PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Tips for DC!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Marge_Simpson
06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Enjoyed my dementedness, more likely!
I am not happy to be returning home, but I get to see my sex god on Friday, so I have something to look forward to in NYC.

Rob
06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Troll ballet was fun. I thought they could have perhaps combined the first 2acts Into one but then they might not be able to fly both fab sets. They lack of dancing got a little ZzZ at times but when they did dance,the technique was great. And I agree it was charming and pretty funny.
KC does have costume exhibits all the time. I liked the history exhibit too. I don't always see that.

dbell1
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Work plans to send me to DC this summer to train people. I've already objected to the hotel they want to put me at. :lol: Plan to make a mini vacation out of it. I can't wait! I'm thinking night monument tour for the first time ever and Chinatown again. And of course, lunch at the American Indian Museum - if Marge left me any desserts? ;)

Marge_Simpson
06-13-2011, 01:35 AM
The Hotel Rouge is fab. I spent more than I normally would have spent on a hotel room, but this was my birthday trip so I said what the hell.
The rooms are v. funky and they have a wine reception in the lobby every evening.
My minibar contained a mini-mall as well, with the usual assortment of candy bars and nuts and gourmet snacks. It also had a "love kit" (condoms and lubricant), "oral mints" (I probably don't want to know what those are) and a pair of wax lips. :lol:
Now, I can understand having an attack of the munchies and buying a chocolate bar, or needing the condoms for an amourous encounter.
But why on earth would anyone staying in a hotel suddenly have an urgent need for wax lips?

I left plenty of sweets, dbell, and I also recommend the frybread.