PDA

View Full Version : Morosov and Ando to marry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

galaxy
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
it is my understanding from what I've read here at FSU, that Russia has a thriving tabloid press industry that prints innuendos of untrue gossip on a regular basis.

I remain skeptical until proven wrong.

Just like a Japanese tabloid magazine just reported Mao and Dai are dating.:lol:

However, I wouldn't be so much surprised if they really got married. They often seem like they feel comfortable with each other and relaxed when they are together.

danceronice
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh my gosh, jealous. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's it, we're all jealous over the guy that sleeps with anyone and anything that'll hold still long enough! Who wouldn't want that?

Lol, no kidding! I mean, yeah, he's not the worst-looking Russian man I've ever seen, but how would you know where he's BEEN? And a classic example of what my Russian roommate's Russian mother warned us both (though where she thought we'd run into Russain men in southwest Virginia I don't know): "Stay away from Russian men! They're trouble!"

aliceanne
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm just curious, is divorce difficult in Russia? I've heard that in some communist/former communist countries it is not. Maybe Zhulin and Morozov don't go into it with the 'until death do we part' mentality. Morozov married Navka for citizenship, Zhulin claimed he married Usova so they could get a nicer apartment. Zhulin and Navka don't seem too concerned about whether their marriage lasts or not.

Admitting you got married for convenience would be a big scandal for a U.S. skater.

quiqie
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I believe she married Morozov for his citizenship issue in order to be able to compete in the 1998 Olympics. Since the partnership dissolved after that season, probably so did the marriage. Maybe she started dated Zhulin while still married to Morozov. But it was a marriage on paper, and even if it weren't - who cares if Morozov's wife cheats on him? ;)
Navka also married Kostomarov for Russian citizenship.

Asli
05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Zhulin and Navka don't seem too concerned about whether their marriage lasts or not.

I hope not! Zhulin is already re-married to Natalya Mikhailova, isn't he?

beepbeep
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
:watch:
We can always trust the Russian brown press for some amusement...

Ajax
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Navka also married Kostomarov for Russian citizenship.

Huh? Wasn't she already married to Zhulin when she skated with Kostomarov??

I'm loving all the juicy gossip in this thread :watch:

euterpe
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Navka was never married to Kostomarov.

skatingfan5
05-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Navka was never married to Kostomarov.And Kostomarov is one person who was never married to Morosov. :P

ltnskater
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Michelle Kwan. :slinkaway

millipied
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
And Kostomarov is one person who was never married to Morosov. :P

Katsalapov will change that.:lol:

OliviaPug
05-12-2011, 05:24 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth ...

(Hope this is just post-season BS)

O-

aliceanne
05-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I've always wondered why Morozov didn't hit on Arakawa. She is the most beautiful of the women skaters IMO.

skatingfan5
05-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I've always wondered why Morozov didn't hit on Arakawa. She is the most beautiful of the women skaters IMO.Maybe he did -- and she had enough good sense to :kickass: him.

aka_gerbil
05-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I believe she married Morozov for his citizenship issue in order to be able to compete in the 1998 Olympics. Since the partnership dissolved after that season, probably so did the marriage. Maybe she started dated Zhulin while still married to Morozov. But it was a marriage on paper, and even if it weren't - who cares if Morozov's wife cheats on him? ;)

If the stories are true, Navka and Zhulin started out before he divorced Usova. I think the Navka/Morozov was a paper-only marriage for citizenship purposes.