PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

MarieM
05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes, like Ando, Amodio, Fernandez, B/K and list goes on all got ruined. Overreaction much?
Nope.
Facts.
All the skaters that have endured his coaching have been ruined or big failures as far as technique is concerned.
And ice dance IS ALL about technique now. So they're toast if they go to him, since they are not secured technically speaking. They need at least two more years of work on the technique, and only on that.
And Morozov is gonna make his move on Elena as soon as she's grown enough. He's gonna ruin their relationship, he's gonna ruin the most promising junior ice dancing team I've ever seen in 25 years.

I sure hope B&S move. that's a good news. Unless they go to Morozov too :(

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Nope.
Facts.
All the skaters that have endured his coaching have been ruined or big failures as far as technique is concerned.
And ice dance IS ALL about technique now. So they're toast if they go to him, since they are not secured technically speaking. They need at least two more years of work on the technique, and only on that.
And Morozov is gonna make his move on Elena as soon as she's grown enough. He's gonna ruin their relationship, he's gonna ruin the most promising junior ice dancing team I've ever seen in 25 years.

I sure hope B&S move. that's a good news. Unless they go to Morozov too :(

I am sure athletes themselves along Gold medals hanging around their necks can argue with you about your statement there.

And you must be psychic to know what will happen to Elena. Well let's see.

risto1803
05-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I am sure athletes themselves along Gold medals hanging around their necks can argue with you about your statement there.

Morozov has only one gold medal in ice dancing (2003 Worlds) with B/K. But let's be real, B/K spent years and years training with Dubova who gave them the technique, then years with Tarasova who polish them, and 3-4 moths alone with Morozov before they won the gold medal.

And I hope you remember Grushinina/Gincarov's programs. But maybe you liked them, who knows.

Asli
05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.championat.ru/other/_skating/news-802104.html

Thank you. As I had imagined, he does not say anything about pressure from the French federation, because he isn't so clueless as to expect P/B to stay with him against the wishes of their federation. He also does not say that P/B should have been stronger in withstanding pressure from the Russian federation. I think he makes a fair assessment of the situation.

Zhulin: Pechalat and Bourzat could not stand the moral pressure

A famous Russian coach Alexander Zhulin openly expressed his opinion concerning the decision of the French pair Nathalie Pechalat / Fabien Bourzat to go to another coach.

"I think their departure was the result of moral pressure from the Russian figure skating federation, and at the same time from my second pair - Ilinykh / Katsalapov.

Do not get me wrong. Our federation behaved very honorably. We provide the ice and all the conditions for training. But dissatisfaction with the fact that our ice in Moscow was used to train the European Champions, was present of course. This is normal. And the French, naturally, felt it. As for Ilinykh and Katsalapov, their progress has put pressure, especially as they grow. Pechalat and Bourzat, apparently, psychologically could not stand it" quoted Zhulin Sovsport.ru.

Also, the Russian coach said that the French couple took an independent decision to change coaches. "Is there a ban on coaches to work with foreign rivals?" " Well, nothing was directly told to me. The French have left themselves, "- added Zhulin.

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you. As I had imagined, he does not say anything about pressure from the French federation, because he isn't so clueless as to expect P/B to stay with him against the wishes of their federation. He also does not say that P/B should have been stronger in withstanding pressure from the Russian federation. I think he makes a fair assessment of the situation.

We probably reading differently but 1. he states they had pressure, 2. it was from Russian federation, 3. they could not handle it.
Now he also throw in I/K there, but other reports along with I/K ultimate departure indicates to me that they were not such a problem.
Anyway, I am sick of this debate now.
It's done, they are gone and looking to the future. I am with them on this for now until I see the results. Fans can keep whining.

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Morozov has only one gold medal in ice dancing (2003 Worlds) with B/K. But let's be real, B/K spent years and years training with Dubova who gave them the technique, then years with Tarasova who polish them, and 3-4 moths alone with Morozov before they won the gold medal.

And I hope you remember Grushinina/Gincarov's programs. But maybe you liked them, who knows.

He never had gold medal in single skating before what's her name.
Also are we talking about winning or about good programs? Two rarely similar concepts. His programs win today, that's all that matters.

quiqie
05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
As for P/B, they may have been happy with what Zhulin done and their training conditions but Zhulin believes that athletes should have been stronger in withstanding any pressue from feds either Rus or French. And obviously now with I/K left, they maybe could continue since no Russian team is in Zhulin's camp.
Now that I/K presumably have left Zhulin, he doesn't have any national team members in his group and therefore won't have an access to the training facilities (Megasport, Novogorsk, etc), at least not as much as before. No I/K - no ice for P/B :P

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Now that I/K presumably have left Zhulin, he doesn't have any national team members in his group and therefore won't have an access to the training facilities (Megasport, Novogorsk, etc), at least not as much as before. No I/K - no ice for P/B :P
Well, that is exactly Russian Federation's argument. Can you blame them?

Asli
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
We probably reading differently but 1. he states they had pressure, 2. it was from Russian federation, 3. they could not handle it.

According to you, Zhulin had said P/B "should have been stronger" in handling pressure from the Russian and French federations.

In the quote you gave, the French federation is not mentioned and Zhulin makes no judgement about P/B's succumbing to the pressure from the Russian federation that owns their rink, employs their coach and even provides their housing.

Anyway, I am sick of this debate now.

You make it look like Zhulin is disparaging P/B. This may not matter to you, but it matters to others, for instance me. :P So if you don't want an answer, quote correctly.

As for I/K, if it is their own decision to leave Zhulin and go to Morozov, it bothers me a lot less than if their federation or their mothers were putting pressure on them. At least they will have deserved whatever happens, good or bad. :saint:

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
According to you, Zhulin had said P/B "should have been stronger" in handling pressure from the Russian and French federations.

In the quote you gave, the French federation is not mentioned and Zhulin makes no judgement about P/B's succumbing to the pressure from the Russian federation that owns their rink, employs their coach and even provides their housing.

You make it look like Zhulin is disparaging P/B. This may not matter to you, but it matters to others, for instance me. :P So if you don't want an answer, quote correctly.

As for I/K, if it is their own decision to leave Zhulin and go to Morozov, it bothers me a lot less than if their federation or their mothers were putting pressure on them. At least they will have deserved whatever happens, good or bad. :saint:

He did not state it, he implied it.So I apologize to P/B and Zhulin if I am misreading that.

And I agree, their decision and their take full responsibility for that. I will support them whatever they do. They young enough and smart enough to correct any future mistakes if they were to occure.

risto1803
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM
His programs win today, that's all that matters.

His programs are winning in ice dancing? :rofl:

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
His programs are winning in ice dancing? :rofl:

In mens, ladies, pairs, YES. Ice dancing? well, let's wait and see, shall we? You just stated yourself that he had not trained ice dancers, give him a chance. I/K sure have faith in him.

Asli
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
And I agree, their decision and their take full responsibility for that. I will support them whatever they do. They young enough and smart enough to correct any future mistakes if they were to occure.

I'm glad we agree on that. According to your post on the Euros tickets thread, we may have adjacent seats for all-event tickets, so we have until January to stop biting each other's heads off.

I suggest you don't pronounce the word "Morozov" and I'll refrain from saying "Zhulin".

So, I hope you are having a nice day. :saint:

millipied
05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm glad we agree on that. According to your post on the Euros tickets, we may have adjacent seats for all-event tickets, so we have until January to stop biting each other's heads off.

I suggest you don't pronounce the word "Morozov" and I'll refrain from saying "Zhulin".

So, I hope you are having a nice day. :saint:

Whee, can't wait:D

Autumn_girl
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Well, if I understood it right, it's complicated. There were some conflicts in Zhulin's group right before Worlds and I/K even left him but only for 5 days or so and then came back. Their mothers are involved in training process and weren't satisfied with the results, Russian FS Federation wasn't happy either. All these reasons together gave us what we have now... Hard to tell whose fault it was, was it Zhulin who didn't give them enough of attention, was it I/K's work ethic or anything else and we probably will never know the truth.
But Morozov didn't say his final "yes" to them yet and everything can change.