PDA

View Full Version : US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

GarrAarghHrumph
05-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi, All:

We've just been through "pilot season", when the pilots are all filmed. Now we move into the Upfronts, where the networks announce their fall schedules. So now is the time when we normally start hearing about new shows for next season, as well as about cancellations and renewals.

So far we know that House has been renewed, but this could be its last year. Not due to ratings, but due to $$$. We'll have to see.

Fox has also renewed Family Guy, the Cleveland Show, the Simpsons, and American Dad. They have cancelled Breaking In, Traffic Light, Lie to Me, Human Target and Chicago Code.

The actual Upfronts presentations begin Monday, May 16th - NBC will start. The other networks follow that week.

oleada
05-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Fox has renewed Bones as well.

Garden Kitty
05-12-2011, 01:51 AM
My mother and sister are depressed that Detroit 187 almost certainly won't be back.

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Supposedly The Event has been canceled. Major boo! I didn't like it at first but it really found its footing and is a great show. Unfortunately too many people were turned off at the beginning like me but they didn't keep giving it another chance, I guess.

oleada
05-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Link to TVGuide's TV Scorecard:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fall-TV-Schedule-1005618.aspx

shan
05-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Fox has renewed Bones as well.

:cheer2:

oleada
05-12-2011, 02:35 AM
:cheer2:

Is it Thursday yet? The preview for this week's episode has me so excited!

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 03:13 AM
I love that Breaking In is canceled, after only, what 6 episodes? It was just down right awful. Christian Slater should just try writing a memoir or something.

I see The Event is on the "not looking so good" list. At least it isn't a SURE thing. Maybe the critical acclaim the latter part of the season that the show has been getting will be enough to give it a few more shots. If V got another season then this should get 1 more.

GaPeach
05-12-2011, 03:23 AM
The Borgias (Showtime) have been picked up for another season. Two more episodes of Casare :swoon:until next season!

BaileyCatts
05-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi, All:

They have cancelled Breaking In, .......

:eek: NNNNNNOOOOO!!!!! That was my new favorite show!! :wuzrobbed It was funny! I liked all the quick sarcastic jokes. I like Christian Slater too.

HeatherC
05-12-2011, 03:58 AM
I will be extremely stoked if ABC takes another chance on V which had the most :kickass: finale ever earlier this spring. I'm also holding out hope for a few other shows including Happy Endings, Mr. Sunshine, and Off the Map, and even though the chances look pretty good for both, I'm still a little anxious about Hawaii Five O and Brothers & Sisters coming back next year.

I feel like Fox cancelled half their lineup this spring. My Twitter feed was going bonkers last night with all that news breaking around the same time. :eek:

Ares
05-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Link to TVGuide's TV Scorecard:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fall-TV-Schedule-1005618.aspx

LOOKING NOT SO GOOD

Brothers & Sisters (ABC)

Bummer. The show did take a nosedive last season though.

BigB08822
05-12-2011, 04:07 AM
LOOKING NOT SO GOOD

Brothers & Sisters (ABC)

Bummer. The show did take a nosedive last season though.

My bf and I became obsessed with this. Staying up way to late on way too many nights to watch as many as we could. Then we got about caught up, paid for a few on iTunes and recorded the remaining to watch later. Something about this past season just has not clicked for us. I think we have 2-3 more to watch on iTunes (or online but we prefer to watch together on our big TV) before we can begin going through our DVR but we just lost interest very suddenly. He has lost interest more than me but I don't know that I would have gotten much further. Maybe we will watch this summer when nothing good is on (other than Big Brother!).

PeterG
05-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Fox has ... cancelled ... Chicago Code.

:(

Things were really starting to heat up, setting things up very well for an explosive second season. Too bad that'll never happen...

HeatherC
05-12-2011, 04:15 AM
ABC said recently they may run a reduced season of B&S eps next year but that they hadn't made a firm decision about that yet. I wouldn't be horribly upset to see it end (the season finale was surprisingly happy) but I do enjoy the cast and would love to see another season.

Did anyone else hear that Chuck may get another season?! That's great news! :cheer: