PDA

View Full Version : USFSA, PSA Announce 2011 Coach of the Year Nominees

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

VALuvsMKwan
05-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Who the f*** are you? Your username is "dupagegal," so you're from the Illinois area, like Ade herself? That's interesting. Sounds like a great opportunity to trash someone you don't like, to me.

Based on her posting history, this one doesn't like Tanith either, to put it mildly. How did she manage to offend you - outskate your daughter somehow?

just wondering
05-27-2011, 10:18 PM
This thread is not the first time this member has made disparaging comments about Kori. I have met Kori and know several skaters who have found their lessons with her extremely helpful. And, yes, these lessons included jumps. Clearly there is more to the snipping than we know; reads like insecurity to me.

Sparks
05-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Kori is a wonderful example of the future of coaches. I find her great and genuine.

chipso1
05-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Based on her posting history, this one doesn't like Tanith either, to put it mildly. How did she manage to offend you - outskate your daughter somehow?

dupagegal doesn't like anybody. Her tone in every thread is extremely negative.

Good thing FSU has the "ignore" option. :cool:

dinakt
05-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Ahh I wouldn't go that far. She has been lucky with the talent she came across, I would say manager of the year because she is good at getting other people to help her with her students. Coaching actually requires you to know something about stuff like jumps.

:blah:
Have you taught anybody extensively? Or been taught?
A huge percentage of mentoring somebody young consists of pacing them, helping them find their individuality and not killing their love for the subject (sport, music, whatever). If on top of that a person can ask advice from people who know better and not let ego get in the way- that person learns, the student learns, everybody wins. If your complaints about Kori is that she could recognize the talent when she saw it, guided it wisely and asked others to help when she could not, putting the student first- well, the developmental coach award is right in front of my eyes.

Somebody else also might be deserving; but the point is your "criticism" only compliments what Kori did.

Sylvia
05-28-2011, 11:08 PM
OK, I've heard unofficially that Kori Ade won USFS/PSA's Developmental Coach of the Year award. In addition to coaching Jason Brown to an impressive 9th place Senior debut at Nationals (and a 7th place finish at Junior Worlds), another student of hers, Jordan Moeller, won the Novice Men's silver medal.

ETA: And Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva reportedly did win the Coach of the Year award, as expected. :)

kwanette
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
OK, I've heard unofficially that Kori Ade won USFS/PSA's Developmental Coach of the Year award. In addition to coaching Jason Brown to an impressive 9th place Senior debut at Nationals (and a 7th place finish at Junior Worlds), another student of hers, Jordan Moeller, won the Novice Men's silver medal.

ETA: And Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva reportedly did win the Coach of the Year award, as expected. :)

Good for Kori!:)

And well deserved for Igor and Marina..

manleywoman
05-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Agreed on both counts!!

kittyjake5
05-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks Sylvia. Well deserved recognition for excellent work this season.
Congrats!

AJ Skatefan
05-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Hooray for Kori! I was hoping Yuka and Jason would win but Igor and Marina do deserve it.

madm
05-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Anybody know who received the Choreographer of the Year Award and the Sports Science Award?

Jenna
05-29-2011, 01:54 AM
KORI! :cheer2:

And Marina and Igor, the obvious choices. :cheer2:

Cheylana
05-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Very well deserved on all accounts! :)

LadyGray
05-29-2011, 03:17 AM
Hooray for Kori! I was hoping Yuka and Jason would win but Igor and Marina do deserve it.

Oh, yeah, I'd have loved for it to go to Yuka and Jason, too, but I can see the obvious argument for Igor and Marina.

FigureSpins
05-29-2011, 06:39 AM

I can confirm Kori Ade's and S&Z's awards.

I listed the award winners that I could remember here:
http://skatingforums2.com/index.php/topic,1774.0.html