PDA

View Full Version : US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Buzz
05-14-2011, 02:26 AM
:wuzrobbed

V was cancelled?! :mad:

CDANN1013
05-14-2011, 02:41 AM
The new Sarah Michelle Gellar series, Ringer, was picked up by the CW not CBS.

Carol

Garden Kitty
05-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I saw that Better With You is officially cancelled. I wasn't sure if that was mentioned in the discussion above. I'm :(

Me too. I always got a laugh from that show which is more than I can say for a lot of "comedies"

jeffisjeff
05-14-2011, 02:57 AM
Aw, between V and The Event being cancelled, where will we casual sci-fi-ish fans turn :(

Just occurred to me that all I am left with in the sci-fi category is Fringe. But, at least Fringe is renewed, and it has gotten pretty interesting. Peter never existed!?!? :eek: :huh: :wuzrobbed

love skating
05-14-2011, 03:16 AM
This short article says they are trying to find new home for The Event:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/

musicgurl
05-14-2011, 03:59 AM
I like Parenthood a lot, although the mother of the kid with Asperger's drives me crazy.
She's the one the drives me nuts as well.

I thought Parenthood was much better in season 1 than season 2. Ditto for Community -- although their "theme episodes" this year have been quite brilliant (e.g., D&D, My Dinner with Andre, Paintball II). But I'm glad both have been renewed and will have a chance to get over their sophmore slumps.

Not sure why all the hate for Breaking In. It was no masterpiece, and I'm not mourning its loss, but it was no worse than some of the other shows on the air that pass for comedy. I continue to be baffled by the acclaim for Hot in Cleveland, for example. And Cougartown? :confused:
I thought the love for Hot in Cleveland was because of Betty White?

Doctor Who! It's so good.

I'm glad Parenthood got picked up. I watch both The Good Wife and Parenthood- the latter one on hulu. I love both shows but Lauren Graham annoys me to no end. But it is a very good show, IMO.

And The Good Wife is fantastic.
Doctor Who is awesome! But it's 3 episodes in with the fourth airing tomorrow. And while you can watch tomorrows episode without seeing the first 3 episodes I strongly recommend going back and watching them. The opening 2 parter is amazing.

BigB08822
05-14-2011, 04:03 AM
I think The Event has a shot at getting moved to another network. My reasoning is that it has gotten so good and is such a better show than when it began that it could get a second wind with another season to try to bring in more viewers.

jeffisjeff
05-14-2011, 04:09 AM
I think The Event has a shot at getting moved to another network. My reasoning is that it has gotten so good and is such a better show than when it began that it could get a second wind with another season to try to bring in more viewers.

And the small audience it has acquired is quite dedicated. ;)

jamesy
05-14-2011, 05:27 AM
The new Sarah Michelle Gellar series, Ringer, was picked up by the CW not CBS.
Oh, I forgot she had a pilot out. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the series being on the CW.

KikiSashaFan
05-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Carrie Ann Inaba just tweeted that Grace was not picked up. I think that Mia Michaels was also involved with that one.

HeatherC
05-14-2011, 06:12 AM
RIP: V, Mr. Sunshine, Off the Map, and Brothers & Sisters (Dang, they killed a third of my TV shows in one swoop today :fragile: )

Glad to read that Happy Endings got picked up for another season. I think it's getting better and better and should fit in well with ABC's Wednesday night comedy block. No word yet on Body of Proof but ABC also cancelled Detroit 187 and No Ordinary Family (I didn't see either of those mentioned yet). I feel like this year has been a bloodbath for new shows. I know not all of them were perfect but IMO, it seems like some promising shows are getting the ax too early. :(

And now, if you don't mind, the below scenerio MUST happen so I don't go totally crazy wondering how the writers and producers were planning to resolve the insanely amazing V finale. :eek:

Dear SyFy Network,

Please pick up this great little show called V to air on your network and when you do, please air it without any long haituses so the fanbase that it picked up from it's two miserable (but improving) years on ABC can find out how the frack Erica and her new resistance team bring down Anna, the Visitors, and the new psycho child.

Regards,

Heather

genevieve
05-14-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm glad Ringer was picked up, I don't care if it's on the CW, they have lower expectations for ratings there so it might give the show a better chance to survive.

sk8pics
05-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Someone please tell me that they saw tonight's episode of Bones. Did they or didn't they? They better explain next week!

Oh no, I missed it! Stupid DVR! Would you tell me what happened?

Verbalgirl77
05-14-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm glad Ringer was picked up, I don't care if it's on the CW, they have lower expectations for ratings there so it might give the show a better chance to survive.

ITA. I don't know if it would have much of a chance on one of the bigger networks.

chipso1
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I saw that Better With You is officially cancelled. I wasn't sure if that was mentioned in the discussion above. I'm :(

I loved that show! :fragile: