PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

IceAlisa
05-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Very cute. Doesn't really resemble either parent much.

DickButtonFan
05-17-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/arnold-schwarzenegger-fathered_n_862867.html

Norlite
05-17-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/arnold-schwarzenegger-fathered_n_862867.html

Posting just a link happens to be a big pet peeve of mine. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to at least hyper-link the headline or post a line or two?

LOS ANGELES Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week.

After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger told the Times in a statement that also was sent to The Associated Press early Tuesday. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.

Rex
05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Posting just a link happens to be a big pet peeve of mine. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to at least hyper-link the headline or post a line or two?
:drama: :) but :respec: I think we are allowed to at least post some quotes from the link, if not the entire article.

This cuts it - I think something like this, to father a child outside of your marriage, WHILE you are married, is the lowest of the low. And it sounds like this woman smiled in Maria's face every day, knowing that Arnold was her babyfava. I'm sorry, I know mores and values today allow for some leeway in matters of the flesh, but this is lame. Team Maria - sign up here.

Stefanie
05-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm on Team Maria, too.

I also read on People that Arnold provided for the child monetarily. I'm guessing Arnold and Maria aren't like my parents and look at that the checkbook to see where funds are going. I guess when you have that much money they probably have separate accounts and she wouldn't have needed to question why he was paying child support.

JILEN
05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
He had that child even before he run for governor but "The mistress" was in the house with the wife for 10 years and they saw each other every day for 10 years? Apparently that was one too many indiscretions for Maria to cope with. She isn't stupid. She probably have known or at least have suspected however, I think it wasn't until the death of both of her parents and the end of his stint as governor that she finally decided to act. Wish her well. Him, not so much.

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
What a creep.

Catherine M
05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
What a jerk. To keep the mistress under their employee all those years!?!? Just all kinds of wrong. No wonder Maria finally walked away. Hope she finds happiness in her new life.

danceronice
05-17-2011, 03:05 PM
He had that child even before he run for governor but "The mistress" was in the house with the wife for 10 years and they saw each other every day for 10 years? Apparently that was one too many indiscretions for Maria to cope with. She isn't stupid. She probably have known or at least have suspected however, I think it wasn't until the death of both of her parents and the end of his stint as governor that she finally decided to act. Wish her well. Him, not so much.

She's a Kennedy. She knows her job. It's shut up and ignore the males being unable to keep their pants zipped as long as they're in politics. Really, it's not like she didn't grow up in a family where MAYBE one of the four uncles wasn't a complete lech (possibly I'm naive but I really don't think Bobby was the kind of man-whore Jack and Ted were, and I'm sure the only reason Joe Jr wasn't was the hindrance of being dead--just like their father, the three of them.) Even some of the aunts' marriages were shams to say the least. She knows you don't eff up the politics just because your husband doesn't take his marriage vows seriously. If anything it was probably a novelty if he just had the ONE serious mistress rather than jumping anything in a skirt like her family's men.

Rex
05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
If anything it was probably a novelty if he just had the ONE serious mistress rather than jumping anything in a skirt like her family's men. Hmmmmmmmmm, I seriously doubt he stopped at one.

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 03:12 PM
If anything it was probably a novelty if he just had the ONE serious mistress rather than jumping anything in a skirt like her family's men.Given Arnold's reputation, that's a pretty big IF and one that I wouldn't be willing to bet on -- even in vCash. :slinkaway

ETA: I see Rex shares my doubts ... and was quicker in posting them. :lol:

Rex
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Given Arnold's reputation, that's a pretty big IF and one that I wouldn't be willing to bet on -- even in vCash. :slinkaway

ETA: I see Rex shares my doubts ... and was quicker in posting them. :lol:

:sekret: sez that Der Arnold had a rather "active" casting couch when his film career was in high gear.

Now, y'all know how much I HATE gossip, especially Hollywood gossip, but I just wanted to let you know so that you'd be aware :shuffle:

antmanb
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
:sekret: sez that Der Arnold had a rather "active" casting couch when his film career was in high gear.

That has to be true because he's utterly shyte as an actor. There had to be some other reason he was getting roles!

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 04:19 PM
That has to be true because he's utterly shyte as an actor. There had to be some other reason he was getting roles!:lol: It was Arnold's (formerly) huge box office drawing power that kept getting him roles -- the casting couch certainly wasn't used for his own career advancement.

Rex
05-17-2011, 04:32 PM
That has to be true because he's utterly shyte as an actor. There had to be some other reason he was getting roles!

:lol: It was Arnold's (formerly) huge box office drawing power that kept getting him roles -- the casting couch certainly wasn't used for his own career advancement.

Right, he used it for willing actresses and starlets.....and there was some talk of how Vanessa Williams got her role in Eraser a couple of years back.