PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

JILEN
05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
It could be. :lol: I'd forgotten that Arianna Huffington (who finished 5th) was on the ballot -- but I remembered Angelyne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelyne) (who was 28th), her persona, not her name. :shuffle: As I said earlier, it was an utter and complete circus -- 135 names on the ballot! :rofl:

I remember the circus.

Someone knew. When Arnold was running he gave a half-assed response to allegations of womanizing and the press dropped the entire matter.Too much at stake for the corporations for the media to have done its job while the same media tore John Edwards to pieces for the exact same thing..

And to think they almost changed the laws to prep Arnold for the presidency.

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 07:26 PM
And to think they almost changed the laws to prep Arnold for the presidency.They would have had a lot to do before that could happen ... they would have to amend the Constitution. I suppose that might eventually happen, but thankfully, not for Arnold.

JILEN
05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
"I don't doubt that Maria "knew" about Arnold's other lapses from marital fidelity, but I'm not at all sure that she new about this. I find it very difficult to believe that she would have allowed the woman to continue as part of the household staff for a decade, if she had known.

She knew all about but didn't want to hurt him politically. With both his political and movie careers over, she has nothing to lose and half his net worth to gain by leaving him now imo. And it's JUST hit the papers that she moved out "earlier this year?" Where was the media then? The year is nearly half over!

milanessa
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
And to think they almost changed the laws to prep Arnold for the presidency.

No they didn't.

Allskate
05-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm sure Maria knew that Arnold was not the perfect husband, but I do believe that she found out about this affair and kid only recently. Arnold has publicly stated that he told her after his term as governor ended. Plus, whatever Maria was willing to put up with, I don't think that includes keeping Arnold's mistress on the household staff. I also remember there being reports that Maria didn't even want Arnold to run for office, so I don't think she would have stayed with him for the sake of his political career. I think he deliberately waited until his term was over to tell her. Like I said before, he's a scumbag.

BigB08822
05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
I know she is taking the high road and coming across as a mature woman but for once I would like someone to release a statement that says "I found out my husband is a disgusting pig and I hope he rots in hell and lives a horribly upsetting and lonely life! Now, please respect my privacy, I have nothing else to say.."

Norlite
05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Plus, whatever Maria was willing to put up with, I don't think that includes keeping Arnold's mistress on the household staff.

I agree, this woman worked there for 20 years. Maria would remember the birth. Probably bought her a gift. Probably expressed sincere congratulations at the birth.

Ugh.

Whatever else happens or is reported, I hope the media leaves this innocent child alone

skatesindreams
05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I wish Maria the best in whatever she chooses.
She gave up her not inconsiderable career for someone who was unworthy of the gift.

Unfortunately, she's not the first to do it; and she won't be the last.

Anita18
05-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Maria might have been foolish, but I respect her for the statement she issued, saying that her concern is for "the children." She didn't say "my children." I feel for both Maria's children and for the child of the two cheating scumbags.
Yes, the child of the maid is certainly old enough to understand the circus. :yikes: Not to mention the kids involved in the current divorce and the cheating pig dad being tabloid fodder. :scream: Poor kids!

aliceanne
05-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I wonder why he is making this public. Apparently the mother was still going with the story that it is her ex-husband's child. According to the article it was an interviewer who told her Arnold claimed paternity. What possible advantage could there be to making a public statement?

Prancer
05-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I think he deliberately waited until his term was over to tell her.

I think he was about to be exposed. I mean, why tell at all after all this time unless it was going to come out, anyway?

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I wonder why he is making this public. Apparently the mother was still going with the story that it is her ex-husband's child. According to the article it was an interviewer who told her Arnold claimed paternity. What possible advantage could there be to making a public statement?Better to reveal things yourself than to be caught in a "gotcha!" moment by the press. Who knows, perhaps someone who knew was threatening to spill the beans or trying to blackmail him?

BigB08822
05-17-2011, 08:16 PM
My guess is that he was also about to be exposed. They could have just claimed they were divorcing and didn't want to discuss the details since it was a private matter. Sure, people would suspect (and have suspected) that he cheated on her but no one would have gone so far as to think he fathered a child! He had to have been forced into revealing that.

skatesindreams
05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
With TMZ and all the other "outlets" just waiting to have a "field day" with this; better to have some control/input rather then none at all.

Catherine M
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
I think he was about to be exposed. I mean, why tell at all after all this time unless it was going to come out, anyway?

Agree. Someone (TMZ, maybe) was about to go all John Edwards on Arnold and do an expose on why Maria left the house back in January (when she was told about the love child) so he released the news to the LA Times.

Going to be interesting to see if the child's mother has a "no talk" child support clause. If not, serious money is going to thrown her way.