PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

shine
05-11-2011, 08:54 PM
OMG. Death to my soul.
Seriously, WHY?

Well here's hoping that Morozov will merely be a temporary stepping stone. Hopefully once they've got the discipline in technique they'll go somewhere else ASAP. Morozov has no artistic vision and I just don't see how he will be able to nurture all the potential in this team in the long run.

aka_gerbil
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I wish Zhulin will find a dance team that appreciates him and respects him.

P/B did, but they were forced out by the RSF... I'd imagine at this point that both P/B and Zhulin/Volkov are ill over it.

Asli
05-11-2011, 09:57 PM
According to Elena's formspring http://www.formspring.me/Shindlerlist they canceled their summer vacation (2 days ago she wrote they are going to Turkey) and started preparation for new season. She writes that now they are working 14 hours a day.

The "14 hours" thing is a joke though, right?

I wish they had taken a vacation. This season was very long and they must be exhausted.

Is Morozov in Russia right now, or has he already gone to the US?

BittyBug
05-11-2011, 11:01 PM
The "14 hours" thing is a joke though, right?I certainly hope so, as that pace is definitely not sustainable.

dinakt
05-12-2011, 12:50 AM
The "14 hours" thing is a joke though, right?

I wish they had taken a vacation. This season was very long and they must be exhausted.

Is Morozov in Russia right now, or has he already gone to the US?

I think I read on FSO that he is leaving Russia on May 14 or 15, but I might be wrong. I'll try to find the info.

risto1803
05-12-2011, 01:04 AM
If they had to leave Zhulin, I wish they went to Linichuk.

oleada
05-12-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm still hoping it's not true.

risto1803
05-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm still hoping it's not true.

Arthur Verners confirms it on his forum forum http://www.wer-art.com/conf/.

Does Verner says his daughter (or some relative???) trains under Zhulin?

dinakt
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Arthur Verners confirms it on his forum forum http://www.wer-art.com/conf/.

Does Verner says his daughter (or some relative???) trains under Zhulin?

Verner calls her "my daughter twice removed". I have no idea what he means- there is no such relation in Russian, it's some play on words (stepdaughter? granddaughter? step- granddaughter? you guess is as good as mine).

Coco
05-12-2011, 02:46 AM
How can you doubt this girl's work ethic? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk-iEgA8uzc

bek
05-12-2011, 02:57 AM
I think in terms of Zhulin "part time coach" that where there is smoke there is fire. And I'm not so sure given how inconsistent I/K have been this season that he is the right coach for them. Not so sure Nicolai is either, in a lot of ways maybe Linchuk would have been best. (although who can forget DomShabs)

This being said maybe B/S could go to Zhulin now. To be quite frank what that team needs more than anything IS better programs/packaging. And I think Zhulin could maybe give that to them.

risto1803
05-12-2011, 04:18 AM
This being said maybe B/S could go to Zhulin now. To be quite frank what that team needs more than anything IS better programs/packaging. And I think Zhulin could maybe give that to them.

Why would they do that? It is obvious that the Russian Federation doesn't favor Zhulin and they are doing everything to destroy him as a coach. Why would they go to a coach that is not in favor of the federation? They may not even make the team for Euros and Worlds.

Autumn_girl
05-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Not so sure about B/S, but I wouldn't mind if Monko/Khaliavin will go to Zhulin. I don't see many ways to improve for them in Kustarova's group. Or at least Sinitsina/Zhiganshin. Kustarova has many good teams and doesn't seem to be able to give them right packaging, so I think it's time to share ;)

I just hope Morozov knows how special Elena and Nikita are and will give them everything he can. And I hope I/K themself understand that they need to work really hard if they don't want to be beaten by teams like the Shibs (who, IMO, don't have even a half of I/K's talent) again

Asli
05-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I think in terms of Zhulin "part time coach" that where there is smoke there is fire.

Surely he is spending a lot of time for the TV show. OTOH he had very few students, he had said he spent three hours a day on the ice and has a very good assistant coach in Volkov. Vlasova was working with them, which is great too.

Other busy coaches can't give too much time to each skater either. Albena Denkova had said that they had one 45-minute lesson a day with Natalya Linichuk, yet they weren't complaining. How much time can Shpilband/Zoueva spend with each of their ten or so couples? Morozov's focus is on his many singles students and he's going to work with V/T during the off-season too. He doesn't have such a good assistant coach as Volkov. So there is no guarantee I/K will receive more attention.

I'm amazed that the Russian federation risks alienating such a coach as Zhulin, one of the two best ice dance coaches working in Russia, together with Gorshkov. Morozov is hardly an ice-dance coach, besides he is likely to get the hell out of Russia the minute the Sochi Games are over. Probably Zhulin's TV committments will be over in a few years (those shows can't go on forever) and then what will tie him to Russia, if the federation is against him?

Hedwig
05-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I too am worried about them not taking a vacation. Burn-out anyone? Everyone needs to be away from work for a few weeks per year.

About Morozov: I still pretend it is not true.
Last year I lost my heart to Amodio and he went to Morozov who destroyed everything I loved about Amodio.
I/K I loved even more and now I fear the same will happen to them. :( In a million depressions. :(