PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race Finale!! -- "This is Where It Ends"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

shan
05-14-2011, 08:32 PM
This brings back lovely memories:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtD0RUIXn6o

That's exactly how a finale should be!!

It's amazing how close the frats were to getting it right. Not that I'm complaining because I wanted BJ&Tyler to win.

That was a very satisfying finale!!

Beefcake
05-14-2011, 10:05 PM
:rofl: "Eric's got the brains of the group, so I 'm lettin' him go with it"

1000% truth, but still ... it wasn't enough.

OTOH, "BJ went to Harvard and Stanford, so [he should be good at this]"

Uh, not so much, Jeremy. Education isn't necessarily tied to simply noting and remembering where you've been and what flags looked like.

:cheer: BJ & Tyler :cheer:

Loved that finish. F'n loved it. Was so cool to watch each of BJ's flags go "correct" at the end.

shan
05-15-2011, 11:52 PM
It just hit me that AR is over this season! :wuzrobbed:

Bev Johnston
05-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Finally got to watch the finale. Have to say that I am very satisfied with the winning team. A few weeks ago when everyone was dead to me, I said this:

I think smart hottie Justin deserves to be dissed by the Trotters or trampled over by Jen and Keisha on his way to the finish line.

Even though I think Justin got his just desserts for helping the GTs, I was still sad not to see J/Z in the final three.

Garden Kitty
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Congrats to the couple! (www.people.com/people/article/0,,20487898,00.html)

Really a lot to like about those two, good All American kids, even if they did bore me a bit within TAR with their lack of drama, respect for others, and their eleventyseven leg wins.

I don't think I even remember them :shuffle:

Stefanie
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I feel so lost on Sunday night without TAR. :(

skatemomaz
05-16-2011, 08:01 PM

I only remember Cheyne because of the hair, I remember thinking it looked stupid, and it still looks stupid. :P

I felt so lost last night. :wuzrobbed

Garden Kitty
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Q and A with Phil Keoghan (http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/qa_phil_keoghan_the_amazing_race.htm)

allezfred
05-23-2011, 08:21 PM

I had to look at the photos. And I still had to think really hard about anything memorable about them. :shuffle:

Fridge_Break
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I had to look at the photos. And I still had to think really hard about anything memorable about them. :shuffle:

There was nothing. I am the biggest TAR-uber there is, and if you asked me to rattle off all of the winners the show has had, I probably would not have been able to remember their names at the present time had they not been mentioned here in this thread. In fact, I think the most memorable thing about them is that here at FSU, we referred to them as "Barbie and Keyne," or something like that.

shan
05-24-2011, 01:10 AM
I know Rob and Brennan (lawyers) won the first season by defeating Frank and Margarita.

I have no clue from then on. Which episode did long suffering partner whose name escapes me and Flo the horror win?

genevieve
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM
I think that was TAR 3 (and her partner was Zach. Easy to remember them as FloZach, because we all needed Prozac after watching her wretchedness on our screens all season)

ETA: I just checked and it was Seasaon 3 - I believe it was the next season that they introduced the rule about sharing Roadblock duties. Zach did 9 Roadblocks and Flo only did 1 :eek:
The 2nd place team had almost as bad a discrepancy - Teri only did 2 RBs, while Ian did 8. So glad that rule was created...

Lilia A
05-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Actually that rule was introduced in season 6. After, in season 5, the man of each team in the top 3 (Colin, Chip, and Brandon) did all roadblocks except for one which was the ONLY one done by the lady of each top 3 team (Christie, Kim, and Nicole).

Beefcake
05-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Flo's whiney ragdoll winning $500,000 on the back of Zach SHOULD have resulted in an immediate change of rules, but Yeh it didn't.

I :lol: that after her one RB -- selling tea to the locals -- she was sooooooooo proud of herself and STILL soooooooooo Flo ... whining how exhausted she was.

:cat: I recall S6 winner Kendra saying she was the first woman winner to have done her share of the challenges or something like that. Take that Flo and Kim!

Lilia A
05-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Flo's only roadblock? Yeah, it was escargot in Morocco and at DINNER time. Noone had trouble selling the escargot, I believe. People have to eat, don't they? It's way easier than, say, trying to sell sunglasses in Ghana.

Speaking of Kendra.... Whenever I think of season 6, I (unfortunately) think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66uCF2b5zs#t=200s

I still cannot believe that happened.