PDA

View Full Version : Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

Asli
05-12-2011, 01:11 PM
From what I heard Zhulin himself is not interested in coaching at this stage of his career. I suspect this might have been mutual decision. The fact that P/B also departed hints at that too.

According to Pechalat/Bourzat, if all depended on Zhulin, Volkov and themselves, they would be still training with Zhulin/Volkov. The French press made a big deal of of pressure from the Russian federation. So I don't believe P/B's departure hints at Zhulin's unwillingness.

I don't think it was a mutual decision with I/K either. For one thing, if this decision were mutual, it would not be taken while Zhulin was abroad.

MarieM
05-12-2011, 01:13 PM
To be honest, Isabelle did have some weight issues.
Yeah like all skaters BTW.
But not to the point of when she came back, she was nearly anorexic sure :rolleyes:
I am sure in a few years we'll hear of dear Igor problems with his girls too. Time will tell.
But Morozov is a jerk with that.

Asli : exactly. It's a move to push Zhulin away.
Let him go abroad, and bring Volkov with him.

marbri
05-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I too am worried about them not taking a vacation. Burn-out anyone? Everyone needs to be away from work for a few weeks per year.

About Morozov: I still pretend it is not true.
Last year I lost my heart to Amodio and he went to Morozov who destroyed everything I loved about Amodio.
I/K I loved even more and now I fear the same will happen to them. :( In a million depressions. :(

It's possible that if they have changed coaches that the new coach is available now because most of his/her other students are taking a post worlds break. Maybe they will get their break later on.

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:16 PM
According to Pechalat/Bourzat, if all depended on Zhulin, Volkov and themselves, they would be still training with Zhulin/Volkov. The French press made a big deal of of pressure from the Russian federation. So I don't believe P/B's departure hints at Zhulin's unwillingness.

I don't think it was a mutual decision with I/K either. For one thing, if this decision were mutual, it would not be taken while Zhulin was abroad.

The decision was made way before Zhulin went abroad both with I/K and P/B. And I/K were already on the bubble even before Russian Federation put any "pressure" on Zhulin. They left him briefly last year but decided to come back after could not find suitable alternative. As someone mentioned above, I/K departure is not Ruissan Federation decision but theirs and their parents as Vaytsekhovaksya informs us. I can not comment on P/B claims but in one of the recent interview Zhulin stated that while RF did express "silent concerns" about using their resources to train P/B, it was not as bad as P/B make it look like. His exact words were that P/B could not handle the pressure and not in a good way.

Taso
05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I just don't understand wanting Morozov, I don't get it. If they wanted to change coaches & stay in Russia, why not Gorshkov? Well, I guess training against Ryazanova & Tkachenko could get weird. I don't like this :(

MarieM
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM
They're ruined. If the Morozov is true. He was a BAD ice dancer. Really bad. And him dating all his female students gets in the way of things.

Taso
05-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I really should block FSU, this is a nightmare. My only hope for watchable dance in the long term....

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
They're ruined. If the Morozov is true. He was a BAD ice dancer. Really bad. And him dating all his female students gets in the way of things.

Yes, like Ando, Amodio, Fernandez, B/K and list goes on all got ruined. Overreaction much?

Taso
05-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes, like Ando, Amodio, Fernandez, B/K and list goes on all got ruined. Overreaction much?

I liked them all more before, yes :P

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I liked them all more before, yes :P

And I like cheesecake. Maybe it's about them not about what fans like or dislike.
They are athletes and want to win. They believe they can do it with Morozov. And he has track record of helping many to achieve their goals. Let's see how that works out before casting any judgement. No disrespect towards you and I do have concerns just like you do.

Taso
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Also, especially compared to B&K who had been medal contenders for YEARS before going to Morozov, I&K are still developing their technique. That's what scares me more than packaging, because they could always leave him and go to someone else for different packaging if this didn't work out. But correcting technique...uh oh...

Asli
05-12-2011, 01:29 PM
The decision was made way before Zhulin went abroad both with I/K and P/B. And I/K were already on the bubble even before Russian Federation put any "pressure" on Zhulin. They left him briefly last year but decided to come back after could not find suitable alternative. As someone mentioned above, I/K departure is not Ruissan Federation decision but theirs and their parents as Vaytsekhovaksya informs us.

I don't understand you. You said that Zhulin wasn't interested in coaching and that I/K's departure was probably a mutual decision. I said that I don't think it was mutual. Now you are saying that it was I/K's and their parents' decision. Which one is your opinion?

About the pressure from the Russian federation, I said that in the context of P/B, not I/K. However, I/K must also have the backing of their federation in this move because otherwise, whatever their mothers did, Morozov wouldn't even consider taking them.

I can not comment on P/B claims but in one of the recent interview Zhulin stated that while RF did express "silent concerns" about using their resources to train P/B, it was not as bad as P/B make it look like. His exact words were that P/B could not handle the pressure and not in a good way.

P/B have only praise for Zhulin, Volkov, Moscow and their training conditions in Russia. And by praise, I mean overwhelming praise, bursting into praise whenever there is a microphone in front of them. Such as "I can say that I have been skating for only three years (since they moved to Moscow)." They don't make anything "look bad." The French press picked up some declarations by Russian ministry of sports officials.

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't understand you. You said that Zhulin wasn't interested in coaching and that I/K's departure was probably a mutual decision. I said that I don't think it was mutual. Now you are saying that it was I/K's and their parents decision. Which one is your opinion?

About the pressure from the Russian federation, I said that in the context of P/B, not I/K. However, I/K must also have the backing of their federation in this move because otherwise, whatever their mothers did, Morozov wouldn't even consider taking them.

P/B have only praise for Zhulin, Volkov, Moscow and their training conditions in Russia. And by praise, I mean overwhelming praise, bursting into praise whenever there is a microphone in front of them. Such as "I can say that I have been skating for only three years (since they moved to Moscow)." They don't make anything "look bad." The French press picked up some declarations by Russian ministry of sports officials.

I merely stating that RF did not pressure either side to leave or stay, according to Verner, both sides were not happy with the realtionship. Ultimately, athletes decided to leave. That's all.
As for P/B, they may have been happy with what Zhulin done and their training conditions but Zhulin believes that athletes should have been stronger in withstanding any pressue from feds either Rus or French. And obviously now with I/K left, they maybe could continue since no Russian team is in Zhulin's camp.
However again, I believe Zhulin's priorities are elsewhere, so only team that is happy with that can be happy with him.

And now rumors are emerging that B/S are considering a move.

Asli
05-12-2011, 01:44 PM
As for P/B, they may have been happy with what Zhulin done and their training conditions but Zhulin believes that athletes should have been stronger in withstanding any pressue from feds either Rus or French. And obviously now with I/K left, they maybe could continue since no Russian team is in Zhulin's camp.

No French skater, not even world or olympic champions, can withstand pressure from the French Federation. There cannot be another opinion about this. I haven't seen such a quote from Zhulin. Do you have a link?

The French federation's understanding was that Zhulin would concentrate on I/K as the direct rivals of P/B for Sochi. That is surely why they withdrew P/B. However, they have probably agreed with Camerlengo and organised things months ago and they can't take their word back because I/K left. Especially since there is no guarantee that Zhulin won't take another Russian team.

And now rumors are emerging that B/S are considering a move.

Good for them. About time too. ;)

millipied
05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
No French skater, not even world or olympic champions, can withstand pressure from the French Federation. There cannot be another opinion about this. I haven't seen such a quote from Zhulin. Do you have a link?

http://www.championat.ru/other/_skating/news-802104.html