PDA

View Full Version : US TV Season 2011-2012 - New, Renew, Cancel, Oh My!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

jamesy
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I feel like Fox cancelled half their lineup this spring. My Twitter feed was going bonkers last night with all that news breaking around the same time. :eek:
I noticed that, too. It looked they had way more cancelled shows than other networks so far. Sadly, though, my favorite shows on Fox are the Sunday night cartoons and they are all safe. :lol:

oleada
05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I enjoy the entire ABC sitcom lineup, minus The Middle. "Better With You" is my nice little show I watch while making dinner. A Better With You/Modern Family/Cougartown/Happy Endings/Mr. Sunshine lineup would make me quite pleased.

Me too, except for Mr. Sunshine (don't watch it).

sk8sue
05-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Well, I was going to say that I only ended up continuing to watch two new shows all through the season, being Raising Hope and Mr. Sunshine (and I think that I still have an episode or two of Mr. Sunshine waiting on my recorder), but then I realized reading above that I forgot about Outsourced, which I'll watch when it comes on after 30 Rock and then never think about at any other time, and I'll admit to a little bit of a guilty pleasure in watching $#*! My Dad Says which is on the "not looking so good" list. Again, I probably would forget about it if it weren't coming on after The Big Bang Theory.

Raising Hope is probably the only one of the shows that were new this season that I'd really miss if it were gone next season, so I'm glad that it's already been renewed and I have to thank the posters here for the recommendations that got me to watch it.

The Big Bang Theory (renewed) was sort of new to me as this was the first season that I watched it regularly instead of occasionally and I caught up with previous episodes quickly since (I believe) it was starting syndication last fall and CTV certainly paid a lot of attention to promoting it, having the actors on Canada AM, etalk, and Innerspace over on Space. With the end of Lost, this became probably my favourite U.S. scripted show, so I'm glad that it was renewed.

In British/PBS tv, Sherlock has been in rehearsals (http://twitpic.com/4vx025) for a second series this week and will start filming next week to be shown on the bbc in the autumn.:cheer:

ks777
05-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I loved Better with You - it's very clever and sweet.

Community isn't on the list, I hope it's safe - it's one of my faves.

yeah I actually like "Better with you" also! I watch "Middle" and "better with you" on Wed. night. I watched "V" one episode and it was horrible. V was my favorite show growing up and I was so disappointed when I watched the show.

shan
05-13-2011, 01:35 AM
That's okay, I'll be the only one mourning Better With You. I think it's a cute show :shuffle:

I really enjoy that show. I also like The Middle. Poor Sue... :scream:

millipied
05-13-2011, 01:57 AM
NBC picks up: SMASH, PRIME SUSPECT, AWAKE, PLAYBOY, UP ALL NIGHT, GRIMM, and WHITNEY.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbc-adds-pilot-orders-awake-187564
I can wait to see SMASH, everyone who saw the pilot is raving about it. The Return of Debra Messing, yeahhh!!!

love skating
05-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Community isn't on the list, I hope it's safe - it's one of my faves.

Community and Parks & Rec both were renewed early. So no worries. I love Community too, and Parks & Rec is my favorite sitcom.

musicgurl
05-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Really ? WOW.
With great shows like Stargate or BSG, I don't get smallville at all.

Smallville had the advantage of being on a network where even bad ratings are better than no ratings at all. Otherwise it would have been cancelled after season 6 or 7. Which IMO it probably should have been. Fortunately the show did improve by the time season 9 started. Quality wise it is going out much better than it would have been if it ended between season 6-8.

Does anyone know when A & E will be announcing there line up? I'm really interested in Longmire. It's looking like a sci-fi actors haven with Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips and Cassidy Freeman.

sk8sue
05-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Another good source for finding out the status of all kinds of current tv programs in the U.S. is The Futon Critic (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/).

Parenthood and Harry's Law have been renewed by NBC. Both were shows I was originally interested in, but neither ended up really drawing me in to watch regularly.

ETA A&E has an upfront announcement posted (http://www.aetv.com/news/a-e-network-2011-upfront-announcement-17176484) from May 4 that lists Longmire in the category of "drama series development". p.s. I love your sig, musicgurl.

musicgurl
05-13-2011, 02:40 AM
I watch Parenthood strictly for Lauren Graham. If for any reason she ever leaves the show I'll stop watching. I don't find it compelling enough on it's own and some of the characters annoy me way more than is reasonable. But I like Lauren Graham so I keep watching.

sk8sue
05-13-2011, 02:57 AM
I watched Parenthood once more a while back when I heard that Michael Emerson from Lost would be guesting on it. And he was good, but I still wasn't drawn in to keep watching.

See my edit above re Longmire, musicgurl, I think I was editing while you were posting.

oleada
05-13-2011, 03:00 AM
I watched the pilot of Parenthood, but decided it's on at the same time as The Good Wife, which is a much, much better show. It wasn't worth watching, anyway.

jeffisjeff
05-13-2011, 03:37 AM
Yeah, The Good Wife definitely beat out Parenthood for me. I tried to manage both for the first season, but couldn't be bothered with Parenthood this season.

An American remake of Prime Suspect? Very interesting! I will give it a try, but am skeptical. I wonder if they'll borrow story lines from the original? Kind of like L&O UK in reverse?

millipied
05-13-2011, 03:39 AM
An American remake of Prime Suspect? Very interesting! I will give it a try, but am skeptical. I wonder if they'll borrow story lines from the original? Kind of like L&O UK in reverse?

I am also sceptical. Bello is good actress but she has pretty big shoes to fill. IMO, nobody can top Helen Mirren in that part.

oleada
05-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Someone please tell me that they saw tonight's episode of Bones. Did they or didn't they? They better explain next week!