PDA

View Full Version : TAR Alert: HBO Series with Mike White, executive producer

slicekw
05-10-2011, 06:37 AM
So I'm watching HBO and there's a plug for new series that are shooting now and one of them is for the new series starring Laura Dern. And this familiar guy starts talking and it says "Mike White, executive producer" at the bottom of the screen.

I thought, oh, how nice, he's exec producing instead of acting. Acting?? Holy Crap, that's Mike who did The Amazing Race twice with his daddy, Mel!

The series is called "Enlightened." I don't know much else. :cool:

Jenny
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Check out his imdb page - he's a very successful, well respected and apparently very versatile producer/writer/director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925234/

Allen
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Mike White is responsible for writing Chuck and Buck which, in my opinion, is a really important film in queer cinema. He also gave us The Good Girl which is Jen Anniston's one good role in a movie. I wasn't a fan of Year of the Dog, but in general, I really like White's work a lot. I think he has a very distinctive voice in his writing.

Cachoo
05-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I was perplexed at first by Chuck and Buck because this guy scared me a little bit at first (stalker type.) But after the movie was over I realized how unique the character was and how talented he is I watched it again. And Mike White seems so unaffected by "Hollywood."