PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Karina1974
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not condoning this behavior but I am a little suprised that the notion that Arnold's behavior is somehow suprising and shocking. :shuffle:

The more I read about these situations, the more I am convinced that polyamory should become the norm and not the exception. Traditional monogamy only works when absolutely everybody adheres to it.

Prancer
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree with this. I'm not sure how I would respond if I found out my DH had an affair, but a child is another story.

I don't think the existence of the child would be the factor for me; where there's sex, there's always a possibility of parentage. It's not the child's fault.

But if my husband KNEW he had a child with another woman and didn't tell me--we're done.

Traditional monogamy only works when absolutely everybody adheres to it.

:confused: So if one married person cheats, the whole concept is shot?

Studies indicate that most married people don't cheat, so monogamy apparently works for some people, if not for everyone. And polyamory doesn't appear to work particularly well except in socieities where it is an inherent part of the culture.

Frau Muller
05-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Ha-ha! It was a big, beautiful LATINA!!! Bony bimbos who eat lettuce leaves and jog with your walkmans, take note... Not to condone extramarital affairs but...just sayin'.

Nekatiivi
05-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Ha-ha! It was a big, beautiful LATINA!!! Bony bimbos who eat lettuce leaves and jog with your walkmans, take note... Not to condone extramarital affairs but...just sayin'.

I would not say anything about beautiful at this case...

cygnus
05-19-2011, 04:01 PM
The more I read about these situations, the more I am convinced that polyamory should become the norm and not the exception. Traditional monogamy only works when absolutely everybody adheres to it.

I have lots of friends in polyamorous relationships. Their success rate in their "primary" relationships (married or cohabiting, with or without kids) is lower than those in monogamous relationships.

Just my observation, but this is over many years of observation.

Rex
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
:lol: How true.
She looks like Chucky the Enforcer from Oz - with a hair weave.

Karina1974
05-19-2011, 04:32 PM

I'm curious as to what she looked like 14 years ago.

marbri
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm curious as to what she looked like 14 years ago.

Saw a side by side comparison of her and Maria while they were both pregnant by Arnie. She looked pretty much the same as she does now.

http://www.celebridoodle.com/celebridoodle/2011/05/arnold-schwarzeneggers-pregnant-mistress.html

Allskate
05-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Yes but apparently pictures of this boy, say that he is the spitting image of Arnold same jaw line everything. So if this boy was visting like they say he was (apparently when he was a baby) how could Maria NOT have known for a long time. There were reportedly reports of this before in Enquirer etc.

Because, as I said, people bury their heads in the sand and believe what they want to believe. Plus, we don't know that she saw this child or how old he was and what he looked like. Babies often don't look like their parents, though the resemblance may become obvious when they are older. And, as a number of people have said, they would not have guessed that this woman, who was not particularly attractive or young and was a housekeeper, would have been the object of Arnold's roving eye. Think of all his options in Hollywood, and he goes with her?

Frau Muller
05-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Saw a side by side comparison of her and Maria while they were both pregnant by Arnie. She looked pretty much the same as she does now.

http://www.celebridoodle.com/celebridoodle/2011/05/arnold-schwarzeneggers-pregnant-mistress.html

Exactly my point. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and many Euro Hunks adore big women of color (Latina or Afro-Am or etc.). Not everybody follows Madison Avenue's rules of what constitutes beauty. Patty Baena is beautiful in her culture, a classic Guatemalan Mayan indigenous face...and one Austrian Hunk agreed. That doesn't excuse the extra-marital behavior, of course. :P

aliceanne
05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
People often believe what they want to believe. I've seen it with people I know. They should have suspected their husbands/boyfriends, but didn't.

Usually when you get involved with someone like that you know it. They always take pleasure in letting you know either directly or indirectly that the opposite sex finds them attractive. Of course everything they tell you about directly was in the past.

I think these people are just extremely charismatic and when you get involved with them you think you'll just deal with it when the time comes. Usually the betrayals pile up gradually. Catching your SO lying for no apparent reason etc. I think in the end it is the lack of trust that kills the relationship, not any specific person or incident.

Yes, I have been involved with cheaters, no, I've never married one.

genevieve
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Because polyamory works really well when both parties aren't on board? :rolleyes:

Anita18
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Exactly my point. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and many Euro Hunks adore big women of color (Latina or Afro-Am or etc.). Not everybody follows Madison Avenue's rules of what constitutes beauty. Patty Baena is beautiful in her culture, a classic Guatemalan Mayan indigenous face...and one Austrian Hunk agreed. That doesn't excuse the extra-marital behavior, of course. :P
Or maybe Arnold wanted what he didn't have. Men can be greedy like that. :P

Veronika
05-19-2011, 07:20 PM
I think anyone is capable of cheating, and it happens a lot more than we realize. That said, I don't think what AS did was acceptable.

MacMadame
05-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I guess Maria could be considered somewhat culpable;
Don't go blaming the victim.

It's not her job to figure out if her husband is cheating. It's his job not to cheat.