PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

attyfan
05-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Better to reveal things yourself than to be caught in a "gotcha!" moment by the press. Who knows, perhaps someone who knew was threatening to spill the beans or trying to blackmail him?

But why would the press be interested? He is no longer running for office ... and, IIRC, when he did run, it wasn't on a "family values" platform.

cygnus
05-17-2011, 09:28 PM
But why would the press be interested? He is no longer running for office ... and, IIRC, when he did run, it wasn't on a "family values" platform.

Well the press (and the public) do seem to be interested, no?

Scandal involving a celebrity or public figure is always news. And these 2 combine both celebrity and politics.

BigB08822
05-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Of course the press will be interested. He was a huge movie star. She is a part of an iconic political family. It doesn't matter if they currently have nothing going on...

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Well the press (and the public) do seem to be interested, no? Scandal involving a celebrity or public figure is always news. And these 2 combine both celebrity and politics.Indeed, how much of PEOPLE, US, Extra!, TMZ, etc. is concerned mainly about politics? This has more than enough ingredients needed for quite a bit of tabloid press interest: Sex! Double adultery! Love child! Kennedy family! Hollywood! Politics!

numbers123
05-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Arnold is scum. He waits until after he finishes being governor to tell her, presumably because he knows what her reaction will it will impact his careers? If Maria's youngest child is 13 and the other child is 12, that means that Arnold impregnated this other woman while Maria was pregnant or had an infant. Which makes him an even bigger scumbag.

Maria might have been foolish, but I respect her for the statement she issued, saying that her concern is for "the children." She didn't say "my children." I feel for both Maria's children and for the child of the two cheating scumbags.

I think he was about to be exposed. I mean, why tell at all after all this time unless it was going to come out, anyway?

IIRC Maria was caught unaware of Arnold's decision to not run for governor again. And Arnold said it was his decision which he had not discussed with Maria (I think it was a Leno episode???). SO it make sense to me that Maria did not know about the child, Arnold was about to be outed and that she decided she had had enough of the sleazy behavior?

overedge
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Indeed, how much of PEOPLE, US, Extra!, TMZ, etc. is concerned mainly about politics?

It was all over CNN this morning (which IIRC is usually on about politics :) )

overedge
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I know she is taking the high road and coming across as a mature woman but for once I would like someone to release a statement that says "I found out my husband is a disgusting pig and I hope he rots in hell and lives a horribly upsetting and lonely life! Now, please respect my privacy, I have nothing else to say.."

I would like someone to release that statement without the last sentence, and then tell everything. Because there were rumours about Arnold and his skirt-chasing ways even before Maria married him 25 years ago. I bet she might have a LOT to say.....

Lacey
05-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I think he got homesick for the ten year old when her mother quit after twenty years' "service." So, he, boo hoo, spilled the beans to Maria hoping she would forgive him for his sadness.

Scum. Of. The. Earth.

I believe in California, the wife gets half. He is worth more than her. Go ahead, Maria, take every nickel that you can.

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 10:24 PM
For her children's sake, I doubt that Maria would publicly trash Arnold. And for their sake, I hope that any/all of his former paramours resist from relating the "gory details" (but if enough :bribe: is paid, no doubt some will. :( ) I have no desire to know Arnold's (or any celebrity's) sexual behavior, fetishes, kinks, or "short-comings." :scream:

numbers123
05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
I would suspect that any pre-nup outlined who got what in which situation and how long the relationship has been in place. Plus I suspect what the kids get is totally separate than either Maria or Arnold.

soxxy
05-17-2011, 10:28 PM
For her children's sake, I doubt that Maria would publicly trash Arnold.

Thank you for saying this. ITA, it would be harmful and counterproductive.

heckles
05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
I would suspect that any pre-nup outlined who got what in which situation and how long the relationship has been in place.

I'm pretty sure that pre-nups in California are invalid after ten years, which means that the Sperminator will have to pay up. Seems a waste that Maria quit her Dateline gig for Arnold's political career, as the latter probably did not pay as well.

attyfan
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
While I don't do family law, I don't know of anything that automatically invalidates a pre-nup after 10 years. However, there are limits on any absolute waivers of spousal support ... and attempts to restrict child support are invalid. Probably, though, Arnold kept his pre-marital earnings separate, which not only insulates it from a later property division, but also allowed him to pay child support without Maria knowing anything.

Rex
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Ewwww, the thought of Vanessa Williams sleeping with the "Sperminator". Btw, I think VW as good actress still needs to sleep around to get big roles just like anybodyelse...
When they were promoting the film (actually not a bad film with a great theme song), Arnold waxed poetic about how beautiful he thought Vanessa was. At the time, I just dismissed it as someone else who was bowled over by 'Nessa's great beauty. But a couple of years later I started hearing stuff. And yeah, I think she's gorgeous and talented. I don't know how true this is, but I was told by one of my big ol' movie queen friends that her name was thrown in the ring when Kevin Costner wanted to make The Bodyguard. But Costner wanted Whitney. She might have been a better singer than Vanessa at the time, but I thought Vanessa was the better actress.

duane
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM
(possibly I'm naive but I really don't think Bobby was the kind of man-whore Jack and Ted were...)
I LOVE Bobby Kennedy. He had true convictions and motives. And, I've read countless books on the Kennedys, and it appears to be true that he was committed and faithful to Ethel (hell, they had 20 thousand kids! She kept him busy!!). The only woman Bobby was rumored to have had an affair with is Marilyn Monroe, but the actual evidence shows that this is nothing but a false rumor.