PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

zotza
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
And Zhulin is the coach of the 2006 Olympic Champions and the 2011 European ones, and a much more accomplished athlete in his own right.Plus...he has promoted I/K extremely well,has taken advantage of the hype and all.
Now, if they think they didn't get a medal because of him, I guess they expect more from theirselves too soon.I guess we'll see..
And I wouldn't write off B/S and R/T that easily, unless RF decides their team according to Vaichekhovskaya's (spelling?) blog and the rest of the journalists and skaters' family.
In the meantime, Z/S are working like crazy and probably are very happy because the RF doesn't know yet how to organise and help their teams for Sochi.And their teams promote their friendship and unity and win medals.

risto1803
05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
What are the chances that Morozov and Zhulin will work together as coaches?

millipied
05-13-2011, 12:32 AM

Perhaps Morozov can hire Zhulin as his assistant:)

shine
05-13-2011, 12:36 AM
and having a coach like Morozov might help them in the PCS department just because he is the coach of so many champions.
WTH? :confused:

risto1803
05-13-2011, 12:58 AM
They already have good technique, and having a coach like Morozov might help them in the PCS department just because he is the coach of so many champions.

I think they will get higher PCS scores under Morozov, but not necessarily because they will improve. Some other factors influence the PCS, such as:

- Morozov coaches skaters from many countries, and is closed to many federations; and the federations have influence over the judges. Nothing new; Linichuk was doing the same thing in the 90s

- Morozov is really favored by the Russian Federation, and being coached by the favorite coach would probably mean that I/K will be Russian number 1 team. Therefore the Russian federation will do all that they can do to politic about them; so PCS go up.

From political point of you, this is probably good move for I/K. But for the quality-not sure. On the other hand who cares about quality-just make those levels 4.

aka_gerbil
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I think they will get higher PCS scores under Morozov, but not necessarily because they will improve. Some other factors influence the PCS, such as:

- Morozov coaches skaters from many countries, and is closed to many federations; and the federations have influence over the judges. Nothing new; Linichuk was doing the same thing in the 90s

- Morozov is really favored by the Russian Federation, and being coached by the favorite coach would probably mean that I/K will be Russian number 1 team. Therefore the Russian federation will do all that they can do to politic about them; so PCS go up.

From political point of you, this is probably good move for I/K. But for the quality-not sure. On the other hand who cares about quality-just make those levels 4.

Wasn't COP supposed to end all of this kind of stuff?

Coco
05-13-2011, 02:51 AM

Honestly, as I posted in another thread, Zhulin should think about positioning himself as the next TAT. You know, consultant to all the top skaters. It would fit with his Ice Age work.

a56
05-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Wasn't COP supposed to end all of this kind of stuff?
Theoretically, COP was supposed to make corruption much harder to accomplish. At any rate, it would be much harder for federations to pressure judges. The judging assignments draw (which countries can send judges in particular disciplines to Euros, Worlds, World Juniors, 4Cont.) is done in late fall of the year before.

millipied
05-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Reports are that the first few days of intensive training with Morosov were success and I/K are very happy.

MarieM
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
And I now have death in my soul.

No no no no no :( :( :( :( :(

marbri
05-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Reports are that the first few days of intensive training with Morosov were success and I/K are very happy.

And that's maybe something good for fans of I&K to hold onto. If the skaters are happy where they are they are more likely to put in the effort it takes and enjoy all the hard work.

No one can kill what that girl has, not even Morozov, I think people should just take a deep breath and see what comes of it.

Taso
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
And I now have death in my soul.

No no no no no :( :( :( :( :(

I am in 13 million depressions :fragile: :fragile: :fragile:

risto1803
05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Something needed to change even if they stayed with Zhulin. Let's see what will the partnership with Morozov produce. If they don't show results next season, they will look for another coach.

My concern with Morozov is that there are many skaters in his group, and not many ice dancers: Ando, Amodio, Leonova, Voronov, Fernandez, C/L, I/K. I read that he will also work (probably part time) with Shelepen and Lipinskaya. But just to be full time coach to 7 skaters/teams is a bit too much. They can't get more than 2 hours of his attention per day; and he doesn't have any well established assistants.

Autumn_girl
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Something needed to change even if they stayed with Zhulin. Let's see what will the partnership with Morozov produce. If they don't show results next season, they will look for another coach.

My concern with Morozov is that there are many skaters in his group, and not many ice dancers: Ando, Amodio, Leonova, Voronov, Fernandez, C/L, I/K. I read that he will also work (probably part time) with Shelepen and Lipinskaya. But just to be full time coach to 7 skaters/teams is a bit too much. They can't get more than 2 hours of his attention per day; and he doesn't have any well established assistants.

There are also two junior Russian boys in his group, Kovtun and Efremenkov, and yes, he really works part time with Lipnitskaya (not sure about Shelepen). A lot of students, indeed, but from what I heard Morozov is a hard worker and also Victor Kudryavtsev helps skaters a lot with their jumps. But at least students don't complain and have good results, Miki just won Worlds, so maybe it's not that bad.
But if I/K's work ethic was the problem like some rumors and Zhulin himself say, then it can be even worse with Morozov, that's what I'm afraid of.

MarieM
05-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm more afraid of the fact that he CAN'T teach good ice dance basics. Point. And that's where everything lays here.