PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

MarieM
05-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Morozov is a crappy ice dance coach. He has ruined a lot of teams and he can't teach good technique AT ALL.
Zhulin, Volkov, Denkova & Staviski are on a whole a MUCH better team !!!

He's gonna ruin them :(

Loves_Shizuka
05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Which top teams has Morozov coached before? I mean, more than just choreo for one programme...

Asli
05-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Which top teams has Morozov coached before? I mean, more than just choreo for one programme...

His longest-term students were Grushina/Goncharov. :scream:
Bourne/Kraatz in 2002 and 2003.
He also worked with Chait/Sakhnovski, but I think they were rather Tarasova's students.

Loves_Shizuka
05-12-2011, 09:52 AM
His longest-term students were Grushina/Goncharov. :scream:

:scream: x100

Hedwig
05-12-2011, 10:24 AM
One of the Ukrainian couples were his as well I think?

iris81
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Yes, Zadorozhniuk-Verbillo. And also he coached Frazer-Lukanin from Azerbaijan.

iris81
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Vaitsehovskaya in her blog writes that Morozov has not said final "yes" to I-K.
Zhulin was abroad, he returns to Russia today, she plans to talk to him (don't know if there will be interview or just private conversation).

Asli
05-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Yes, since Loves_Shizuka asked about the "top teams", I only mentioned the medalists. He worked with quite a lot of lower-level teams.

MarieM
05-12-2011, 11:00 AM
And he ruined Isabelle Delobel. Totally. Thanks Mr Potato.

Elena & Nikita please RUN back to Sasha !!!

ice9
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm still in denial. :wuzrobbed

Loves_Shizuka
05-12-2011, 11:50 AM
And he ruined Isabelle Delobel. Totally.

What do you mean??

millipied
05-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Surely he is spending a lot of time for the TV show. OTOH he had very few students, he had said he spent three hours a day on the ice and has a very good assistant coach in Volkov. Vlasova was working with them, which is great too.

Other busy coaches can't give too much time to each skater either. Albena Denkova had said that they had one 45-minute lesson a day with Natalya Linichuk, yet they weren't complaining. How much time can Shpilband/Zoueva spend with each of their ten or so couples? Morozov's focus is on his many singles students and he's going to work with V/T during the off-season too. He doesn't have such a good assistant coach as Volkov. So there is no guarantee I/K will receive more attention.

I'm amazed that the Russian federation risks alienating such a coach as Zhulin, one of the two best ice dance coaches working in Russia, together with Gorshkov. Morozov is hardly an ice-dance coach, besides he is likely to get the hell out of Russia the minute the Sochi Games are over. Probably Zhulin's TV committments will be over in a few years (those shows can't go on forever) and then what will tie him to Russia, if the federation is against him?

From what I heard Zhulin himself is not interested in coaching at this stage of his career. I suspect this might have been mutual decision. The fact that P/B also departed hints at that too.
Also Morozov's latest interview indicates that he wants to gain traction with in Russia and focus on country team. He is done with foreign students. I expect him to drop a lot of students now. Amodio and Fernandez will certainly be gone by end of Summer.Ando is busy being pregnant and getting married. From top athletes, he will have Voronov, Leonova and maybe I/K if the trials go well.

MarieM
05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
What do you mean??
He ruined her confidence. He gave her bad advices as far as technique was concerned (no using your toe picks all the time isn't ice dancing at all for example) and made her believe she had to lose a lot of weight. It took her 2 to 3 years to gain back her confidence !

Taso
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
This thread is depressing :fragile:

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
To be honest, Isabelle did have some weight issues.