PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skatesindreams
05-19-2011, 07:34 PM
I have known several European men married to American women.
Some of them had no concept of "marital fidelity"; and came from backgrounds where having a "mistress"/other partners was accepted/expected.
This was without the "celebrity" angle attached.

If AS had this "understanding", it would be unusual if this had not happened - likely more than once.

PDilemma
05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Ha-ha! It was a big, beautiful LATINA!!! Bony bimbos who eat lettuce leaves and jog with your walkmans, take note... Not to condone extramarital affairs but...just sayin'.

If Arnold had been married to a woman who was overweight and had an affair with a thinner woman and someone posted the opposite of this....I'm fairly certain the thread would explode. :rolleyes:

Wyliefan
05-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, lettuce is a well-known cause of adultery. :rofl:

Allskate
05-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes, lettuce is a well-known cause of adultery. :rofl:

Yes, those Euro hunks are always cheating on their lettuce-eating wives because they just can't resist those Latina women who don't eat lettuce. :lol: It's not the guy's fault. How is someone like Arnold supposed to resist a housekeeper who is probably eating American junk food instead of healthy salads with lettuce in them?

Even amongst Guatemalan men, I doubt this woman is seen as irresistably attractive. But, I'd bet this mess has more to do with what was easy, but risky for Arnold rather than what kind of look he generally finds physically attractive.

PDilemma
05-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I also must note that I haven't seen anyone using a walkman for at least ten years. Maybe more.

But, nonetheless, if someone came into any FSU thread and characterized all overweight women as "bimbos" who probably deserve to be cheated on...all hell would break loose.

Prancer
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
But, nonetheless, if someone came into any FSU thread and characterized all overweight women as "bimbos" who probably deserve to be cheated on...all hell would break loose.

Most posters here will only see the post because you quoted it, and will, upon noting the name of the original poster, hesitate to engage. And still others have no doubt noted the contradiction of calling some women "bimbos" in the context of praising a woman who was married to one man and had a child by another, who was himself married.

Sometimes it's best to just consider the source and move on.

Anita18
05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Don't go blaming the victim.

It's not her job to figure out if her husband is cheating. It's his job not to cheat.
Right. And if you want to go sleeping with other people when you know your partner is NOT okay with it, it's your job to break off the relationship first. Only immature losers take the "She drove me to cheat!" road. :rolleyes:

Civic
05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
She was a housekeeper, did cooking, cleaning, laundry and other chores. She was paid $1200.00 per week, according to TMZ.

The woman worked in the home for 20 years and the kids grew up with her. It is bad enough finding out that your parent cheated and fathered a child but with someone that the kids knew very well and probably were close to is a double whammy.

Maria may have congratulated the mother and purchased a gift for the baby when he was born. If so, this makes the revelations all the more humiliating for her.

The article mentioned that the mother and her children live in a four bedroom house with a swimming pool. I wonder if she and Arnold had an oral agreement of sorts; sex in exchange for an upper middle class lifestyle for her and her children.

overedge
05-20-2011, 03:51 AM
The more I read about these situations, the more I am convinced that polyamory should become the norm and not the exception. Traditional monogamy only works when absolutely everybody adheres to it.

:rolleyes: So who was Maria allowed to see on the side, then?

The issue here isn't whether polyamory or monogamy should be the norm. The issue is that Arnold promised to be monogamous, and wasn't.

reckless
05-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Arnold had a reputation of being a notorious playboy before he and Maria married. During the marriage, he was accused of groping women, which he first denied but later admitted. Oh, but I guess marriage changes people. :rolleyes:

I don't think Maria knew about the child, or that Arnold was having an affair right under her nose with the housekeeper. But I seriously doubt that she believed she had a faithful husband and a monogamous marriage.
I doubt Maria was in the dark. Arnold was pretty well known to sleep with anyone long after they married. I've heard from more than one person involved with some of his films that the producers generally set aside additional money to deal with sexual harassment claims. They considered it the price of doing business.

OliviaPug
05-20-2011, 04:20 AM
:rolleyes: So who was Maria allowed to see on the side, then?

The issue here isn't whether polyamory or monogamy should be the norm. The issue is that Arnold promised to be monogamous, and wasn't.

Exactly right.

But it goes even further than extramarital affair betrayal. Arnold betrayed Maria in so many other ways in the process. Every single day they spent together with that woman in the house was a deception, betrayal and lie. It's like being deceived over and over again, and not just by your husband, but by your trusted domestic. Wow. Two really crappy people. You'd think that one of them would have had the good sense, respect, morality, or just plain old FEAR to say no to this ugly scenario.

It's very sad for Maria and her and Arnold's kids. Arnold will come to realize he has lost their trust forever.

O-

duane
05-20-2011, 04:46 AM
People often believe what they want to believe. I've seen it with people I know. They should have suspected their husbands/boyfriends, but didn't. Ok, so you have family and friends who were "ridiculously clueless" about cheating...you seen it with those who "should have suspected" but chose to believe otherwise...then I take it you also know of those who did know, and weren't in the dark?

Allskate
05-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Ok, so you have family and friends who were "ridiculously clueless" about cheating...you seen it with those who "should have suspected" but chose to believe otherwise...then I take it you also know of those who did know, and weren't in the dark?

Huh? One does not follow from the other. No, I don't know of anyone in my life who knew their spouse cheated and they were just fine with it or put up with it. The people I know who enter into marriage really do expect it to be monogamous and want it to be, and so they don't interpret suspicious behavior as indicative of cheating.

Anita18
05-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Exactly right.

But it goes even further than extramarital affair betrayal. Arnold betrayed Maria in so many other ways in the process. Every single day they spent together with that woman in the house was a deception, betrayal and lie. It's like being deceived over and over again, and not just by your husband, but by your trusted domestic. Wow. Two really crappy people. You'd think that one of them would have had the good sense, respect, morality, or just plain old FEAR to say no to this ugly scenario.

It's very sad for Maria and her and Arnold's kids. Arnold will come to realize he has lost their trust forever.

O-
I agree with this. I don't think Maria was clueless as to Arnold's womanizing ways. But your husband fathering a child with an employee you saw in your house EVERY DAY, and continuing to see her there for years and years afterwards and not being told about it.....that's on a whole other level of betrayal.

duane
05-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Huh? One does not follow from the other. No, I don't know of anyone in my life who knew their spouse cheated and they were just fine with it or put up with it. The people I know who enter into marriage really do expect it to be monogamous and want it to be, and so they don't interpret suspicious behavior as indicative of cheating.
I was just asking. When I suggested that Maria may have been a wife who knew of her husband's affairs but stayed for security and public image, you said that perhaps she's totally clueless (like friends and family you know). When I doubted that Maria would be totally clueless because of Arnold's longtime playboy reputation and the later accusations by women, you said that perhaps she should have suspected but chose not to (as you've seen it with people you know). Well, if you also knew of people who did suspect and/or know that their spouse was unfaithful, perhaps Maria (like them) was too.

But of course, you don't know of anyone in your life--past or present I assume--in the latter group.