PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Bradley has officially retired from competitive skating (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

personwhoishere
05-12-2011, 04:47 AM
:( I will miss his programs. He's always been someone I looked forward to seeing at nationals every year. Always came up with something unique and fun. :)

Allskate
05-12-2011, 05:28 AM
I think SOI would be crazy not to add him. He's perfect for them.

judgejudy27
05-12-2011, 05:48 AM
He will be a fantastic show skater. He has it all- jumps, charisma, joy of skating. I hope SOI will sign him.

Yes I really hope he becomes a mainstay on the SOI cast too!

numbers123
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Bittersweet :wuzrobbed Would be cool if he can keep up his skills and do a quad on his birthday every year like Joe Sabovcik.

I'm glad Ryan came back this year and got a National title. Great ending to his competitive career. I've always enjoyed his attitude and sense of fun, and wish him all the best as he starts the next stage of his career.

^^^^
This! Ryan has been one of my favorite skaters since 2000. Always entertaining and I will miss his big smiles at US Nationals.

Polymer Bob
05-12-2011, 09:11 PM
I wish Ryan all the best. I hope he does well. :encore:

snoopysnake
05-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Good for Ryan! I was so happy for him about Nationals this year and look forward to his show skating career. Now he will really be able to go all out and entertain.

REO
05-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I'll miss his competitive programs because that's when I got to see him most frequently! But everyone is right. He would be the quintessential show skater. I'd rather watch his infectious smile and the sheer joy he shows when skating than any high tech program by someone with no visible personality. We'll miss you Ryan but never stop skating!!

Sylvia
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Universal Sports' interview with Ryan: http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=533254.html#ryan+bradley+talks+retirement+f uture+u+s+mens+figure+skating

aftershocks
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
:lol:

UnivSpts: So you're retired ...

Ryan B: I'm moving into a senior citizens' community real soon

Love Ryan's responses! He has a great perspective. I love how he came back from the quad mishaps in his lp at Nats. I've always loved watching him skate ... that's why it was hard seeing him not bring his usual charisma to his programs at Worlds. Maybe he put too much pressure on himself to skate cleanly (which he accomplished, but without much spark), and the venue did not work the best for his programs [not enough excitement and energy from the audience about his programs, which he feeds off].

In any case, I was thrilled for Ryan when he won Nationals. I remember when I first saw him at 2000 Nationals, with his long legs, ear-to-ear smile, and infectious enthusiasm. I kinda missed him when he wasn't as prominent at Nats as the years progressed. I never forgot him, and I was so happy when he had his collegiate wins and then stuck with it to eventually win silver at Nats and go to Worlds twice -- and now for a third time as U.S. National champion. He will always have the National championship medal and memories to savor and be proud of. He should hold his head high and have no regrets!!!

I say this and still wish Ryan had focused more on ballet training at some point [males and ballet = beauty, grace, power] -- he might have developed more stretch and flexibility, and IMO could have further improved his spins, positions, and the overall artistic side of his skating -- he certainly has already got the long legs, the charisma, feel for the music, and ability to project to the audience.

Kudos to Ryan and to his many fans who encouraged him to come back for an exhilarating Nationals experience and the opportunity to compete once again on the world stage.

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=533256.html?

Love that Ryan thinks Abbott will 'kill it' next season. Ryan is a showman, a sportsman, and a gentleman with a heart of gold. I love his positive, upbeat attitude. He could star in a sitcom entitled, Everybody Loves Ryan! He'd also be a great pick for Dancing with the Stars.

REO
05-14-2011, 04:14 AM
OMG He'd be so great at DWTS. I never thought of that but he'd kill!

ryanbfan
05-14-2011, 04:29 AM
:( I love Ryan so much (obviously) and am sad to see him go but I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he chooses to do :)

alilou
05-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Ryan Bradley talks retirement and future of U.S. men's figure skating
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=533254.html

Bradley: Abbott's going to 'kill it' next season
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=533256.html?