PDA

View Full Version : US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 03:30 PM
I was more upset with the fact that her boss was linked in the conspiracy to cover up her mom's murder.

I was upset, too.

But at least he was sorry for his role and redeemed himself in the end. Better a guy who got in over his head as a young man and tried to make amends, than a coldhearted criminal mastermind, which was where I was afraid they were going for a few minutes there.

Rex
05-17-2011, 03:37 PM
This is way off topic, but why do people hate Jennifer Love Hewitt? I like her and her shows, cheesy or otherwise. Bit a lot of people seem to really dislike her. I don't think she's that good of an actress for all the attention she gets. I don't hate her, but I do think she's a bad match for SVU. And I never forgave her for portraying Audrey Hepburn in that awful TV movie. I could have done a better job. But if you like her, it's cool. There are a few entertainers I like out there that others do not. YMMV as they say :).

I was upset, too.

But at least he was sorry for his role and redeemed himself in the end. Better a guy who got in over his head as a young man and tried to make amends, than a coldhearted criminal mastermind, which was where I was afraid they were going for a few minutes there.
Yeah, but I liked his character a lot. You know that they are gonna replace him with some douchebag. Charlie Sheen, maybe? :lol:

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, but I liked his character a lot. You know that they are gonna replace him with some douchebag. Charlie Sheen, maybe? :lol:

Oh help. :scream:

Yeah, I pretty much hate all character deaths, unless it's a character I loathe. And I really hate it when TV writers prose on about how they need to show us character deaths because we need to understand that people die in real life. (I don't know if the Castle writers will do that, but people like Joss Whedon are always doing it.) Because none of us has EVER known someone who died, right? :rolleyes:

pamela95
05-17-2011, 03:53 PM

:yikes:

I'm hoping for someone like Jordan Shaw from season two. I think the show could use another female like that.

Rex
05-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh help. :scream:

Yeah, I pretty much hate all character deaths, unless it's a character I loathe. And I really hate it when TV writers prose on about how they need to show us character deaths because we need to understand that people die in real life. (I don't know if the Castle writers will do that, but people like Joss Whedon are always doing it.) Because none of us has EVER known someone who died, right? :rolleyes: Remember what happened to Dallas after they killed off Bobby Ewing? The show ever recovered, and the "whole thing was a dream" shitography drove the teeth even deeper.

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I just barely remember -- I was a kid, but I heard adults talking about it. :) My parents used to watch it, but I don't remember what they thought of the J.R. thing. (I do know they were gutted over Henry Blake's death on M*A*S*H, though they came to love Col. Potter too!)

Badams
05-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't think she's that good of an actress for all the attention she gets. I don't hate her, but I do think she's a bad match for SVU. And I never forgave her for portraying Audrey Hepburn in that awful TV movie. I could have done a better job. But if you like her, it's cool. There are a few entertainers I like out there that others do not. YMMV as they say :).

Yeah, I don't like her to the point where I will get upset if people don't like her. :lol: I just notice a lot of dislike for her and I can never seem to find a reason why. I mean, I would never go on a big defensive rant in her honor...she's no Michelle Kwan!;) But I enjoy her work and have liked everything I have seen her in. She seems likable enough.

Norlite
05-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't hate her, but I do think she's a bad match for SVU.

But she wasn't bad in that episode last year. That said, nobody can replace Benson.

skatesindreams
05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
That was one heck of an end to Hawaii-5-0.

And how! Mid-September can't get here fast enough.
I'm already puzzling about "what's next".

BigB08822
05-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Lost's facebook posted a link to the page for a new show on ABC where fairytales and the real world collide. The preview doesn't look like my cup of tea but I may tune in. Definitely taking a page (or the whole book) from Gregory Maguire who wrote Wicked and a few other books with the same formula. I love the books so maybe the show will work, we shall see.

shan
05-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I find Jennifer Love Hewitt annoying in most of her roles.

Buzz
05-18-2011, 01:44 AM
The Event is listed as cancelled! I was sooooooo hoping for a last minute change of heart. :wuzrobbed

KikiSashaFan
05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
One Tree Hill didn't get cancelled. :eek: Dear God that show is never going away.

jamesy
05-18-2011, 01:51 AM
One Tree Hill didn't get cancelled. :eek: Dear God that show is never going away.
that's both hilarious and sad

BigB08822
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM
The Event is listed as cancelled! I was sooooooo hoping for a last minute change of heart. :wuzrobbed

Is this something more official? There is still hope it can get picked up by another network or Netflix, right? Or is that no longer an option?