PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

overedge
05-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Thank you for saying this. ITA, it would be harmful and counterproductive.

I doubt that she would do it too. But harmful and counterproductive to who? I think Arnold was the one being harmful and counterproductive by boinking other women during his marriage.

duane
05-18-2011, 01:39 AM
When they were promoting the film (actually not a bad film with a great theme song), Arnold waxed poetic about how beautiful he thought Vanessa was. At the time, I just dismissed it as someone else who was bowled over by 'Nessa's great beauty. But a couple of years later I started hearing stuff.
This reminds me of the interviews that Vanessa had while promoting the movie. I remember her talking of how there were no "conflicts" or "innuendos" (I think those were her words) between her and Arnold because they were "both married and knew it".

Things that make you go hmmmm....

soxxy
05-18-2011, 01:57 AM
I doubt that she would do it too. But harmful and counterproductive to who? I think Arnold was the one being harmful and counterproductive by boinking other women during his marriage.

I was referring specifically to this comment:

For her children's sake, I doubt that Maria would publicly trash Arnold.

It would be harmful/hurtful to the children. I think it's never a good idea to trash the other spouse in a very public way. This is not to say that I don't think Arnold is a jerk (and more).

topaz
05-18-2011, 02:10 AM
I more I hear about this, I"m more convinced that people will put up with anything for the sake of money, security, public opinion and kids.

Maybe they had an open marriage. If she was aware of this and didn't condone it then she accepted it, plain and simple.

Now I"m wondering did Maria have a man on the side? I know the hell I would have.

Anita18
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM
It would be harmful/hurtful to the children. I think it's never a good idea to trash the other spouse in a very public way. This is not to say that I don't think Arnold is a jerk (and more).
Absolutely. It's best to minimize the drama. Or at least not add to it.

I have relatives who are going through a very ugly custody battle right now. The father (who my mom thinks is the better/more loving parent even though he's not blood-related) wants sole custody and to name the mother (my mom's cousin) as an unfit parent. There's A LOT of :drama: if you accuse someone of that. It's gotten up to the point where the older college-age child refuses to be in the same room with her mother. :shuffle:

Whereas my bf's parents divorced when he was young, there was no drama or accusations, his mom remarried, and everyone comes together for a big family dinner together at Thanksgiving. Even my mom was impressed at the kumbaya when I told her about it. :lol:

WindSpirit
05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
The former employee named as the mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1388212/Mother-Arnold-Schwarzeneggers-lovechild-revealed.html)

As it happens so often, the mistress has nothing on the wife/girlfriend.

Anita18
05-18-2011, 08:07 AM
The former employee named as the mother of Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1388212/Mother-Arnold-Schwarzeneggers-lovechild-revealed.html)

Well um, she does have pretty sizeable assets. :shuffle:

And I don't think men cheat on hotter women as a rule. They cheat because they'd be in a place of power.

I'm a little :o that she's paid twice as much as I (and all the other grad students) am though.

Anita18
05-18-2011, 08:12 AM
It also seems that the children have taken Maria's side. The Daily Mail article says two of them have changed their last names to Shriver on their Twitter profile. Good for them. I hope that hurts Arnold. He's disappointed all of them immensely.

heckles
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
And I don't think men cheat on hotter women as a rule. They cheat because they'd be in a place of power.

You can feed some people filet mignon every night and they'd still sneak out for a Big Mac.

my little pony
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM

wow, sorry but that's one hot mess

and i don't think blurring the kid's face is concealing his identity to anyone who knows them, i feel really sorry for him

Civic
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I always thought Maria could have done better than Ahnold. Now, I know she could have.

agalisgv
05-18-2011, 09:52 AM
and i don't think blurring the kid's face is concealing his identity to anyone who knows them, i feel really sorry for him My thoughts exactly---poor kid :(

Rex
05-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I LOVE Bobby Kennedy. He had true convictions and motives. And, I've read countless books on the Kennedys, and it appears to be true that he was committed and faithful to Ethel (hell, they had 20 thousand kids! She kept him busy!!). The only woman Bobby was rumored to have had an affair with is Marilyn Monroe, but the actual evidence shows that this is nothing but a false rumor. Wasn't there a rumor that RFK and Jackie hooked up after JFK was killed? Didn't someone write a book about this?

This reminds me of the interviews that Vanessa had while promoting the movie. I remember her talking of how there were no "conflicts" or "innuendos" (I think those were her words) between her and Arnold because they were "both married and knew it".

Things that make you go hmmmm.... Hell, I'd do Vanessa, she is so hot. And you know me.....:grope:. But it sounds like something was going on there.

topaz
05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
It also seems that the children have taken Maria's side. The Daily Mail article says two of them have changed their last names to Shriver on their Twitter profile. Good for them. I hope that hurts Arnold. He's disappointed all of them immensely.

Really are you serious? :rolleyes:

So its about revenge then? That's how the children should handle a parents disappointment, change their last names?

Rex
05-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Really are you serious? :rolleyes:

So its about revenge then? That's who the children should handle a parents disappointment, change their last names?

I can't say that I blame them. He has HURT his family. You don't humiliate the mother of your children and expect the kids NOT to react. Maybe their reaction seems harsh to some, but they have to be gutted by their dad's actions. It will take time to heal. I'm sure this is only temporary, this thing with the names.