PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

allezfred
05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Do we actually know what position she held in the household? "Member of the household staff" is not very illuminating.

Cum Dumpster In Chief? :slinkaway

orbitz
05-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh, but with her wealth, I'm sure she would have married Arnold even if he were a B-list actor who worked at McDonald's to make ends meet. :rolleyes:

Well she - and the rest of the wold - saw Arnold at him prime in a speedo. Wouldn't you marry him back then also? I would :).

emason
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Well she - and the rest of the wold - saw Arnold at him prime in a speedo. Wouldn't you marry him back then also? .

Um, no.

milanessa
05-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Another no vote.

aftershocks
05-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Recalling the plot of Brothers and Sisters in the early seasons. I agree with the poster who mentioned there might be quite a few people in the world who have half brothers and sisters they know nothing about... and probably never will. ;)

Wyliefan, in one of your earlier posts you said, "given Maria's background..." You might better have worded that, "given the widely reported infidelities by many of the male members of the Kennedy clan ..." thereby refraining from casting aspersions on Maria or her "background," which IMHO is quite exemplary.

Of all the remarks given at the televised memorial service for tv journalist, Tim Russert, for me, Maria Shriver's reflections are the most memorable. Also, I enjoyed Maria's book, Just Who Will You Be, inspired by a popular commencement address that she gave, after agonizing over what she should say, and wondering why she had been invited to speak.

As other posters have indicated, topaz, it appears that two of Maria's children have added the name "Shriver" to their Twitter profiles, but not necessarily changed their last names, although son Patrick might decide to use "Shriver" rather than the overlong and unwieldy, "Schwarzenegger" for his acting/ modeling career. Either name is prestigious, despite his father's epic mistakes and questionable morals.

A tweet earlier this month from Patrick Shriver Schwarzenegger:

"Appreciate all your messages. Small speed bump [in] life, luckily we own hummers, we will cruise right over it. All will be okay. #peace"

ETA: of course at the point he wrote the above, he was referring to parental break-up, and not the later revelation, which is obviously much more than a speed bump.

and on May 8, Patrick tweeted:

"Happy mothers day to all the moms out there. Special shouting to my mother @mariashriver the best, and the most amazing mother ever!"

MacMadame
05-23-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm sorry - but you really think that there isn't a possibility that she didn't know? There are many people in relationships that should see red flags that their spouse or SO is not being faithful that just don't.
Of course there is the possibility. It happens all the time so why couldn't it happen here?

I think the fact that it was reported that she didn't know and that, when she found out, she moved out, makes the possibility that she didn't know very real.

Nothing in her behavior suggests that she knew about the relationship and the child and just put up with it until it was safe to do so.

I see that as different from his suspected on-set dalliances. I have no idea if she knew about them or not but I'd be shocked if she knew about the housekeeper and the child.

Allskate
05-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Anybody see Seth Myers' "Really?" piece on SNL last night?

Another no vote.

Yeah. Definitely put me in the no category. Different strokes for different folks.

And YAWN...you're also now quite boring.

Aw. So sorry that you find logic to be boring. :rolleyes: Some people do find it much more interesting to cast aspersions on people going through a difficult time regardless of whether they are based in logic and known fact. Again, different strokes for different folks. But, you sure are posting a lot of responses to my posts considering how bored you claim to be. :lol:

duane
05-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Aw. So sorry that you find logic to be boring. :rolleyes: But, you sure are posting a lot of responses to my posts considering how bored you claim to be. :lol:
You are, but I'm not going to let you get away with twisting things.

I actually went back to the beginning of this thread, and see that you first posted your opinion on the 17th--that Arnold was scum, that Maria didn't find out about the illegitimate child until recently, and that she wouldn't stay for the sake of his political career. OK, that's your opinion. We got it! And, the only people who quoted your comments were those who agreed with you, so you also had people who backed your opinion.

But you couldn't simply accept what I wrote as an opposing opinion. Instead, you had to quote me several times and repeat what you've already said earlier (and, you even added the bit about people you "know"). Unlike you, I've only been replying to those who directly quoted me, so who is the one "hell bent on convincing people" of anything?? Look in the mirror, miss I-think-I-know-everything.

Oh, and your belief that you are being logical is nothing but another twisted opinion.

And now, in the words of many old movies...Bye Y'all!

Rex
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Recalling the plot of Brothers and Sisters in the early seasons. I agree with the poster who mentioned there might be quite a few people in the world who have half brothers and sisters they know nothing about... and probably never will. ;)
My dad used to brag about this; that he may have fathered kids in Europe while he was in the Army. I don't know and don't want to know.

Wyliefan
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Wyliefan, in one of your earlier posts you said, "given Maria's background..." You might better have worded that, "given the widely reported infidelities by many of the male members of the Kennedy clan ..." thereby refraining from casting aspersions on Maria or her "background," which IMHO is quite exemplary.
"

I apologize for the exaggeration. (Though for the record, as IceAlisa said, I was referring to a killing and an alleged sexual assault as well as infidelities. But they were, as you say, all Kennedy-related, not Shriver-related.)

WindSpirit
05-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Well she - and the rest of the wold - saw Arnold at him prime in a speedo. Wouldn't you marry him back then also? I would :). Nothing against speedos (I'm from Europe :P) but I wouldn't touch Arnold with a ten-foot pole, no matter how he was dressed. If a man's neck is not proportionate to his head (=not even coming close to the size of his head, let alone the same size or bigger than his head) and his muscles are not proportionate to his body, I find it rather repulsing. :scream:

heckles
05-25-2011, 03:45 AM
You might better have worded that, "given the widely reported infidelities by many of the male members of the Kennedy clan ..." thereby refraining from casting aspersions on Maria or her "background," which IMHO is quite exemplary.

Okay, so do we still get to talk about how Jackie Kennedy found Marilyn Monroe's panties in her bed?

agalisgv
05-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Jane Seymour claims there are at least two other lovechildren out there.
Actress Jane Seymour claims Arnold Schwarzenegger has fathered two more children outside his 25-year marriage to Maria Shriver.

"From what I gather, I think there will be lots of information coming people's way," Seymour tells CNN. "I heard about two more [out of wedlock kids] somebody else knows about. I even met someone who knows him well." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20065271-10391698.html#ixzz1NKkdwRBI

my little pony
05-25-2011, 05:01 AM
i'm not shocked by the claims but what the heck does jane seymour have to do with any of it?

agalisgv
05-25-2011, 05:02 AM
what the heck does jane seymour have to do with any of it? :sekret: :sekret: