PDA

View Full Version : Faiella/Scali change their minds and want to skate some more!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

yossalu
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I was thrilled to see this news. I've become a fan over the last few years and I really did miss their presence in Moscow. I do agree that they should keep their free dance for next season. We saw its potential at Euros and I think it really can become something special.

Now I just want to hear the same news from Sinead and John...

SLIVER
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
The decision to stop between euros and worlds was silly, esp when u then realise Shibs finished 3rd and Weaver 5th. Not taking anythin away from either team, they both skated beautifully but F/S could have taken both of them, esp with extra 5weeks of training...

Asli
05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
The decision to stop between euros and worlds was silly, esp when u then realise Shibs finished 3rd and Weaver 5th. Not taking anythin away from either team, they both skated beautifully but F/S could have taken both of them, esp with extra 5weeks of training...

I was thinking the same thing - a lost opportunity. :( They must be kicking themselves!

Their free dance was the most beautiful program of the year IMO. It would have made the competition so much richer.

centerpt1
05-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Great news! They are such a wonderful team. I wish them luck and success!!!

taf2002
05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

shah
05-09-2011, 11:47 PM
wheee, great news!

Come on John/Sinead follow their lead and come back from retirement too! Please!

I second that!

blue_idealist
05-10-2011, 12:29 AM

I think after seeing the Worlds field, they might have realized they could easily get a bronze again at their best.. esp. with the retirement of Sinead and John

arakwafan2006
05-10-2011, 02:48 AM
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!! and please let Linichuk be their coach... and please let them remain healthy... and please let them win...

great news

ice9
05-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Great news! :cheer2:

Now I want the CDs back! :lol:

MR-FAN
05-10-2011, 03:39 AM
lol, How Lambiel of them ;)

Aussie Willy
05-10-2011, 03:42 AM
I am very pleased for them. It would be nice for them to retire on their own terms, not forced out by injury. So good on them for continuing.

casken
05-10-2011, 03:51 AM

Yep. They must have been kicking themselves seeing the results. They would have been on the podium had they just stayed upright.

However, the Shibs and Russians are probably only going to keep getting better, so I don't know if this is going to work out for them. They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.

Taso
05-10-2011, 03:52 AM
They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

:lol: So true, so freakin pathetic, too....

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I hope they do come back. I like their style, and I feel they add interest to dance.

This! :cheer2:

Icedancing needs Federica and Massimo at the moment. I hope they do well. I needed to hear something positive. :rollin:

dinakt
05-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Yep. They must have been kicking themselves seeing the results. They would have been on the podium had they just stayed upright.

However, the Shibs and Russians are probably only going to keep getting better, so I don't know if this is going to work out for them. They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.

You did not like "Manolete"? I thought it was an amazing program, which could have become legendary if it had been performed to its potential.

I also am both glad they reconsidered retiring, and worry that it will not be easy for them to stay competitive with the up-and-comers.