PDA

View Full Version : Morosov and Ando to marry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Asli
05-18-2011, 03:10 AM
starting a family with morozov is like starting a retirement account with a loan shark.

Indeed, with Morozov a family ends as soon as it starts.

ks777
05-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Is she taking a year off to marry and start a family?

Not that I know of.

Yvy
05-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I seriously doubt we will see Miki Ando compete on this level again. She had a storybook ending to her career in Moscow, coming out on top over Olympic champion Yu-Na Kim and giving the emotionally battered Japanese people a reason to smile (if only temporarily), and she's a 2-time World Champion. Yes, anything can happen, but I really don't see an Olympic medal in her future and there would be no point in trying for another Olympics if the possibility to medal is not there. Very few skaters have a successful 3rd Olympics; most have their worst result at that point in their careers.

Plushenko won the silver in his 3d Olys. And was the only one who executed a 4+3 both in his SP and LP.

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Plushenko won the silver in his 3d Olys. And was the only one who executed a 4+3 both in his SP and LP.
Which, scarily, was the worst result in his career.

Iceman
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
two skaters, one male and one female, have won three gold medals at the Olympics.
Maybe Ando could manage to win her first, but I think coming back from a year off is going to be quite hard, as Morozov himself says it is hard to get her to practice.

liv
05-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Who's the male skater who won 3 olympic gold? My mind is blank

skatingfan5
05-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Who's the male skater who won 3 olympic gold? My mind is blankSwedish skater Gillis Grafström, who won gold in 1920, 1924, and 1928.

Fashionista
05-18-2011, 07:23 PM
two skaters, one male and one female, have won three gold medals at the Olympics.

There're actually three of them. One male and two female.

skatingfan5
05-18-2011, 07:26 PM
There're actually three of them. One male and two female.Irina Rodnina often gets overlooked.

liv
05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I remembered Irina first and then Sonja Henie... it was just him i couldn't recall at all.

Civic
05-19-2011, 02:02 AM
I have no idea if this is true or not. But if it is, I really wish Miki well. She seems like a nice person and she'd be Wife #4 (all skaters) and as I've seen over the years, women kid themselves into "I'll be special - he'll be different with me" - no, it'll be the same and he'll go down the same road he's been down before.
Morozov has been married three times!?!:yikes: I know about the French ice dancer and Shae-Lyn Bourne. Who was the third wife?

Edited to add: How did I not know that Tatiana Navka was once married to Nikolai Morozov? And I call myself a figure skating fan.:slinkaway When were DivaNavka and Morozov married? She was already pregnant by Zhulin when I saw them in the lobby of a Washington, D.C. hotel the night of the 1999 World Professional Figure Skating Competition.

Japanfan
05-19-2011, 02:11 AM

That was in 2002. I don't think he was at either the 98 or 94 Olympics.

Proustable
05-19-2011, 02:47 AM

Proustable
05-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Elvis Stoijko was second at his third Olympics (1998).

Shizuka Arakawa only went to two Olympics, but the second was eight years after the first, and she won gold.

Pang/Tong had their best results at their third Olympics (2010, silver). Shen/Zhao had their best results at their fourth (2010, gold).

Drobiazko/Vanagas's third Olympics (1998) were their best at that point. Their fourth and fifth Olympics were better. I consider them honorary medalists from SLC, because "Quleque Cris" deserved it.

Lloyd Eisler got his first Olympic medal at his third Olympics. He got his second at his fourth.

Chen Lu won bronze at her third Olympics, which equalled her best Olympic medal. Plus she's awesome.

If Miki Ando has the competitive drive to Sochi, and improves her presentation the way she did this year, I look forward to it.

Civic
05-19-2011, 03:04 AM
...But ultimately, didn't the affair cause Dubova to exile G/P? This brought them to Tarasova, and then TAT worked her politicial magic.

From what I've read (interviews with Oksana Grishuk, Evgeny Platov and Gennady Karponosov), Dubova was very close to Maya Usova and favored she and Zhulin over her other dance teams. This resulted in Klimova/Ponomorenko leaving her. When Dubova learned of Grishuk's affair with Zhulin, she kicked her out of her group and planned to find Platov a new partner. Grishuk convinced Platov to leave Dubova and give their partnership another chance. Years later, Platov admitted that Grishuk deserved the credit for getting them out of a bad coaching situation. He had been afraid to cross Dubova but Grishuk convinced him it was worth the risk.