Yes, the Sept 1 deadline for entry in Regionals/qualifying season is firm. There are no exceptions, AFAIK, for past achievements. But it's possible that Davis/Leftheris split a couple weeks ago and Themi is already in MI, and that announcement is coming later....who knows.

Rochelle
09-13-2011, 01:38 AM
I disagree about how they were coming along- their programs from Indy this year were dreadfully boring. They had some good jumps but their pres. was so far inferior to Nam/Leftheris it made me sad. Maybe they can find more spark with other partners.

And I disagree. They didn't blow me out of the water at Indy this year, but they were not dreadfully boring. I was sitting on the judges side the entire time volunteering, so perhaps I saw a little something more that was directed at the judges and thus missed on the audience side. It's so early in the season at Indy... I never gauge the presentation/chore. potential from a program there, since Nationals is nearly 5 months away and many of those programs are only 1-3 months old. They still appeared to be on track for this season given their scores.

Either way, that's moot now since they're no longer together. I wish them both the best.

I wonder if Lindsay happened to enter ladies at Regionals?

UDelpairs2012
09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Does Anyone know what ever happened to last years N5 team?Alexandria Shaughnessy and James Morgan are they still together? They have not competed all summer. They are still listed on the ISP but have not competed even once. Is it likely they will be at sectionals?

Sylvia
09-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Does Anyone know what ever happened to last years N5 team?Alexandria Shaughnessy and James Morgan are they still together?
Shaughnessy/Morgan are registered to compete this week in Novice Pairs at the Middle Atlantics club competition in NYC, along with the new team of Lianna Thomas/Gene Fu (both SC of NY), Caitlin Belt/Michael Johnson (or will they compete in the Junior event now since they have tested up?), and Hailee Settle/Rique Newby-Estrella (both Dallas FSC).