PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn, Brigitte....Gaga?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cachoo
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
We in the Western world do seem to have a fascination with certain iconic blonds. Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot are certainly have iconic status imo. Who would you include?

Skittl1321
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Madonna?
Britney? (Though I wonder if she'll stand the test of time. I think Madonna will...)

(I don't know who Brigitte Bardot is, but if she's Marilyn Monroe's contemporary, that could explain why)

BigB08822
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I think the most recent person who fits the mold of bombshell actress is Angelina Jolie but she isn't a blonde.

The names mentioned as coming before were thought of as being so beautiful. I am not sure Madonna fits that category. She is pretty and there is nothing offensive about her looks but she has never been famous for her good looks. Britney has been known for her looks but they don't stand out now that she is out of puberty and she has no talent to fall back on. We all know she can't sing and now she doesn't even dance.

Jackie Sparrow
05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
If you're looking for blonde bombshells then I agree re Marylin and BB.
This is not what Gaga is famous for and I doubt she'll be around anymore in a couple of years.
I wouldn't call Madonna a bombshell.
Spears is lacking class to ever be put in the same category with MM and BB (or Madonna for that matter).

gkelly
05-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Are you looking for "bombshell" or "iconic blonde"?

In response to the first post, Grace Kelly came to my mind. ;)

Cyn
05-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Jean Harlow…..the first iconic blonde.

Satellitegirl
05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Charlize Theron

Jenny
05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
In the past many women seem to have chosen a single look with features that became their signatures, which I think helped turn them into icons.

Madonna has changed all that - by regularly transforming her appearance (including hair colour) and stage persona, she may not have an iconic look but may still be considered iconic, because of her career success and longevity and status as a trendsetter.

In other words, I don't imagine too many women nowadays will stick to a look long enough to have the same enduring presence as Marilyn or Elizabeth Taylor.

Totally agree that Lady Gaga likely won't last btw - she might continue to make music and perform, but it feels like her megastar status is already waning.

Also, if we are talking talent, I'm not sure Marilyn or Brigitte belong on the list any more than Britney.

taf2002
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
IMO the person whose picture needs to be next to the definition of blonde bombshell is Jayne Mansfield. (If you don't know who she is, she was Mariska Hargitay's mother.

Karina1974
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I think the most recent person who fits the mold of bombshell actress is Angelina Jolie but she isn't a blonde.

Well, neither are Marilyn and Madonna, or anyone woman with "white-blonde" hair for that matter.

Cachoo
05-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Are you looking for "bombshell" or "iconic blonde"?

In response to the first post, Grace Kelly came to my mind. ;)

I was thinking about iconic blond more than bombshell and I forgot about Grace. Love her.:cool: Gaga made me think of it but it was Paris Hilton who (a few years ago) said she believed she is/was an iconic blonde and that every generation seems to have their own icon. I can't put Paris in that group.

VALuvsMKwan
05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Don't forget Betty Grable prior to Marilyn - the blonde pinup queen of the 1940's (with Rita Hayworth as the redhead and Jane Russell as the brunette).

Badams
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Gwen Stefani has old Hollywood, blonde bombshell looks, but I don't know about her being iconic.

PeterG
05-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Brad Pitt (http://www.topnewhairstyles.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/d3066_brad_pitt_10.jpg) :grope:

Britney has been known for her looks but they don't stand out now that she is out of puberty and she has no talent to fall back on. We all know she can't sing and now she doesn't even dance.

Urban Legend. Britney was a better vocalist at ten years of age than people twice her age on American Idol:

Britney Singing Live On Star Search (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UM4fJ_UFMI)

topaz
05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Jean Harlow…..the first iconic blonde.

The original Blonde Bombshell. I'm a huge Harlow fan.