PDA

View Full Version : CSI's Marg Helgenberger: Justin Bieber is a Brat

Pages : [1] 2

overedge
05-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Boy, is she gonna get some hate email from the Bieb's fans....

http://www.canada.com/Marg+Helgenberger+calls+Justin+Bieber+brat/4752534/story.html

Jenny
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Boy, is she gonna get some hate email from the Bieb's fans....

http://www.canada.com/Marg+Helgenberger+calls+Justin+Bieber+brat/4752534/story.html

Points to him (or his team) for handling it well and taking the high road.

Allskate
05-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Points to him (or his team) for handling it well and taking the high road.

I'm not sure referring to her as "lame" is taking the high road. I also don't see where he denies that he did these things. But, I think any teen in his position probably would be a little bratty at times.

Yeah, she'll get some hate mail. But, I'm not sure if she's all that worried about the opinions of bratty fans of Bieber. :lol:

Jayar
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Hate mail? Please. Tweens can't write. They'll post something on their facebook or twitter in a language only other tweens can read.

Jenny
05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure referring to her as "lame" is taking the high road.

He didn't refer to her as lame; he referred to what she did as lame. Big difference IMO.

Cyn
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Hate mail? Please. Tweens can't write. They'll post something on their facebook or twitter in a language only other tweens can read.

:rofl: So true!! Watch out for the outrage expressed on youtube as well :yikes: :scream: .

Wyliefan
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I call BS. This sounds like one of those stories where the person suddenly announces, "Wait, I never said that!" There've been more and more of them lately.

Not that I know or care anything about Bieber, but I don't see a regular on an established TV series dishing the dirt like that. Usually they're way more careful.

BigB08822
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Bieber's reply is silly. "Rumors are just rumors..." I don't think it is so much a rumor if a person directly involved is saying "this is what happened..." There are way too many stories like this for it to not be believable. I don't think he is a bad kid but he is clearly a spoiled brat at times and that is true for ANY teenager, much less one that is as rich and powerful as he is.

VALuvsMKwan
05-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I call BS. This sounds like one of those stories where the person suddenly announces, "Wait, I never said that!" There've been more and more of them lately.

Not that I know or care anything about Bieber, but I don't see a regular on an established TV series dishing the dirt like that. Usually they're way more careful.

Too bad the first two letters of her assessment weren't "Tw" - KC from "China Beach" could have fit in here at FSU. ;)

Allskate
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
He didn't refer to her as lame; he referred to what she did as lame. Big difference IMO.

I don't see much difference. Either way, I don't see it as taking the high road. And he may call it a rumor, but he doesn't call it a false rumor. I see no denial here, so I don't see how he deserves any credit for "taking the high road." Because he didn't get downright nasty or lie and invokes his mother?

Aussie Willy
05-09-2011, 11:29 PM
As much as the whole Bieber thing gives me the sh*ts, I think those things seem like something a typical teenager would do if given half a chance.

There are teenagers out there doing a lot worse.

WindSpirit
05-09-2011, 11:38 PM
As much as the whole Bieber thing gives me the sh*ts, I think those things seem like something a typical teenager would do if given half a chance.

There are teenagers out there doing a lot worse. Of course they are, but I wouldn't call putting your hand through someone's cake as typical.

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it sounds. He was probably joking around (locking a producer in a closet) and was trying to be funny with the cake maybe. Marg Helgenberger probably just doesn't have patience for bratty behavior like that. I know I don't.

Another explanation could be that he was drunk. That would be pretty typical teenage behavior.

His no-denial denial sounds silly. He would look better if he said he was just horsing around and maybe it got a little out of hand, and apologized.

marbri
05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Brat is a funny word. It can mean ill-tempered and spoiled when dealing with an obnoxious brat or it can be a little more playful (rascal, mischievous).

My youngest is a brat but she's not a brat.

milanessa
05-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Brat is a funny word. It can mean ill-tempered and spoiled when dealing with an obnoxious brat or it can be a little more playful (rascal, mischievous).

My youngest is a brat but she's not a brat.

A mom is usually not the best judge of that. ;)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Bieber's reply is silly. "Rumors are just rumors..." I don't think it is so much a rumor if a person directly involved is saying "this is what happened..." There are way too many stories like this for it to not be believable. I don't think he is a bad kid but he is clearly a spoiled brat at times and that is true for ANY teenager, much less one that is as rich and powerful as he is.

There have been stories in the press on and off for a while about Bieber's behavior; throwing fits behind the scenes and generally acting entitled. The Esperanza Spaulding incident further made me think that Beiber is nothing like the person his PR team has created and his fangirls worship. Of course IMO that's true of the majority of celebrities.

I guess my old age is showing because I hate it when people exhibit crap attitudes and it's just shrugged off as "that's how young people behave, it's normal." I find it a shame that certain behaviors are seen as normal and just because it's considered par for the course these days doesn't make it right.

:blah:

Sorry, off my soapbox. :shuffle: