PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Sylvia
05-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Any reliable news links or other timely information on this young Russian dance team? I figure they deserve their own thread in GSD. :)

Jenna
05-09-2011, 08:57 PM
:eek: :yikes: I thought this was going to be a split thread.

OlieRow
05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I was scared it was going to be a "I/K to Shpilband" thread.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM

I highly doubt S&Z will take on any Russian team that is good enough to to be on the Russian podium (thus, keeping Yana & Fedor from getting onto an international team).

Eislauffan
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Well, there were some rumours about them thinking to switch coaches or the Federation wanting them to switch coaches. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I really like Zhulin's work with them. If they are not on vacation and I can see them in Moscow, I will interview them. :-)

MarieM
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
I want them to stay where they are !!!!

Loves_Shizuka
05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
^But it seems they are pretty much not going to. :( So to whom are they off to? Seems like Morozov is the likely candidate, according to some posters on here...

Hanna
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM

Ditto! I was almost afraid to open! :yikes:

Eris
05-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Doesn't Morozov have too many skaters in his group?
I think it's better for IK to stay with coaches who can work with them full time.

MarieM
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Let's hope they stay just where they are right now.
Zhulin is the only option viable for them. He has done, with all of his team, wonders for them.

quiqie
05-10-2011, 08:03 AM
What is the conflict ? And could you answer in Elena and Nikita's topic please ?

Short interview with I/K after Support Japan charity show in St. Petersburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A227P4ckPc

Q: As I understand, you are not exactly satisfied with your skating at the World Championships, or are you?
A: Well, we are quite satisfied with the first day, everything that we prepared maybe there were some rough moments, but we skated our maximum, and the audience, I think, was pleased.
Q: Yes, we even started hoping for your placement in top 4, top 5. It didn't work out in the free dance, well, it happens. Now internet is full of rumors that you are changing coaches, something like that, do they have any ground?
A: Maybe we had some problems, not even problems, misunderstandings, with our coaches, but in general, everything's good, and even if it wasn't, we wouldn't discuss that.
Q: What's in yur plans for the next season?
A: We will work at least 10 times harder, we'll try something new maybe, new style, new lifts...
Elena: New programs, new images.
Q: You got only level 3 step sequences, are you going to do something about that?
A: Yes, of course, we are going to try something new, because we kept almost the same for three programs, just changed some elements, and now we will try something new.
Q: The new ones will get you level 4, won't they?
A: Why yes, of course they will.
Q: I see, because this time, nobody got level 4 I think, at least for circular step sequence.
A: Well, it's hard.
Q: You are going to try?
A: We are going to try.
Q: Good luck for next season!
A: Thank you!

So he doesn't say anything specific, but my point is, Verner has the same sources as the rest of us, but serves his hints in a manner that makes him look like someone who knows it all.

Hedwig
05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Well, there were some rumours about them thinking to switch coaches or the Federation wanting them to switch coaches. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I really like Zhulin's work with them. If they are not on vacation and I can see them in Moscow, I will interview them. :-)
Oh, please do!!

And I agree about Zhulin. I love his work approach with them!!

Moka-Ananas
05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I love love love them!
They made me appreciate "Don Quixote" and I've never been this excited about Ice Dance before.
I am totally lost in uberness and even had a nightmare last Sunday that I/K split up :lol:

Asli
05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Zhulin has worked wonders with I/K. At this age they have to improve their technique and with Zhulin they have the best possible coach IMO. :)

Morozov has never improved the technique of any of his students. I fear that with him, I/K would stop progressing at this crucial age. Not to mention the ugly programs he started giving his students after a few brilliant years. Shiver.

Plus Morozov hasn't worked with any ice dancers for five years. His forcus is on singles and he must be out of the loop with all the changes. Even coaches working with dancers all the time are having trouble keeping up.

If I/K stay with Zhulin, they will be his main focus towards Sochi. I hope they stay and they end up with the same result as N/K. :cheer:

Autumn_girl
05-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Moka-Ananas, I'm with you! They are my favorite team since I first saw them on JGP and the only reason why I still watch ice dance. But my biggest nightmare is to see them with Shpilband/Zueva. Can't even imagine Elena and Nikita skating to something cute, sweet and... boooooring! I think Zhulin is a perfect coach for them, he makes them different, they try new images and new styles with their every program, that's something teams like the Shibs can never do.
Thanks God all these coaching changes things seem to be just rumors