PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 Junior Grand Prix Announcement & early discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

oleada
05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
who's in for junior pairs? with most of the top contenders from last year aging out, it could be a pretty weak year :(

I agree that this could be a transitional year for pairs, since the top teams are aging out. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing, there will be new teams for us to enjoy :)

Russia has a lot of young teams aging in. A small sample (The technical content listed here is from this season, but it could improve over the summer):

Tatiana Tudvaseva/Sergei Liseev (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8QCDd9ghRE) (J6, 1997/1993) - coached by Liudmila Kalinina (B/L's coach). They have a 3TTh and a 2A. Very nice speed, flow and musicality. They have a very classical look. This was their first full year together.

Elizaveta Semenova/Maxim Petukhov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7XmIHRmwA) (J8, 1997/1991) - Also coached by Kalinina. Have 2A, 3Sth, 3Loth. I think they could make a statement this year. They made some mistakes at Junior Nats which prevented a higher finish.

Lena Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyOMzWdZQ80) (1997/1994, J11) - very, very cute and charismatic, but also really young. They have a 3Twist and a 2A and side by side Biellmans :rollin:

Evgenia Kazantseva/Antonio Souza - Cordeiro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFSFC70ua1I) (1997/1993)- very new team, her first year in pairs. They are quite charming but lack the technical yet. They are coached by Arina Ushakova.

I don't know which teams will get JGPs ( I think it's quite likely the first two will), but they all show potential in varying degrees.

I was also really impressed with the American team of Aaron/Settlage when they won their novice title - far more impressed with them than any of the junior teams. I thought they had really nice musicality and programs. I remember they had at least a throw 3S and a 2A. I also think the Czech team of Kadlecova/Bidar hasn't aged out. They made the FS at Worlds. Ekaterina Petaikina/Maxim Kudukov (RUS) are also age-eligible, but I'm not sure if they are a match, size wise....a shame as they have really lovely moves.

Can anyone remind me what the throw for the pairs is this year? The loop? :o

Sylvia
05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
US JGP age-eligible pairs: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3185473&postcount=47

US JGP age-eligible dance teams: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3181469&postcount=25

Any new teams will be added to USFS' International Selection Pool (ISP) after they are monitored and/or compete this summer.

oubik
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I also think the Czech team of Kadlecova/Bidar hasn't aged out.

Can anyone remind me what the throw for the pairs is this year? The loop? :o

1/ Yes, Petr has one more year of Junior eligibility
2/ Yes, it´s loop

sammyf
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
who's in for junior pairs? with most of the top contenders from last year aging out, it could be a pretty weak year :(

These are the skaters who haven't aged out or split and should be skating junior next year. I'm not sure all these teams are official, but they've all been mentioned on FSU or competed last year and are all age eligible.

Stina Martini/Severin Kiefer AUT
Mariya Polyakova/Mikhail Fomichev BEL
Katie Bobak/Ian Beharry CAN
Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro CAN
Krystel Desjardins/Charlie Bilodeau CAN
Alexandra Young/Matthew Young CAN
Xiao Xue Chen/Bo Wen Song CHN
Mei Yi Li/Bo Jiang CHN
Yu Xiao Yu/Jin Yang CHN
WenJing Sui/Cong Han CHN
Xin Xin Fan/Xin Ze Liu CHN
Klara Kadlecova/Petr Bidar CZE
Minami Dobashi/Alexander Völler GER
Monika Peterka/Konrad Hocker-Scholler GER
Karolin Salatzki/Nolan Seegert GER
Linda Wenzig/Matti Landgraf GER
Heather Murdoch/Lewis Gibson GBR
Lidiya Voblenko/Vladimir Rudi KAZ
Racheal Epstein/Dmitry Epstein NED
Chiara Laffranchi/Benjamin Naggiar ITA
Sonia Manfredi/Nicolò Macii ITA
Magdalena Klatka/Radoslaw Chruscinski POL
Magdalena Jaskółka/Peter Snopek POL
Aleksandra Malinkiewicz/Sebastian Lofek POL
Anna Siedlecka/Jakub Tyc POL
Kristina Astakhova/Nikita Bochkov RUS
Anastasia Dolidze/Igor Chudinov RUS
Nadezhda Egorova/Andrey Kositsyn RUS
Lina Federova/Maxim Miroshkin RUS
Valeria Grechukhina/Andrey Filonov RUS
Yevgenya Kazantseva/Antonio Souza-Cordeiro RUS
Ekaterina Kuklina/Eduard Kushtanov RUS
Anastasia Ortikova/Mikhail Akulov RUS
Ekaterina Petaykina/Maksim Kurdukov RUS
Tatiana Tudvaseva/Sergei Lisyev RUS
Elizaveta Semenova/Maxim Petukhov RUS
Aleksandra Vasileva/Uriy Shevchuk RUS
Yana Volkova/Alexej Petrjanin RUS
Alexandra Rodriguez/Aritz Maestu ESP
Michelle Lundberg/Richard Lundberg SWE
Anais Morand/Timothy Leemann SUI
Julia Lavrentjeva/Jurij Rudyk UKR
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage USA
Morgan Agster/Adam Civiello USA
Jessica Calalang/Zack Sidhu USA
Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier USA
Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton USA
Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan USA
Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz USA
Christine Mozer/Daniel O'Shea USA
Alexandria Shaughnessy/James Morgan USA
Britney Simpson/Matthew Blackmer USA
Ali Smith/Craig Segall USA

Teams that I'm not sure if they are age eligible but they may be
Tamara Jurkiewicz/Alex Arpin CAN
Melissa Kustra/Paul Schatz CAN
Rebecca Marsh/Christopher Blackmore CAN
Gabriella DeBono/Christopher Sisca CAN
Mary Orr/Anthony Furiano CAN
Leah Hyslop/Bob Goodwin CAN
Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton CAN
Vasilisa Davankova/Semen Kazantsev RUS
Maria Deryabina/Vladimir Arhipov RUS
Ekaterina Krutskikh/Vladimir Morozov RUS
Natalia Kolodko/Alexander Myskina RUS
Catherine Pribilof/Arseniy Repkin RUS
Zoya Rogovtseva/Pavel Kovalev RUS
Ekaterina Serzhantova/Yaroslav Maslov RUS
Pauline Vetoshkin/Ivan Pavlichenko RUS
Maria Vigalova/Egor Zakroev RUS

HisWeirness
05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking Sui/Han will go fully senior for 2011-12 because she will be 15 years old (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012227.htm) (according to ISU bio) by July 1, so they can do senior ISU Championships in 2011-12. They've already won the Jr. World title twice and medaled at the senior GP final.

oleada
05-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Thanks for all the info, Sammy!

Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro CAN
Kristina Astakhova/Nikita Bochkov RUS
Aleksandra Vasileva/Uriy Shevchuk RUS

I don't think these teams are long for this world, if they haven't split already. The first two are having size mismatchs now that the ladies have grown; and there were rumors of Vasileva/Shevchuk splitting.

These teams are age eligible for the 2011/2012 season (birthdates in m/d/y):

Ekaterina Krutskikh & Vladimir Morozov (10.30.97 & 11.1.92)
Maria Deryabina & Vladimir Arhipov (10.22.96 & 9.9.94)
Vasilisa Davankova & Semen Kazantsev (5.2.98 & 12.17.93)

The following teams are too young (birthdays in m/d/y format)

Ekaterina Serzhantova & Yaroslav Maslov (12.8.98 & 3.4.94)
Maria Vigalova & Egor Zakroev (1999/12.31.93)
Natalia Kolodko & Alexander Myskin (11.2.00 & 9.5.93)
Ekaterina Pribilof & Arseniy Repkin (1999 & 1995)
Polina Vetoshkina & Ivan Pavlichenko (2000 & 1997

I've only seen videos of like two couples on the list, but I liked what I saw of Serzhantova & Maslov :D Young team trying some big elements.

yfbg722
05-19-2011, 01:43 AM

Arpin is listed as 21 on his Canada Winter Games bio so he has aged out. Furiano has aged out. Sisca has also aged out for this coming year.

I am amazed at the number of Russian jr. teams. They are clearly doing something right!

Great list Sammy F. Thanks!

emilieh
05-19-2011, 04:29 AM

Arpin, Sisca, and Furiano have already aged out. Arpin & Sisca turned 21 last fall, Furiano just this month.

I'd thought that Orr & Furiano would have a year on the junior level, it's too bad that he's not just a couple of months younger.

Kustra/Schatz (ages 16/20), Marsh/Blackmore (18/17), Hyslop/Goodwin (15/19), Conway & Sherriff-Clayton (14/18) are all eligible, if they are still together.

sandra_persch
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Karolin Salatzki/Nolan Seegert GER

Unfortunately Karolin hasn't fully recovered from her injury / health issues yet. The German Pairs SKating Fanclub is reporting tha Nolan will be skating with a new partner very soon. Karolin will be taking a year off to fully recover as recommended by her doctors.

oubik
05-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Mariya Polyakova/Mikhail Fomichev BEL

Sammy, those two are from BLR, not Belgium ;)

oubik
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately Karolin hasn't fully recovered from her injury / health issues yet. The German Pairs SKating Fanclub is reporting tha Nolan will be skating with a new partner very soon. Karolin will be taking a year off to fully recover as recommended by her doctors.

That´s sad.

Will Jessica Füssinger with Franz Streubel be ISU Junior eligible next season? I suppose, yes.

sandra_persch
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
That´s sad.

Will Jessica Füssinger with Franz Streubel be ISU Junior eligible next season? I suppose, yes.

They would be age eligible. I haven't seen them skating together yet as Franz was injured. I have my doubts that the German Federation will let them do a JGP without any competition experience.

They are holding test skates for every JGP this season so you never know what will happen

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/2011-LG-Termine.pdf

grandma
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Füssinger and Streubel are not doing pairs.
Salatzki has resigned from pairs, she is afraid of heights , has become too tall and has been skating in Syncro for some time. Keeping her in BK, was support given by the DEU to the Berlin federation in order for them to not loose another skater for their BK ranking. I think Nolan might skate with Kavita Lorenz.
THE JGP SKATE OUTS ARE "primarily" ONLY FOR SINGLE SKATERS !!! This is the official wording of the DEU.
Matti Landgraf has sustained a foot injury, so hopefully he will be ok again in time for the JGPs. Otherwise it seems to be rather bleek on the german junior pairs front.

sandra_persch
05-24-2011, 05:30 PM
THE JGP SKATE OUTS ARE "primarily" ONLY FOR SINGLE SKATERS !!! This is the official wording of the DEU.
Matti Landgraf has sustained a foot injury, so hopefully he will be ok again in time for the JGPs. Otherwise it seems to be rather bleek on the german junior pairs front.

Lets hope they monitor the dance teams too. they have 4 teams in DC with keeping one of the better ones off the DC Team. Well maybe their regional skating body appealed and they are added later on.

I can see Dieck / Zenkner and Koch / Nüchtern get 2 spots each. If they don't use the Australia spot then there is still 1 spot up for grabs with 5 teams trying to get one ... or if they use Australia then its 5 teams and 2 spots and I would really like to see Vogel / Preiss and Schiffner / Salatzki getting them :P

In pairs I really really hope they give Peterke / Hocker-Scholler a change even though its only their second season together and their first on the junior circuit.

National Coaches conference it this weekend. I would love to play fly on the wall to see what comes out of it.

While I love the older skaters to bit I would rather see the JGP spots going to some of the younger skaters like Nicole Schott, Jessica Füssinger, Christina Erdel and Julia Pfrengle.

In mens its only 5 spots and I have a feeling the older guys might get 1 or 2 spots each and the younger one getting Junior Bs instead

grandma
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Well Sandra the whole BK list is an entire joke. If one takes in all the mediocre dance couples into the D/C why exclude one couple who was injured. It seemed as if only a few people were aware that one needed to compete at the DEU Pokal in order to get into BK. On the other hand why take in Aldinger and then leave Betke and Stiefel out ?
The whole Pairs list is a joke. Except for our top 2 senior pairs, absolutely none of the others fulfilled the requirements set at the beginning of the season.
If prominent skaters like Julia Pfrengle had not been injured and Frau Treitz or Frau Schindler had not had an interest to conserve their BK status a S Kader would never have been agreed to. So thank you to Julia for helping all the other injured and pair skaters without a partner this season to having a S Kader set up.
The next big joke is going to be the list of athletes newly set up into the Bundeswehr.