PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

mag
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Aww, but you don't have to get married for that. I thought as a Kennedy she would understand that. Maybe she was rebelling.

Ahh, the Kennedy men don't have to get married (or they can get married and have hot monkey sex with someone other than their wife,) but I suspect there is a different standard for the women.

IceAlisa
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Some people will not want to inject substances into their face for cosmetic purposes, whether they are "natural" or not. :scream: Obviously, many have quite different preferences.

You have a keen eye for the obvious. ;) I do like deconstructing the "OMG, it's a toxin" argument though. Saying that someone may not choose to do injections no matter how safe is fine; that's obvious and true. The reasons include but are not limited to: some people are scared of needles, some people don't care if they get wrinkles and volume loss and many can't afford it.

Saying that they are not doing it because it's a "toxin" is misinformed. Lidocaine that the dentist injects to do work on teeth is a neurotoxin as well.

danceronice
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Ahh, the Kennedy men don't have to get married (or they can get married and have hot monkey sex with someone other than their wife,) but I suspect there is a different standard for the women.

LOL, my favorite moment in the Reelz series "The Kennedys"--JFK's about to get married, and Joe Sr's advice amounts to "Remember, now you're married, no rubbing the girlfriends in your wife's face" and RFK is bug-eyed with horror and says "No! Jack, you're making your vows in front of the altar and God" and JFK and Joe stare at him like he has two heads. Fidelity? That's for the little people...

skatingfan5
05-10-2011, 09:38 PM
You have a keen eye for the obvious. ;) I do like deconstructing the "OMG, it's a toxin" argument though. Saying that someone may not choose to do injections no matter how safe is fine; that's obvious and true. The reasons include but are not limited to: some people are scared of needles, some people don't care if they get wrinkles and volume loss and many can't afford it.

Saying that they are not doing it because it's a "toxin" is misinformed. Well, I think you entirely misinterpreted my initial statement (which was about people who didn't want to have "substances/toxins" injected into their face) -- the emphasis was never intended as "OMG -- injecting TOXINS!!!!!" I was just being more specific than I needed to be and should have just left it at the generic "substances" and saved any specifying to "for cosmetic purposes." Botox IS a neurotoxin, which as you have noted, has medical as well as cosmetic uses.
Lidocaine that the dentist injects to do work on teeth is a neurotoxin as well.Yes, and most would consider the analgesic relief to outweigh any possible negative side effects or "fear of needles", although some have such an aversion to injections that they prefer nitrous oxide for dental work.

Veronika
05-10-2011, 09:39 PM
There's a rumor that Kerry Kennedy cheated on Andrew Cuomo when they were married...so it may not just be the Kennedy men.

IceAlisa
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, I think you entirely misinterpreted my initial statement (which was about people who didn't want to have "substances/toxins" injected into their face) -- the emphasis was never intended as "OMG -- injecting TOXINS!!!!!" I was just being more specific than I needed to be and should have just left it at the generic "substances" and saved any specifying to "for cosmetic purposes." You did mention toxins, so I understood it that being a toxin matters to you, otherwise you would have left it out.

Botox IS a neurotoxin, which as you have noted, has medical as well as cosmetic uses. Again, so what? Water can be toxic if you misuse it, see the Wee for Wii death. Tylenol has just been linked to blood cancers. Why does it matter that it's a toxin, that's what I don't understand. It's just like any other pharmaceutical and is safer than a lot of them. Pretty much any biologically active substance can be a toxin if misused/abused.

Yes, and most would consider the analgesic relief to outweigh any possible negative side effects or "fear of needles", although some have such an aversion to injections that they prefer nitrous oxide for dental work.
So you are saying pain free dentistry is more important to some than their appearance. That's fair but I am not sure how relevant.

skatesindreams
05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I wish them both well.

skatingfan5
05-10-2011, 10:21 PM
You did mention toxins, so I understood it that being a toxin matters to you, otherwise you would have left it out.Clearly we have a failure to communicate that appears to be resistant to attempts at clarification. Your initial post mentioned facial fillers and Botox; my reply said "substances/toxins" in an attempt to address injections of both fillers and Botox. I should have just left it with the generic "substances" to cover both (if I had more knowledge of what substances are used for facial fillers I would have used a more specific term in tandem with toxins). I said it was an attempt to be more specific (and a not very parallel construction), but you persist in believing that the matter of Botox being a toxin is what matters, even when I have stated that the practice of injections for cosmetic purposes was all that I had in mind.
So you are saying pain free dentistry is more important to some than their appearance. That's fair but I am not sure how relevant.No, that's not what I am saying -- I never made any attempt to link rejection of injections for cosmetic purposes and the desire for pain free dentisty, much less ranking their importance to anyone. At this point, it seems to me pointless to pursue trying to clarify to you what I meant, so I will let the thread progress to other more fruitful discussion.

Garden Kitty
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Even when the kids are older and even if divorce may clearly be the best option, it's still hard on a family when the parents split. I wish the family well and hope they can maintain a friendly relationshiop for the sake of the kids, no matter what the reason for the separation.

Prancer
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Twenty five years is a pretty darn good run, relatively speaking. My money is on Maria being the one who is through. She's 55, which is in the age range women are, as a group, rather inclined to divorce (http://lifetwo.com/production/node/20070128-what-we-know-about-middle-age-divorce). It's an age where the kids are mostly grown and often gone, so that focus is gone, and women start looking at their husbands in terms of spending the rest of their lives alone with this guy. :yikes: She made that YouTube video a while back asking for advice on transitions, and I thought "She's done with Ahnold."

JILEN
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm not surprised. Maria grew up in a family that's used to keeping it together while a spouse holds office. Now that he's private citizen Arnold, there's no longer a need.

Was thinking same thing and plus it was a common knowldge she doesnt want him to run for public office but he did anyway so kind of like when this Governator thing was over, one morning she woke up and thought, 'Why am I still here' and then she called her lawyer while Ahnold was snoring.

heckles
05-10-2011, 11:43 PM
It's an age where the kids are mostly grown and often gone, so that focus is gone, and women start looking at their husbands in terms of spending the rest of their lives alone with this guy.

Okay, but the important question is: which of their adult offspring are hotties?

Prancer
05-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Okay, but the important question is: which of their adult offspring are hotties?

Patrick seems to be growing up rather nicely. (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.x17online.com/images/photo-sets/conv/shriver100210_X17/shriver100210_12-full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://x17online.com/celebrities/arnold_schwarzenegger/presenting_hollywoods_soontobe_heartthrob_patrick_ schwarzenegger-10032010.php&usg=__dgzlYOTIFqV17INKNEBxCbCawQM=&h=592&w=460&sz=181&hl=en&start=22&zoom=1&tbnid=Z_Fly6YsoZEEhM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=95&ei=qMXJTbHtCsKo8AOkoPXTBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpatrick%2Bschwarzenegger%26um%3D1%26h l%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1238%26bih%3D574%26tbm%3Di sch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=361&page=2&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:22&tx=46&ty=56)

heckles
05-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Yep, looks like he got the good genes from each parent.

Cachoo
05-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I give Arnold credit: He bought into the whole pursuit of happiness/American dream and went after it: first as an athlete then in Hollywood and then with political royalty. And as for Maria: Everyone talks about the Kennedy men but in a different time and place her mother might have been POTUS. Maria is proud of the Shriver name and given her late parents and her brothers activism I think she should be. I wish them both well: I too have heard Arnold (much like his Kennedy uncles) has a roving eye. And I think they should amend the constitution so someone who is American but not American-born can run. (NO MORE BIRTHERS!) I don't think I'd support Arnold though.