PDA

View Full Version : Morosov and Ando to marry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

ks777
05-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Oh, they were together at one point, too - the year she one world's I think.

At any rate, I heard that Miki got together with Javier Fernandez of Spain at this year's world's. Also, with Russia's recent expulsion of all non-russian skaters, Miki has to find a new coach (OR marry a russian citizen I guess?).

Are you sure about that?

WayCon
05-17-2011, 05:30 AM
... Also, with Russia's recent expulsion of all non-russian skaters....

Expulsion? That's not really the case, is it?

TAHbKA
05-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Right, so Ando marries Morozov, gets a Russian citizenship, starts representing Russia, beats all the wonder babies, gets to the Olympics, wins it (so do KawaSmi) and we have 2 Japanese skaters getting 2 golds for Russia! NOW it all makes sense!

aliceanne
05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
The Olympics would be a long haul for Miki. Not that she's an old hag or anything, but that is a lot of wear and tear on the body and she's been competing at a high level for a looong time. Not too many people have been successful with the "take some time off" thing before the Olympics either. They usually get bypassed by the younger generation.

I wonder if she's worried that if she retires Morozov will forget about her. What is depressing about her relationship with him is her body language off the ice. She doesn't look happy or confident.

Perky Shae Lynn
05-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I wonder if she's worried that if she retires Morozov will forget about her. What is depressing about her relationship with him is her body language off the ice. She doesn't look happy or confident.
I wouldn't read anything into her body language. People have different personalities - some are shy, insecure and sensitive regardless of whom they are in a relationship with. Ando and Morozov do seem to be extraordinarily close. Other then that, it's hard to tell what's going on there. :shuffle:

aliceanne
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't read anything into her body language. People have different personalities - some are shy, insecure and sensitive regardless of whom they are in a relationship with. Ando and Morozov do seem to be extraordinarily close. Other then that, it's hard to tell what's going on there. :shuffle:

I didn't mean to say that he was making her miserable, just that he doesn't seem to be making her happy (if that makes sense). She seemed extremely flat to me at Worlds. She did win afterall, even introverts get excited.

It's not his responsibility to give her a life, but I have to wonder if she is in a rut and is afraid to move on because she doesn't know anything but skating. But I am probably transposing my own feelings onto her.

Ajax
05-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I didn't mean to say that he was making her miserable, just that he doesn't seem to be making her happy (if that makes sense). She seemed extremely flat to me at Worlds. She did win afterall, even introverts get excited.

I wouldn't read much into that, remember she was competing for a country that recently had a devastating natural disaster and which was originally supposed to hold the championship. That can't have been easy.

alilou
05-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Also apparently around that time (don't know exact chronology) her dog died. Apparently she was pretty devastated by that.

barbk
05-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Also apparently around that time (don't know exact chronology) her dog died. Apparently she was pretty devastated by that.

Must resist thinking that she just traded one dog for another. Must. :shuffle:

Jammers
05-17-2011, 06:48 PM
:lol:

JamieSix
05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Prediction:

Ando-wife number 4
Ilinykh-wife number 5

Now that I/K are moving to Morozov, this doesn't seem very far away... :scream:

dinakt
05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
There is a little bit in a Russian article about I/K, stating that Miki will be Morozov's assistant coach for singles next year; that she would skip competing next season, but will train for Olympics.
Don't know how accurate it is, but it was a respectable, fact- based newspaper.

museksk8r
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
There is a little bit in a Russian article about I/K, stating that Miki will be Morozov's assistant coach for singles next year; that she would skip competing next season, but will train for Olympics.
Don't know how accurate it is, but it was a respectable, fact- based newspaper.

I seriously doubt we will see Miki Ando compete on this level again. She had a storybook ending to her career in Moscow, coming out on top over Olympic champion Yu-Na Kim and giving the emotionally battered Japanese people a reason to smile (if only temporarily), and she's a 2-time World Champion. Yes, anything can happen, but I really don't see an Olympic medal in her future and there would be no point in trying for another Olympics if the possibility to medal is not there. Very few skaters have a successful 3rd Olympics; most have their worst result at that point in their careers.

Iceman
05-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Is she taking a year off to marry and start a family?

Coco
05-18-2011, 03:07 AM
starting a family with morozov is like starting a retirement account with a loan shark.