PDA

View Full Version : "Patrick Chan returns triumphant, rejuvenated"

Pages : 1 [2]

Japanfan
05-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Understood, but "rejuvenated" means "made young again." If he got much younger, he'd have to go back to juniors. :)

It also means "to be restored to a former state", which would apply here - the former state being 'rested and ready to start training'.

Aussie Willy
05-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Music sounded like Lawrence of Arabia or something like that...

Ooo me loves Lawrence of Arabia :swoon:. And I can see Chan skating to that.

lovelikelatte
05-18-2011, 05:47 AM
That is really sweet. Nice to see a young boy who is such a fan. Maybe many years from now that kid will be a skater who was inspired by him.

I know who that kid is, actually. He's a really good skater already and I truly believe that with the right support and coaching, he can be as good as (or better than!) Patrick.

tangerine_dream
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Rejuvenated? The kid is 20 years old. How rejuvenated does he need to get? :lol: Nice article, thanks.

When you train at that level from age 10 or under, a 20 year old body is more like a 35-40 year old body full of healed and not-so-healed injuries.

Sylvia
07-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Brief article: http://www.examiner.com/ice-skating-in-colorado-springs/world-figure-skating-champion-patrick-chan-is-honored-colorado-springs

On Wednesday evening, June 29, 2011, local figure skaters and their familes, coaches, and ice skating fans gathered at the Colorado Springs World Arena to celebrate his victory. Many showed up wearing Canadian red and white colors in support of Chan.

It was posted in the Japan Open thread yesterday that Chan is one of the invited skaters (Team North America) for that pro-am competition on October 1, 2011.

taf2002
07-02-2011, 05:35 PM
:cheer2: He's amazing. I just loved his 'Phantom of the Opera' LP.

That's good since he skated it for 2 seasons. :P

j/k, it was really impressive at Worlds.