PDA

View Full Version : Faiella/Scali change their minds and want to skate some more!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

casken
05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
You did not like "Manolete"? I thought it was an amazing program, which could have become legendary if it had been performed to its potential.

It's not so much like or dislike, I just found that it wasn't as well designed or constructed compared to their 2008-2009 FDs.

There's too much skating in hand to hand position, too much side by side skating, the connecting movement consisting mostly of an occasional twizzle here and there rather than developed choreography and connections, too many stops, posing, uneven flow, lackluster lifts, Faiella's costuming in both programs highlighting her round shoulders and making her look too big and awkward for him, etc...

Compare to 2008. (http://youtu.be/6YOeSb3j720)

More elaborate holds and connecting movements, excellent and thoughtful use of the free legs, more developed choreography, lifts better incorporated into program, far more consistent flow, super costuming for Faiella with fabric distracting from her upper back and shoulders while also making her look more light and whispy, etc.

F&S were in direct contention with B&A there and even Susie Wynne couldn't talk them down because that program was so fab.

dinakt
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks for replying, casken- I'll try to compare both programs from the technical point of view ( and hopefully learn smth).

kwanfan1818
05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm glad Faiella had the surgery and is healing. From the newest website entry, they would have had to miss Moscow anyway for her to be healthy.

I, too, am hoping "Philadelphia" means Platov.

I can't wait to see what they do next year!

aftershocks
05-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Great! I've always enjoyed watching Frederica and Massimo, and seeing them get better and better over the years. This news makes me smile. :)

And ITA re hoping the Kerrs would also return. I missed them too at Worlds in Moscow.

Vagabond
05-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Come on everybody!
Lace your boots!
All you looking good!

I'm goona sing my song
It won't take long!
We're gonna do the twiz
and it goes like this:

Come on let's twiz again,
like we did last winter!
Yeaaah, let's twiz again,
like we did last year!

Do you remember when,
things were really hummin',
Yeaaaah, let's twiz again,
twizzlin' time is here!

Heeee, and round and round and up and down
we go again!
Oh, baby, make me know you love me sooooo,
and then:

Twiz again,
like we did last winter,
Come on, let's twiz again,
like we did last year!

TWIZ! YO!

Who's that flyin' up there?
Is it a bird? Noooooo!
Is it a plane? Noooooooo!
Is it Massimo? YEAAAAAAAHH!

Twiz again, like we did last winter,
Come on, Let's twiz again,
like we did last year!!!!

Do you remember when, things were really hummin',
twizzlin' time is here

Heeee, and round and round and up and down we go again!
Oh, baby, make me know, you love me sooooo! And then:
Come on, twiz again, like we did last winter,
let's twiz again, like we did last year!

twizzlin' time is heeeere!

:rockstar:

paskatefan
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Great! I've always enjoyed watching Frederica and Massimo, and seeing them get better and better over the years. This news makes me smile. :)

And ITA re hoping the Kerrs would also return. I missed them too at Worlds in Moscow.

Come on everybody!
Lace your boots!
All you looking good!

I'm goona sing my song
It won't take long!
We're gonna do the twiz
and it goes like this:

Come on let's twiz again,
like we did last winter!
Yeaaah, let's twiz again,
like we did last year!

Do you remember when,
things were really hummin',
Yeaaaah, let's twiz again,
twizzlin' time is here!

Heeee, and round and round and up and down
we go again!
Oh, baby, make me know you love me sooooo,
and then:

Twiz again,
like we did last winter,
like we did last year!

TWIZ! YO!

Who's that flyin' up there?
Is it a bird? Noooooo!
Is it a plane? Noooooooo!
Is it Massimo? YEAAAAAAAHH!

Twiz again, like we did last winter,
Come on, Let's twiz again,
like we did last year!!!!

Do you remember when, things were really hummin',
twizzlin' time is here

Heeee, and round and round and up and down we go again!
Oh, baby, make me know, you love me sooooo! And then:
Come on, twiz again, like we did last winter,
let's twiz again, like we did last year!

twizzlin' time is heeeere!

:rockstar:

Love this news! Come back to the Philly area (Mount Laurel, NJ?)!

vivika1982
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

They don't have to do those movements. Ice Dance is more than acrobatic tricks and they improved very much with K/C and L/K .I am happy that they decided to come back.All top S/Z's teams are good but some times it gets boring to watch similar programs and i hope F/S will continue to keep their style wherever they go and with whoever they choose to train.

sweetsparky
05-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Great news :cheer2: This was a really unlucky season for them so I hope they have a good return, especially at Europeans if they decide to compete there.

Sparks
05-10-2011, 10:39 PM
FWIW - They could be 50 years old and would still be known as The Baby Italians. :P

modern_muslimah
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
lol, How Lambiel of them ;)

I was thinking how Jay-Z of them but since this skating we're talking, I guess the Lambiel reference would be more appropriate. :lol:

plushenkofan
05-11-2011, 02:22 AM
And hopefully they return better than ever!

ostile17
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.

As long as she keeps her hands off the choreos, I hope they stick with Linichuk. Let's face it, she did wonders with them. They shone under her coaching, and reached their full potential and artistic maturity. They simply did not have "it" before moving to Aston, although the talent has always been there.

Couldn't be happier to see them again!

Forza Ragazzi!!!

ostile17
05-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Great news! :cheer2:

Now I want the CDs back! :lol:

Second that! :lol:

MikiAndoFan#1
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
And hopefully they return better than ever!

:respec:

LilJen
06-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Article from IFS (dated 5/28) says no, they are in fact retiring and have moved on. Discrepancy between when they were interviewed and when this was printed? Color me confused.

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/541-different-paths-for-federica-faiella-massimo-scali

Their most recent posting at their website (May 9) seems to indicate that they *will* in fact keep skating.
http://www.faiellascali.com/eng/MenuNewENG.html