PDA

View Full Version : Arnold and Maria split after 25 years

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skatingfan5
05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
So its about revenge then? That's who the children should handle a parents disappointment, change their last names?:confused: Revenge? How about self-protection after being incredibly hurt and betrayed by a parent with everything splashed out in public? I have no idea which of the children supposedly have changed their Twitter profile names, but one of the kids is a young teen (13 or 14) and impulsive behavior is a hallmark of that age group. If they did it out of hurt and anger, I can certainly understand that. It's not just their mother who is "disappointed" -- his children probably held their in much higher esteem than these revelations have shown he warranted.

topaz
05-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I can't say that I blame them. He has HURT his family. You don't humiliate the mother of your children and expect the kids NOT to react. Maybe their reaction seems harsh to some, but they have to be gutted by their dad's actions. It will take time to heal. I'm sure this is only temporary, this thing with the names.

I can understand the disappointment/hurt but changing one's name is just silly to me.

topaz
05-18-2011, 03:28 PM
:confused: Revenge? How about self-protection after being incredibly hurt and betrayed by a parent with everything splashed out in public? I have no idea which of the children supposedly have changed their Twitter profile names, but one of the kids is a young teen (13 or 14) and impulsive behavior is a hallmark of that age group. If they did it out of hurt and anger, I can certainly understand that. It's not just their mother who is "disappointed" -- his children probably held their in much higher esteem than these revelations have shown he warranted.

What self protection? So if the teen changed his twitter name folks aren't gonna know he's still Arnold's kid? I highly doubt that.

milanessa
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm a little :o that she's paid twice as much as I (and all the other grad students) am though.

Why?

Do we actually know what position she held in the household? "Member of the household staff" is not very illuminating.

skatingfan5
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
What self protection? So if the teen changed his twitter name folks aren't gonna know he's still Arnold's kid? I highly doubt that.His/her own internal "self-protection" -- a psychic buffer of sorts, now that the Schwarzenegger name itself is being trampled in the mud by the news of Arnold's actions. I can understand the children wanting to reinforce the Shriver connection (and try to minimize that of Schwarenegger) in their minds under these circumstances. As Rex said, things likely will change as time passes.

Karina1974
05-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I know she is taking the high road and coming across as a mature woman but for once I would like someone to release a statement that says "I found out my husband is a disgusting pig and I hope he rots in hell and lives a horribly upsetting and lonely life! Now, please respect my privacy, I have nothing else to say.."

Resentment is the poison you drink, hoping somebody else will die.

VIETgrlTerifa
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I can understand the disappointment/hurt but changing one's name is just silly to me.

They're just acting out. It is a bit silly, but people deal with horrible news like this differently. It's not as if they're going out there smashing their father's property or partaking in self-destructive behavior.

Norlite
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't know anything about the twitter name changes as reported in that article, neither one is on my twitter, but it was reported that the oldest girl (Elizabeth?) was one of the children to change to Shriver and then pops up a picture in TMZ of her walking with her father yesterday. So there is still a connection there between them.

kittyjake5
05-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Why?

Do we actually know what position she held in the household? "Member of the household staff" is not very illuminating.

She was a housekeeper, did cooking, cleaning, laundry and other chores. She was paid $1200.00 per week, according to TMZ.

The woman worked in the home for 20 years and the kids grew up with her. It is bad enough finding out that your parent cheated and fathered a child but with someone that the kids knew very well and probably were close to is a double whammy.

Rex
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
.....and other chores

:shuffle: I can just imagine...

milanessa
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
She was a housekeeper, did cooking, cleaning, laundry and other chores. She was paid $1200.00 per week, according to TMZ.

If you're referring to that interview with the TMZ guy (I can't remember his name :shuffle:) on CNN he corrected himself to say "she" had a cook. I suspect that after 20 years she was in fact a housekeeper in charge of other household staff and didn't actually scrub the toilets.

Vash01
05-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I think it's so stupid (and Arnold's not the only one), particularly for someone in limelight to succumb to such desires outside of marriage and pretty much destroy everything he (somehow it almost always seems to be a 'he' though there are some exceptions) has worked for. John Edwards, Tiger Woods, and now Arnold Schwartznegger. It's even stupider to have an affair so close to home and think it won't get out. Of course I don't condone the immorality of the act.

Anita18
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
If you're referring to that interview with the TMZ guy (I can't remember his name :shuffle:) on CNN he corrected himself to say "she" had a cook. I suspect that after 20 years she was in fact a housekeeper in charge of other household staff and didn't actually scrub the toilets.
Ah, that makes it a little better. It's a little hard to stomach when all of my well-educated coworkers have trouble making it month-to-month in a cancer research lab because being a grad student/postdoc makes pennies. :o

:confused: Revenge? How about self-protection after being incredibly hurt and betrayed by a parent with everything splashed out in public? I have no idea which of the children supposedly have changed their Twitter profile names, but one of the kids is a young teen (13 or 14) and impulsive behavior is a hallmark of that age group. If they did it out of hurt and anger, I can certainly understand that. It's not just their mother who is "disappointed" -- his children probably held their in much higher esteem than these revelations have shown he warranted.
Yes, I feel like the children were hurt most of all in this. It's one thing to betray your wife, it's another to betray your children, who you're supposed to be a role model for.

IIRC it was Katharine and Patrick, two of the older children. I'm sure they haven't turned their backs on their father forever or that they'll trash him in the media, just that they've made it clear whose side they're on. I don't blame the children, Arnold only has himself to blame for this.

Aceon6
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
IIRC it was Katharine and Patrick, two of the older children. I'm sure they haven't turned their backs on their father forever or that they'll trash him in the media, just that they've made it clear whose side they're on. I don't blame the children, Arnold only has himself to blame for this.

That's how I saw it, as an announcement that they supported their mother, nothing more.

aliceanne
05-18-2011, 09:39 PM
I think it's so stupid (and Arnold's not the only one), particularly for someone in limelight to succumb to such desires outside of marriage and pretty much destroy everything he (somehow it almost always seems to be a 'he' though there are some exceptions) has worked for. John Edwards, Tiger Woods, and now Arnold Schwartznegger. It's even stupider to have an affair so close to home and think it won't get out. Of course I don't condone the immorality of the act.

The problem is, no one knows how many did it and didn't get caught. And then again, maybe on some level they wanted to get caught.