PDA

View Full Version : US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

manhn
05-13-2011, 05:11 AM
I friggin LOVE Parenthood, although I usually can't stand Lauren "IamsowittyandcutebecauseIspeaknonstop" Graham.

I really, really hope Nikita is renewed. And Percy with his bloody lip yelling, "KILL 'EM BOTH!" was Old Man Hot.

AliasJohnDoe
05-13-2011, 05:15 AM
Ashton Kutcher on "Two and a Half Men"?:
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a319288/ashton-kutcher-to-replace-charlie-sheen-on-men.html

BigB08822
05-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Ashton Kutcher on "Two and a Half Men"?:
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a319288/ashton-kutcher-to-replace-charlie-sheen-on-men.html

I just came to post that. I think it could work. The truth is that no matter who they pick, there is no guarantee the show will work without Sheen. I think numbers will be HUGE at first but will viewers stay around? Kutcher seems as a good a shot as anyone and he is a lot better to look at than Sheen.

musicgurl
05-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I watched Parenthood once more a while back when I heard that Michael Emerson from Lost would be guesting on it. And he was good, but I still wasn't drawn in to keep watching.

See my edit above re Longmire, musicgurl, I think I was editing while you were posting.

I watched the pilot of Parenthood, but decided it's on at the same time as The Good Wife, which is a much, much better show. It wasn't worth watching, anyway.

I need to watch The Good Wife. I've been a fan of Julianna Margulies since ER. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I will once I finish Firefly next week though.

genevieve
05-13-2011, 06:30 AM
I watched 1 episode of Parenthood, when The Good wife wasn't back on after xmas break. Lauren Graham is the reason I do not watch the show. Her character is insufferable. I can't help but wonder if the show would be better with Maura Tierney, who was originally cast in that role.

Oh, I did watch part of the post-car crash episode as well. It's not just Lauren Graham - I felt like I was watching a PG version of Brothers and Sisters (which I loathe). :scream:

sk8pics
05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I like Parenthood a lot, although the mother of the kid with Asperger's drives me crazy.

soxxy
05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
It sounds like CBS is trying to renew "Two and a Half Men". They're in casting for Sheen's replacement. They want to have that casting done by May 18th, their upfront presentation. TV Week said that they'd been looking at Hugh Grant, but talks fell through (sigh). They're looking for an actor at that level - movie star.

There are several news reports that Ashton Kutcher may have been signed to replace Charlie. Ashton tweeted:

what's the square root of 6.25?

According to Deadline Hollywood, it's a "done deal."

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/ashton-kutcher-on-two-and-a-half-men/

Norlite
05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
NBC picks up: SMASH, PRIME SUSPECT, AWAKE, PLAYBOY, UP ALL NIGHT, GRIMM, and WHITNEY.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbc-adds-pilot-orders-awake-187564
I can wait to see SMASH, everyone who saw the pilot is raving about it. The Return of Debra Messing, yeahhh!!!

And they passed on Wonder Woman so all the :drama: over the new costume was for naught.

Buzz
05-13-2011, 01:27 PM
I thoguht the new Wonder Woman was going to be a movie?

ks777
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
There are several news reports that Ashton Kutcher may have been signed to replace Charlie. Ashton tweeted:

According to Deadline Hollywood, it's a "done deal."

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/ashton-kutcher-on-two-and-a-half-men/

Ashton Kutcher is offically replacing Charlie Sheen.

Rex
05-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Glad to see the original leads back for the last season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Special Victims seems so sluggish and stale - hopefully next week's season finale will shake things up a bit.

Beefcake
05-13-2011, 05:00 PM
This makes me smile, because these three stars deserve sitcom success and because we all deserve to have them weekly on our televisions! I hope that it's on Thursdays so that I will remember to give it a try.

Up All Night, one of the most-talked-about pilots of the season, stars Christina Applegate as a witty working mother who provides a unique perspective of parenthood through her point of view. Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph also co-star in Emily Spivey’s comedy.

This one, OTOH :shuffle: ... I've never heard Whitney do anything but talk dirty. Hilariously dirty. Inappropriately dirty. She's undeniably talented (and hot!), though, so it'll be interesting to see how they'll work it out.

Stand-up comedian Whitney Cummings stars in Andy Ackerman’s Whitney, a comedy centering on a young couple enduring the ups and downs of a committed relationship.

Artemis@BC
05-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I thought Parenthood was much better in season 1 than season 2. Ditto for Community -- although their "theme episodes" this year have been quite brilliant (e.g., D&D, My Dinner with Andre, Paintball II). But I'm glad both have been renewed and will have a chance to get over their sophmore slumps.

Not sure why all the hate for Breaking In. It was no masterpiece, and I'm not mourning its loss, but it was no worse than some of the other shows on the air that pass for comedy. I continue to be baffled by the acclaim for Hot in Cleveland, for example. And Cougartown? :confused:

genevieve
05-13-2011, 05:26 PM
And they passed on Wonder Woman so all the :drama: over the new costume was for naught.
that just makes me :rofl:

Glad to see that network execs do have the ability to know a total stinker when they see it (sometimes).

it's too bad, because I think there could be a WW remake that works - but EVERYTHING about this version sucked.

Rex
05-13-2011, 06:17 PM
That poor actress; they made a fool of her for nothing.